Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

favorite dumb pax comments

favorite dumb pax comments

Old Jul 1, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
I was able to get a companion upgrade for our new hire team member.

On board, she was similarly offered a choice of drinks
she didn't go with the slammer, but an old fashioned. oops, should have briefed her this ain't no mad men flying
Old Jul 1, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I always enjoy watching the kettles during IRROPS. Seems a favorite line is"i'll never fly this airline again".

Reality says that if it's the cheapest, they'll probably book it!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hhonors DM, SPG Plat, National EE
Also TSA.

Once in TSA line and lady in front of me has a stroller. Needs to get a few last things out and tells me to go ahead. I put my stuff on the belt walk to the scanner. Agent tells me that I can't just break in line. I explain that she told me she had to get something out of her stroller and told me to go ahead. She told me that she didn't care what the woman said. I simply said, "My bad, I was just trying to be efficient."

Her response was priceless. In a very loud voice she says, "Sir, being efficient is not one of the goals of the TSA!" Dude behind me said, "NO SH!T"

Whole place erupted in laughter.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by aslanlab
Also TSA.

Once in TSA line and lady in front of me has a stroller. Needs to get a few last things out and tells me to go ahead. I put my stuff on the belt walk to the scanner. Agent tells me that I can't just break in line. I explain that she told me she had to get something out of her stroller and told me to go ahead. She told me that she didn't care what the woman said. I simply said, "My bad, I was just trying to be efficient."

Her response was priceless. In a very loud voice she says, "Sir, being efficient is not one of the goals of the TSA!" Dude behind me said, "NO SH!T"

Whole place erupted in laughter.
GREAT!!!
Made me LOL
Old Jul 1, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I always enjoy watching the kettles during IRROPS. Seems a favorite line is"i'll never fly this airline again".

Reality says that if it's the cheapest, they'll probably book it!
I've heard that a lot too, and I'm sure you're right about their next booking.

Back when Ted was around I had boarded my flight, and there was a girl (~20yo) next to me talking on the phone. One of her comments was that "there was no first class because we were flying an air bus".
Old Jul 1, 2011, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL Silver, DL Million Miler
I was seated in Y and watching a young man with a Starbucks Coffee in one hand and his rollerboard in the other. When he realized he couldn't put the bag overhead with one hand, he took the hot coffee and put it in his front pants pocket (cargo pants). Needless to say, when he hefted up the bag, the coffee lid came off and he had hot coffee running down his leg.....priceless! Some things can't be made up!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Once on a US flight a while back, the door was about to close when a woman walks on and notices the overhead bins are all full. She then got a FA and asked if she could put her second carry-on under the seat in front of me.

Thankfully, this FA was seemingly the only PHL-based one that had sense, and flat-out refused and made her check the second bag before I could chime in. ^
Old Jul 1, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Had one of those last week in MEM. He was rebooked on my flight and his ticket was near the rear of the plane. He insisted on his original seat from the IROP. GA politely told him that it was occupied by another pax. He stormed away telling him what a horrible person he is and stood right in the boarding line on the phone with his "assistant" telling her to remove delta from his preferred traveler list. He boarded with zone 3...

The GA in ATL a few weeks ago was a classic insisting that the pax in my seat 1C on the CR2 was in fact neededing assistance. She deplaned first with her three carryons and down to baggage claim to pick up two more bags and haul them out on her own in flip flops...
Old Jul 1, 2011, 3:37 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by timboy219
. . . asked if she could put her second carry-on under the seat in front of me.
I think it's fair to say that most of us have joined FT to help us find solutions to situations to make our travels easier - - -I think I just found a new one!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
I was on a flight from Singapore to Brisbane 6 months ago. When i boarded the bin above my seat was full. The one across from me had a couple of things in and all pax below that bin where all strapped in and sat down. I proceed to but my bag in the bin only to be shouted at by a lady sat below it.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
I was sitting in 10A on an A-330 DTW-LGW watching everyone board. A fairly blackpoolish Englishman boards and starts heading toward the business cabin. The FA stops him and asks to see his boarding pass, then points him down the aisle to row forty-whatsis. He looks at the vast sea of narrowly-squeezed seats in front of him, then says indignantly, "So THIS, is SILVER-class?!?!"
Old Jul 1, 2011, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
"I'll never fly this airline again" in response to weather delays or being forced to check an oversized bag always cracks me up.

Another one I seem to hear pretty frequently, in a seemingly travel-savvy voice: "well, I've NEVER been on a plane this small." Last time my seat mate said that I responded with "fourth time this week I've been on a plane this small." It was a CR7.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 4:45 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mbluecpa
"I'll never fly this airline again" in response to weather delays . . . .
MANY years ago, when you could get to the gate without a BP, I was meeting pax at the gate, and some people were standing near me waiting for family as the plane pulled up and said - - -

Hmmmff!! I'll never fly THAT airline! That plane was FIFTEEN minutes late!!!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
All of these references to the phrase, "I'll never fly this airline again," drive me nuts.

Our society has been conditioned to hate airlines. This conditioning is due in large part to the media, who manages to vilify a bunch of companies that rarely turn a profit, offer a tremendous value, and comply with some of the strictest regulations anywhere.

When was the last time you heard any of these:

1) After a bad movie "I'll never see a film from that studio again."
2) After being told the kitchen has sold out of the special "I'll never go to that place again."
3) After having to wait an hour for the Doctor "I'll never see that guy again."
4) After forking over 200$ to take the kids to the ballpark where the home team gets beat 5-0 "I'll never support this team again."
5) After the weather man tells you at 8am it won't rain, and then it pours at Noon "I'll never watch that station again."

People seem to tolerate less then perfect experiences from almost any industry, but yet airlines are afforded no leeway.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL Gold Marriot silver Hilton
Originally Posted by houserulz77
All of these references to the phrase, "I'll never fly this airline again," drive me nuts.

Our society has been conditioned to hate airlines. This conditioning is due in large part to the media, who manages to vilify a bunch of companies that rarely turn a profit, offer a tremendous value, and comply with some of the strictest regulations anywhere.

When was the last time you heard any of these:

1) After a bad movie "I'll never see a film from that studio again."
2) After being told the kitchen has sold out of the special "I'll never go to that place again."
3) After having to wait an hour for the Doctor "I'll never see that guy again."
4) After forking over 200$ to take the kids to the ballpark where the home team gets beat 5-0 "I'll never support this team again."
5) After the weather man tells you at 8am it won't rain, and then it pours at Noon "I'll never watch that station again."

People seem to tolerate less then perfect experiences from almost any industry, but yet airlines are afforded no leeway.
+11111

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.