Wiki Posts
Search

Which airports allow use of a vape

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 3:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Which airports allow use of a vape

OK, so if you're offended by the very existence of these, this isn't the thread for you.

I thought I'd start this thread for those who use a vape or any other kind of e-cigarette so that we can keep track of where these can (legally) be used indoors.

Please feel free to add / update with any info you have.

London Heathrow - permitted anywhere within terminal buildings except beyond gate areas (source: HAL) Am assuming that most / all airline lounges don't allow them to be used.

London Gatwick - permitted only in outdoor smoking areas - treated the same as regular cigarettes. (Source: GAL)
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
If you do a Google search, you can easily find lists of airports where these are and are not allowed.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:22 am

Here's a helpful link!
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Moving to TravelBuzz
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace
If you do a Google search, you can easily find lists of airports where these are and are not allowed.
Originally Posted by boberonicus
As ever, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

You'll also find that by doing a Google search on the subject, the information is mainly out-of-date, unreliable and US-centric.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:14 pm

For what its worth, I will go out and just say that it seems e-vapes are used anywhere and everywhere in airports providing you are not being disrespectful to people. They are discrete enough that it appears as though you are being mindful, you will have no problems. But then again, they don't sit and puff huge pillows of smoke in the middle of the terminal either.

I see people in lounges and etc charging their pens all the time. I have yet to see anyone get in trouble. But, I've never seen anyone go "Crazy puffing" on a pen - like I sometimes do in public. They seem to be more travel friendly pens, vs. the monster pens some people carry around.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by nth_utsera_sth_utsera
OK, so if you're offended by the very existence of these, this isn't the thread for you.

I thought I'd start this thread for those who use a vape or any other kind of e-cigarette so that we can keep track of where these can (legally) be used indoors.
In my experience, it depends on what kind of e-cig you're using. If you're using the discrete little white ones that are the same size are regular cigarettes and put out very little external vapor, no one will notice you. If, on the other hand, you're using a giant, multi-colored mini-hookah, most airports will require that you use the smoking room.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
USA:
Airports Allowing Electronic Cigarettes Indoors
Can I use my PV or E-Cig in Airports

OP - perhaps you should search based on the individual airports you will be using? Alternatively, you could start a wiki on this topic?

Also, this link (thanks, google @:-)) provides some wider scope on travel with e-cigs.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by nth_utsera_sth_utsera
As ever, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
Someone needs to alert Chelsea Peretti, stat! Also, what's the highest form of wit? I'm thinking brevity or litotes, but I haven't seen the most recent rankings.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by boberonicus
Entertainingly enough... clicking on that link, now lists this thread as the #1 search result.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 7:36 am
Suspended

I am not sure that you can Vape at airports, maybe in some areas. The link was not helpful at all.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 11:32 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As this thread and the information within it is all from 2014, we will go ahead and close this thread. For more recent information and discussion, please refer to the Smoking Lounge forum. Thanks!

/Moderator
ajGoes likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.