Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Help In Planning An Award Trip

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Need Help In Planning An Award Trip

I am an advanced beginner in the art of flying (I thought I was farther along until I saw the likes of you all) and was hoping to find someone with a lot more expertise than I who might be interested in a couple hours of paid consulting work to help me figure a few things out.

Here is my situation --

* I would like to take a round-the-world vacation with my family (5 tickets) next summer using miles. I'm not sure which airlines/alliance to focus on.

* I have been gold or platinum elite on CO for the past few years but have not been traveling as much lately and need to figure out some alternative ways to get to my goal (I'm about 600K miles short!).

* My wife and I charge a fair amount on credit cards for work and pleasure, and possibly a lot more going forward with a new business. We have been loyally using Amex for years but would consider another card, particularly since AmEx is divorcing with Continental in 2011. (We currently have >200K Membership Rewards miles).

* I don't want to spend a lot of time chasing S.P.A.M. deals though I would consider a few.

* I live in Mexico City.

So we need to figure out what is the best airline or alliance to use for this trip and the best credit card(s) and other methods for accruing the miles.

My hope is that there is a PhD out there in mileage accrual and redemption and could help this freshman. I'm not looking for tons of handholding, just some wise high-level advice to point me in the right direction.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Jamie

Last edited by obscure2k; Jan 13, 2011 at 6:24 pm Reason: Deleted off of payment for info
Old Jan 13, 2011, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jamiemex
I am an advanced beginner in the art of flying (I thought I was farther along until I saw the likes of you all) and was hoping to find someone with a lot more expertise than I who might be interested in a couple hours of paid consulting work to help me figure a few things out.

Here is my situation --

* I would like to take a round-the-world vacation with my family (5 tickets) next summer using miles. I'm not sure which airlines/alliance to focus on.

* I have been gold or platinum elite on CO for the past few years but have not been traveling as much lately and need to figure out some alternative ways to get to my goal (I'm about 600K miles short!).

* My wife and I charge a fair amount on credit cards for work and pleasure, and possibly a lot more going forward with a new business. We have been loyally using Amex for years but would consider another card, particularly since AmEx is divorcing with Continental in 2011. (We currently have >200K Membership Rewards miles).

* I don't want to spend a lot of time chasing S.P.A.M. deals though I would consider a few.

* I live in Mexico City.

So we need to figure out what is the best airline or alliance to use for this trip and the best credit card(s) and other methods for accruing the miles.

My hope is that there is a PhD out there in mileage accrual and redemption and could help this freshman. I'm not looking for tons of handholding, just some wise high-level advice to point me in the right direction.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Jamie
There isn't a "job" board on FT, but you might try sending a PM to gleff. I don't know that he can help you with all of your requests, but he does offer his expertise in finding and booking award travel for a fee.

Last edited by obscure2k; Jan 13, 2011 at 6:23 pm Reason: Reference to deleted info re: "payment."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.