MyFlights iPhone App [Discontinued as of 31 December 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MyFlights iPhone App [Discontinued as of 31 December 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
I could see on my iPhone app that an upcoming BA award booking had two ff numbers - so I assumed that the BA person had inserted my AirBerlin gold card number in the FQTS field (as requested) ... however looking at the booking on the MyFlightsApp.com website it shows:

AirBerlin card number - FQTV
BA card number - BOTH

Is it possible to hold two cards in the FQTV field ?!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:46 pm

British Airways IT confused

Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
Is it possible to hold two cards in the FQTV field ?!
It turns out it was possible ... and BA's systems got mightily confused !
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:39 am

FQTR

i just had FQTR show up (in an email update) ... nice !
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:57 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Myflights app offline

What happened? Their web site only says they are offline for the foreseeable future.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 3:33 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by intuition
What happened? Their web site only says they are offline for the foreseeable future.
From their Facebook page:
Unfortunately it looks like My Flights is now offline for the foreseeable future, due to Amadeus preventing My Flights from accessing bookings. This coincides with the launch of their own updated app.

Thank you to all of our users for your support over the last 7 years, and we hope to be back one day in the future.
And:
This has been an interesting week, and it's not even Friday yet. First off - thank you to everyone for their support - the number of supportive messages* through every medium has been overwhelming. And so in return I owe you an update.

The good news is that I've had some very positive initial discussions with Amadeus. It is early days, but there is I feel good intent to work towards a positive solution.

I'll update more as progress is made, but for now I'd say thank you to all those who have tweeted, emailed, AppStored and facebooked Amadeus requesting that they review the situation, but if they could now hold fire while we work out the next steps, hopefully we can work together for a win-win.

I'll keep you posted here on the Facebook page. Stay tuned.

Chris

*more than a thousand supportive messages, and one request for a refund because they only received 3 years of benefit for their Ł1.29
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Myflights ending Dec 2017

Just got an email from the Myflights team saying that the service is ending at the end of December 2017 due to having to reach agreement with each and every airline separately which would be an impossible task. Data will be accessible until mid 2018 then all will be deleted.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:17 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From the MyFlights Facebook page:

*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT MYFLIGHTS ***

After nine years and more than 50,000 users, it's with great regret that I announce that on 31 December 2017, MyFlights will be discontinued.

Our current agreement with Amadeus, the booking reservation system, comes to an end on 31 December 2017. Unfortunately, the new agreement doesn't give MyFlights access to the data it needs to operate.

You can continue to use the MyFlights app and MyFlights on the web as normal until 31 December 2017. After this date, your existing bookings will no longer be monitored for changes and you won't be able to add new bookings to your account.

Please check your inbox for an email with more information and further details on accessing your account after 31 December and status refunds. If you have any questions please get in touch.

On a personal note, I just wanted to say a huge thank you for choosing MyFlights. I created the app nearly a decade ago to monitor my bookings, and added it to the App Store in case anybody else might find it useful. Seeing the app grow over the years has been one of my proudest achievements and I have been overwhelmed by your enthusiasm and support. It's been incredible hearing on a daily basis how MyFlights has become an essential travel tool and helped you avoid some sticky situations.

Thank you again, and safe travels.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:19 pm

Really quite devastated about this news. This was such a useful and indispensable app for travellers.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: VA WP, UA 1k, QR G, AZ WP
Losing MyFlights and Flight Track Pro were both quite sad moments, two apps that I actually found useful - not just a way to pass time. farewell old friend
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:36 am

Any recommendations for apps that can replace MyFlights, especially apps/programs that track schedule/equipment change, seats and so on?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by RVH85
Any recommendations for apps that can replace MyFlights, especially apps/programs that track schedule/equipment change, seats and so on?
I've started to look at Expert Flyer - costs for the useful bits, though. Very sorry to see MyFlights go...
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by RVH85
it might be worth waiting until the new year - to see whether other sites / apps lose functionality ... but aren't as up front as MyFlights at announcing it !
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:01 am

Amadeus Check My Trip app on iOS is still functioning. My Flights doesn’t synchronise anymore. This is a sad sad moment
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:04 am
Company Representative: MyFlights App

Programs: MyFlights GOLD :)
Originally Posted by Jack007
Amadeus Check My Trip app on iOS is still functioning. My Flights doesn’t synchronise anymore. This is a sad sad moment
Sync should still work (i.e. the app syncing bookings with MyFlights, so when you sign in they're all there), but the ability to add new bookings, check for changes, and the automated booking monitoring are now disabled.

A sad moment indeed - and that's as a traveller myself, not just a developer
Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:21 am

The app still seems to sync for me. There was an update a few weeks ago but I’m scared to update it as it might take away the remaining functionality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.