Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Fee free withdraws on Chase debit cards in Canada

Old Dec 13, 2010, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Exec, DL, HHonors Blue, Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, Marriott Silver

I looked around and didn't see this. Thought I'd point it out. Realize that as always YMMV.

When I was traveling to Canada weekly I found that I could use my Chase debit card at a Bank of Montreal to withdraw cash without paying an ATM fee. This probably saved me hundreds of dollars over the course of 4 years. When I closed my Chase account (customer service issues), I asked about it and they didn't have a clue why that was possible. Of course this is Denver and most of them don't know what a 'Canada' is anyway.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 1:57 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Just guessing, but this could be because Chase has a relationship with Bank of Montreal, in the way that Bank of America has relationships with foreign banks in Canada (Scotia Bank) and in some other countries. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1122838
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Exec, DL, HHonors Blue, Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
Just guessing, but this could be because Chase has a relationship with Bank of Montreal, in the way that Bank of America has relationships with foreign banks in Canada (Scotia Bank) and in some other countries. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1122838
That was my guess as well, but figured the information would be helpful to others traveling in the Great White North since some Chase agents don't seem to know about it.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: book
Originally Posted by dagowolf
That was my guess as well, but figured the information would be helpful to others traveling in the Great White North since some Chase agents don't seem to know about it.
yup, that's true for sure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.