Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having problems with MileTracker??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else having problems with MileTracker??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2006, 2:15 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by sbc94523
This link is for British Airways Executive Club, which so far is working on MileTracker - although it is a timely reminder that I will need to update my log in info.

BAA WorldPoints is the underachiever for me. That's the program where I get points for shopping at the British Airports, and convert them to half price train tickets into central London.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 7:58 am

Recently, I started experiencing a new problem w/ MileTracker...

Whenever I click on miletracker to update my account, the software automatically opens a new window with the following address:

http://speed.pointroll.com/PointRoll...rs/tran1x1.gif

Any idea how to stop this?
Old Mar 25, 2006, 9:53 am

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
"Any idea how to stop this?"

You're familiar with your HOSTS file ?
Usually C:\windows\hosts (no extension)
add:
127.0.0.1 speed.pointroll.com
127.0.0.1 ads.pointroll.com
127.0.0.1 media.pointroll.com
127.0.0.1 mirror.pointroll.com
127.0.0.1 www.pointroll.com

should pretty well kill 'em all off ^
/.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:01 pm

Angry

Originally Posted by cblaisd
MyPoints continues to show zero, Alaska Airlines hasn't worked in days and days, and neither has Best Western.
My points works but for only a single account. My wife or daughters account will not come up. Also Erewards stopped working a couple of weeks ago when the web site was revamped
Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:27 pm

I just received a helpful response from miletracker:

Thank you for letting us know about the pop-up problem. It appears that USA
Today is using a new ad server and we need to update MileTracker
accordingly. This is the second time that this has happened. We will get
the problem fixed as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your support.

Originally Posted by atwnsw2
Whenever I click on miletracker to update my account, the software automatically opens a new window with the following address:

http://speed.pointroll.com/PointRoll...rs/tran1x1.gif

Any idea how to stop this?
Old Mar 31, 2006, 2:46 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dmanphoenix
My points works but for only a single account. My wife or daughters account will not come up. Also Erewards stopped working a couple of weeks ago when the web site was revamped
Today's update fixed E-Rewards, but MyPoints is still showing zero.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:20 am
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Today's update fixed E-Rewards, but MyPoints is still showing zero.
Just wait. They are working on it. I just gave them my My Points log-in so their programmer can work out some bugs.
Old Apr 8, 2006, 7:30 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Hawaiian Airlines is no longer working. Looks like there was a slight change to the login procedure on the HA website.
Old May 19, 2006, 4:20 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
After a few months of not being able to access my Miles and More account, Miletracker is suddenly able to do so again. No updates were downloaded either...strange

On an unrelated note, I just got this email - has anyone received this or is getting miles out of the surveys?

Dear Forum Member,

As a USA TODAY MileTracker user, you are invited to participate in an exciting
new research group – our USA TODAY MileTracker Forum. For occasionally
completing surveys in which NO personally identifiable information will be
requested, you will earn frequent flier program miles – not some third-party
currency or points that you will probably never use – but MILES! These will be
awarded from most of the major air carriers and will be automatically deposited
in 1000-mile increments in the account of your choice.

Your answers from the surveys will provide valuable feedback to airlines,
hotels, agencies, & others, to help them improve the quality of the products and
services we use almost daily. Ongoing participation is completely voluntary and
you can discontinue at any time.

To join the USA TODAY MileTracker Forum and begin earning miles, just click the
link below:

http://forum.deskport.biz/optin.php?...xxxx.com&app=1
([email protected] was the email address with which I signed up for Miletracker).
Old May 19, 2006, 9:58 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
I received the e-mail and filled out the survey. Why not? All of a sudden MT pulled up my correct mypoints.com level!
Old May 19, 2006, 5:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Savage25
On an unrelated note, I just got this email - has anyone received this or is getting miles out of the surveys?
I got an email from them earlier this week indicating that you need to earn 1000 points before they will credit your account, since they buy the points in those blocks.

I received two surveys today, one about wait times at airports and another about the registered traveller program at ATL. Didn't qualify for either one after the first question.
Old May 20, 2006, 8:31 pm

As of last week, I cannot refresh my data. I begin the download and then minimize the window. It freezes at about 90% and I eventually get an "out of memory message". I called Miletracker's tech support and they told me to reload the program. Unfortunately, it did nothing to improve things. Thoughts? Solutions? Thanks!
Old May 20, 2006, 8:39 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wizzy
I got an email from them earlier this week indicating that you need to earn 1000 points before they will credit your account, since they buy the points in those blocks.

I received two surveys today, one about wait times at airports and another about the registered traveller program at ATL. Didn't qualify for either one after the first question.
Yeah, I saw that you have a minimum of 1000 miles before they transfer them to your mileage account. I signed up and got the same two surveys (for 50 and 100 miles each, were'nt they?) - didn't qualify for either after the first question. Doesn't seem too encouraging.
Old May 21, 2006, 4:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Savage25
Yeah, I saw that you have a minimum of 1000 miles before they transfer them to your mileage account. I signed up and got the same two surveys (for 50 and 100 miles each, were'nt they?) - didn't qualify for either after the first question. Doesn't seem too encouraging.
I don't remember the surveys, but I have earned 200 pts for previous surveys. Little effort, so no rush to earn them.
Old May 23, 2006, 3:57 pm

I too am having the same problem.

Anybody find a fix?

I am going to email them ....

Originally Posted by mtcrawford
As of last week, I cannot refresh my data. I begin the download and then minimize the window. It freezes at about 90% and I eventually get an "out of memory message". I called Miletracker's tech support and they told me to reload the program. Unfortunately, it did nothing to improve things. Thoughts? Solutions? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.