Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2007, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Has Anyone Tried TripIt?

I saw a blurb on this service in Sunday's NYT. It looks pretty cool:

http://www.tripit.com/

Has anyone played around with it yet?
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:10 am

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by MBM3

Just a little. Seems to import data well from reservation confirmations of the major hotels, air etc. Have not yet tried to see how well it formats an entire trip and have others be able to view it. Will let you know next week and would also be interested in others' experience.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mstraveler
Just a little. Seems to import data well from reservation confirmations of the major hotels, air etc. Have not yet tried to see how well it formats an entire trip and have others be able to view it. Will let you know next week and would also be interested in others' experience.
I have uploaded a couple trips and will provide feedback as well. So far, I like it, though I think they need to better format the site for mobile use.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Gold
simple OK, complex missed some key

I started with a simple Hertz & Southwest = no problems.

Tried a more complex one.
Hertz OK
Travelocity failed miserably
Hyatt failed
Kempinski failed, but that is to be expected

Adding flights manually not too bad, but..

We'll see if they take feedback seriously
Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:59 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by shyabrasive
I started with a simple Hertz & Southwest = no problems.

Tried a more complex one.
Hertz OK
Travelocity failed miserably
Hyatt failed
Kempinski failed, but that is to be expected
Adding flights manually not too bad, but..
We'll see if they take feedback seriously
The site adds data from straightforward sites and confirmations easily. If you send it something it does not recognize it offers you the option of adding it as an unformatted note. You can edit those easily. I think it will prove to be easier than what I am doing now (don't ask!) and a decently effecient way of having trips organized for Mr. mstraveler and family to see. Of course, if they make the site better, all the easier.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 8:50 am
mlk

First impression is positive.

It easily imported my flight, car rental and hotel confirmations for my next couple trips.

Thanks to the OP for sharing!
Old Oct 10, 2007, 11:16 am

I've tried this for a trip I have planned to the UK in January.

It took my airline reservations perfectly (UA), but since none of my hotels are major chains it recognizes, I put those in manually; it took a few minutes, but it looks quite nice. I also entered several notes -- one for miscelleneous information like pass and insurance numbers, contact info like the UK mobile #, and events like theater tickets. It all looks quite nice. I plan to print a copy and leave it for my housesitter, and also to put a copy inside one of those Magellan luggage tags that holds your whole itinerary.

I do wish there was a way to prevent maps from auto-loading; it seems to slow down the page quite a bit.

I did send them feedback (about adding trains and a few other things) and received a response from a human almost immediately, so I do think feedback is actually read.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 11:32 am

Programs: "I COME FROM Des Moines. Somebody had to." -- Bill Bryson
Ditto what most other people have said. It works, but not well with email confirmations.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
=)

haven't tried it but i will!
Old Oct 10, 2007, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by mstraveler
The site adds data from straightforward sites and confirmations easily. If you send it something it does not recognize it offers you the option of adding it as an unformatted note. You can edit those easily. I think it will prove to be easier than what I am doing now (don't ask!) and a decently effecient way of having trips organized for Mr. mstraveler and family to see. Of course, if they make the site better, all the easier.
Found the first glitch. Added my husband as a "friend" so that he could see my trip details and he could see nothing but the fact that I was going to San Diego. I then added myself as a "friend" to check and had the same problem. Am pleased with my access to my trips, but the real usefulness for me will be to have family be able to easily access my travel plans without me having to email or print it for them. Have emailed the site. Have others had the same problem??
Old Oct 11, 2007, 1:01 pm

Programs: HHonors, SPG, UAL - 1P
My first test and it formatted United, Hilton, and Avis well.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Lufthansa Miles & More, Flying Blue, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by MBM3

Is this another review by David "all my articles assume you live in NYC" Pogue?
Old Oct 11, 2007, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by polonius
Is this another review by David "all my articles assume you live in NYC" Pogue?

No, it was just a small article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/07/tr...comTripIt.html
Old Oct 11, 2007, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
anyone tried importing confirmations from say travel agencies like carlson wagonlit for example? This sounds interesting. i will have to check it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.