FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Most unflattering FA uniforms (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/1101733-most-unflattering-fa-uniforms.html)

VivoPerLei Jul 3, 2010 12:36 am

Most unflattering FA uniforms

This is a subject that would almost never occur to me, but as I was flying yesterday on EK I thought, wow that's one attractive FA - in perhaps the most hideous uniform I've ever seen. It is sort of a pasty flesh color, doesn't seem to fit well below the waist, bunches up in the back, and looks like it wrinkles easy. Even the male FA's on the flight weren't spared - IMO their pants look a little bit overly baggy and cheap.

Any worse uniforms out there?

WChou Jul 3, 2010 12:50 am

AA

Like I've recounted before. I once watched a KL and LH crew pass me in a terminal at DFW. Every person looked like they stepped off a fashion runway. Then I passed an AA crew. It looked like a senior citizen bus headed to the bingo parlor after stopping off at the Salvation Army thrift store. The one piece smocks are especially unflattering. Each crew member can mix and match their uniform leading to a very disorganized look. Whatever material they use seems to wear quickly leading to a threadbare appearance to an outdated design.

EDIT: A site with FA uniforms.

blumage Jul 3, 2010 1:21 am

Iberia had those orange puke colored skirts. Now they have a better uniform.
I don't like also Asiana uniform, at least when they are beside the Korean Air ones.

VivoPerLei Jul 3, 2010 1:32 am

Originally Posted by WChou (Post 14236756)

Cool site. Thanks for posting

ArizonaGuy Jul 3, 2010 3:14 am

Does BA still have those ugly shirts and blouses? I haven't patronized BA in several years.

greenery-travel Jul 3, 2010 4:17 am

AA

Like I've recounted before. I once watched a KL and LH crew pass me in a terminal at DFW. Every person looked like they stepped off a fashion runway. Then I passed an AA crew. It looked like a senior citizen bus headed to the bingo parlor after stopping off at the Salvation Army thrift store. The one piece smocks are especially unflattering. Each crew member can mix and match their uniform leading to a very disorganized look. Whatever material they use seems to wear quickly leading to a threadbare appearance to an outdated design.

Far and away, the most attractive uniforms (and FAs occupying them) to pass through DFW are the KE ones. They really put the AA flight crews to shame.

Wome Jul 3, 2010 4:34 am

The worst i´ve ever seen was Mahan Air (yes i did fly with them and still regret it!)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3149/...7936518b54.jpg

kamchatsky Jul 3, 2010 8:49 am

Asiana has pretty unflattering uniform there .....

B747-437B Jul 3, 2010 8:52 am

Originally Posted by lancebanyon (Post 14236727)
I was flying yesterday on EK I thought, wow that's one attractive FA - in perhaps the most hideous uniform I've ever seen.

EK crew often refer to their uniforms as "brown paper bags with red lipstick".

ORDnHKG Jul 3, 2010 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by edison (Post 14237819)
Asiana has pretty unflattering uniform there .....

+3

OZ's uniform to me is ok, but their hats are just downright ugly. I asked one of the FA why the back of their hats are like a triangle, she told me it is resemblence of OZ's plane tail, how odd the design is !

Besides, their uniforms are actually reflect to their old color scheme, it matches that yellowish brown outside the plane.

Mynameismud Jul 4, 2010 5:48 am

in no specific order

AZ/EK/KL/QF/IR

Jazzop Jul 4, 2010 8:41 am

Ever since age and weight limits for FAs were lifted in the '60s, I'm afraid the problem is not just the uniforms...

VivoPerLei Jul 4, 2010 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Jazzop (Post 14241641)
Ever since age and weight limits for FAs were lifted in the '60s, I'm afraid the problem is not just the uniforms...

That depends on who you're flying. That EK flight crew was smoking, even with the bad uniforms.

skylady Jul 4, 2010 5:00 pm

AA
The one piece smocks are especially unflattering.

The smocks are actually made to be worn by pregnant FAs. Maybe that is why it is so unflattering!

4Health Jul 4, 2010 9:51 pm

Nice site. The AA uniforms from 71-73 look like they could be a party dress. Pretty scant.