Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Now even my admin is teasing me over year-end extra mileage routings and runs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC

My admin just sent me a chat message about an upcoming itin to NYC. She joked that she routed me to LGA via SFO and asked if that was ok. She didn't actually do that, of course, although I wouldn't have minded if she had routed me via IAD or DEN

The backstory to this is that she noticed a couple of weeks ago an itinerary I purchased for a trip to the northeast when she was out of the office. I did the return to ORD via CLT on US in order to get the additional miles, and I was able to justify it due to the departure time and the fact that it only cost $8 more than the non-stop routing (go figure). When she saw the confirmation and started adding it to my calendar, she was wondering why on earth I would go BDL-CLT-ORD. I told her I needed a few more miles (at this point, 2010 EQM after all my currently booked travel) to get back to Premier Exec on United, so I found that circuitous routing.

Anyone else get teased by co-workers, friends, family over year-end extra mileage earning routings and runs?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 8:48 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

My wife used to.

Then I flew her out to SIN in SQ F to meet me while I was on a trip.

She doesn't tease me anymore.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by YYZC2
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

My wife used to.

I loled
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
My coworkers have seen my spreadsheet which goes back for over 4 years detailing all flights, needed points/miles to get to status, other mileage/points earnings, etc. They tease me a lot but then I get to go on vacation in biz class for free! so I happily accept it all
Old Dec 1, 2010, 5:14 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
My wife used to.

Yup. Same with mattress runs.

Now, if I'm on a biz trip and in 1 hotel, she asks me why I'm not bouncing between hotels?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
[SIZE=1]

My wife used to.

I think wives are the easiest converts.

In 2009 I did a 30K MR to reach EXP on AA. I then upgraded my DW to J on 5 TATL segs and she is now concerned about my status.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Gamecock
I think wives are the easiest converts...
Agreed. I think the reason is that a wife (or husband, B/GF, partner, whatever) gets to experience some benefits from the miles and the status. An admin normally doesn't.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Gamecock
I think wives are the easiest converts.

In 2009 I did a 30K MR to reach EXP on AA. I then upgraded my DW to J on 5 TATL segs and she is now concerned about my status.
Much make it easier to be away from home for mileage runs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.