Community
Wiki Posts
Search

favorite dumb pax comments

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by davetravels
And the choices are getting FEWER and FEWER!!! Where's everyone gonna go when they run out of choices?!?!
Southwest.
Old May 1, 2012, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by bkcarolina
I was flying from Fort Lauderdale to New Orleans and actually called the airline to ask why it takes one hour to get there and three hours to return. The rep just said to me, "I'm going to let you think about that for a bit and maybe you'll figure it out." And I did!

My excuse: I was 21 at the time.
Same to me, but I was 7 at the time!
Old May 1, 2012, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Xeno
After all the posts about self-upgrades, I have to wonder how DL misses obvious clues.
And how they make a wrong call on legitimate passengers. The starboard aisle blocked by a service cart. So I went around to the other aisle and walked through the galley to the Lav (The only lav between BE and economy was on the starboard side). The FA working in the galley asked to see my BP. I told her it was in my jacket. She insisted on seeing my BP. I told her she would have to get my jacket. Then she asked me my seat number. I gave her my seat number. Just be sure, she watched me walk back to my seat after I had used the Lav.
Old May 1, 2012, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by Yaatri
And how they make a wrong call on legitimate passengers. The starboard aisle blocked by a service cart. So I went around to the other aisle and walked through the galley to the Lav (The only lav between BE and economy was on the starboard side). The FA working in the galley asked to see my BP. I told her it was in my jacket. She insisted on seeing my BP. I told her she would have to get my jacket. Then she asked me my seat number. I gave her my seat number. Just be sure, she watched me walk back to my seat after I had used the Lav.
So what do you think is the reason for this? Did she look at you suspiciously as what were you doing on the "wrong side " of the aisles ? !
Old May 1, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: AMEX Centurion
I was flying from Fort Lauderdale to New Orleans and actually called the airline to ask why it takes one hour to get there and three hours to return. The rep just said to me, "I'm going to let you think about that for a bit and maybe you'll figure it out." And I did!

Sorry my friend, 21 isn't that good of an excuse LOL. But oh well, as long as you got it straight now
Old May 2, 2012, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had the same brain blank while looking at flights last week. I have no excuse whatsoever, other than fatigue! Fortunately I didn't voice my 'why is it quicker there than back' musings to anyone else!
Old May 2, 2012, 8:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NEWEXP1
So what do you think is the reason for this? Did she look at you suspiciously as what were you doing on the "wrong side " of the aisles ? !
I cant read her mind. It could have been anything.
What do you mean "wrong side" of the aisle?

Originally Posted by kochleffel
Are you saying that Indianapolis isn't in Greece, either? Is it in India?
USPS thinks India is in Indiana or that they are the same.

Originally Posted by nelsoninbangkok
This is no joke but heard on two of my Pacific flights in the past year:

1. Two American girls who had just vacationed in Sydney. "I was going to buy all my friends a calendar with Australian animals but realized that Australia is a day a head of us. Had to take them all back and buy magnets instead."

2. An American passenger to the Aussie flight attendent. "Can you see the date line when we cross over? Does the captain make an announcement? I don't want to miss it."

All true.
That's a good one.
Did her non-Australian watch work in Australia?

Originally Posted by t325
Heh, I always thought the same thing for a longest time. I figured the planes had a PRNDL gear shift - well I guess it would be a PRNFL. F for fly of course. Maybe the cooler planes have a R123456 gear shift
Not about aircraft but trains.
Kettle are being slammed unfairly. The truth is its not just kettle who ask stupid questions. A friend of mine, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science graduate form an Ivy League school with an MBA from Wharton School, asked me, as the train was moving out of the station moving from one track to another, "How does the engine driver know which track to take?"

Originally Posted by amolkold
The pilot puts the plane in R, puts his hand on the back of the co-pilot's chair, turns back and looks down the aisle of the plane, of course.
Everyone knows that you have to use the clutch too, if that aircraft has R123456 stick,

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; May 2, 2012 at 2:10 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts of same member.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
another use for a cash machine

I was on my way to my gate at DCA and I needed to use the ATM. A young woman was retrieving her cash so I figured I would be doing my transaction shortly. Then she began applying make up and combing and brushing her hair using the machine's screen as a mirror. I asked her to step aside while I did my transaction and she replied that she had never seen such rude and inconsiderate behavior ever!
Old May 2, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by Orion
I was on my way to my gate at DCA and I needed to use the ATM. A young woman was retrieving her cash so I figured I would be doing my transaction shortly. Then she began applying make up and combing and brushing her hair using the machine's screen as a mirror. I asked her to step aside while I did my transaction and she replied that she had never seen such rude and inconsiderate behavior ever!
I've never been to DCA, so when imagining this story in my head, the surroundings were one of the airports that I have been to, MCO. And at MCO, most of the airside ATMs are within 20 or 30 feet of a pair of bathrooms, so the picture in my head of this story has the woman primping with an ATM screen that's between a pair of bathrooms.

I'm sure that at DCA, this particular ATM wasn't quite so close to a bathroom. But then again...
Old May 2, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Orion
Well, that was true. She using the screen as a mirror, so she must have been viewing herself , so she must have been talking about her behaviour, not yours.

By the way, I think I would have blown a gasket had she done that in front of me. She really then would have seen rudeness.
Old May 2, 2012, 6:53 pm
Suspended

This message is in a class all of its own

Originally Posted by boadh398
What can be done for CE pax that have paid Business Fuel Surcharge to BA yet are forced by the same to disembark at rear of aircraft that arrive from Jersey into International gate at LGW, and arrive from Europe into Domestic gate at LHR?

Surely you could at least put steps at front of a/c? (BA323 on 29th April could have done this since ramp was no where near nose of a/c.....), or better still have better ground handling arrangement (particularly at LHR where BA should control the terminal and if they had staff, they could make arrangements to ensure the that arriving pax are allowed to disembark into the terminal and turn "right" by being blocked from Domestic area (but apparently the poor T5 design means this is "impossible")......

So what compensation has been offered to anyone?

Thoughts and experiences.....
Old May 3, 2012, 8:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PTravel
I'll do you one better. On a cruise ship, I heard someone ask if the elevator went up and down.
And I'll do you one better still: on a cruise ship I heard someone ask why the ship went up and down.
Old May 3, 2012, 9:02 am

Not air related but dumb:

I handed a can of paint to one of my employees and asked to him shake it up. He replied: "Should I take the lid off first?"
Old May 3, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Gold
last week in PHX i was waiting in line for the xray belt, a guy is talking loudly on his cell phone about a business deal and not really standing in line. Then he kind of gets in line 2 people behind me. Some girl was taking forever to get her jewlery off to go thro the metal detector, she looks up and lets the TSA folks know the bags on the table aren't hers and wants to know if she should just push them through, they let her know that if they arne't hers not to put them through the xray. It's at this time everyone in line realizes the asshat on his phone left his belongings on the table before the xray and is still wandering around having a conversation at the end of the line. He gets irritated that people are rushing him and says he has to go.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: aa
Not about aircraft but trains.
Kettle are being slammed unfairly. The truth is its not just kettle who ask stupid questions. A friend of mine, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science graduate form an Ivy League school with an MBA from Wharton School, asked me, as the train was moving out of the station moving from one track to another, "How does the engine driver know which /QUOTE]

was he the one who wondered why all the trees were going North on your Southbound train ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.