Old May 15, 2008, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
that's what your fly per week, right?
Old May 16, 2008, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Site Enhancements

The layout of statistics is rearranged. The country flags appear next to airports, and the # of flights list and flight miles list per airline are side by side.

I'm trying to figure out this "Benchmark" thing.
Old May 16, 2008, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Premium members can now rate their flights, airports and airlines. I'm not sure if this is beneficial to me or not.
Old May 18, 2008, 5:49 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by redbeard911
Premium members can now rate their flights, airports and airlines. I'm not sure if this is beneficial to me or not.
It´s not only for premium members !!
Old Jun 12, 2008, 3:50 pm

i really like this tool/site. one thing that bugs me about entering flight info though is the separated screens for location/date/time info and flight number/airline/extra info. can't these be on one page ? is it perhaps an advertising imprints thing ?

great tool at any rate. can't complain too much about free stuff
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL GM
Poster?

Can anyone comment on the quality? I was thinking of getting one for my ManCave as a conversation piece. I am only including travels from the last 10 years and these are vacations, non-wrk stuff only. However, most of my flights are US, Caribbean, and Mexico (one trans-Pac, one south america, and a few TATL), I was curious as to the quality of the North American Poster for discerning the airports in Mexico/Carribean.

I ask because the map on the website looks like a jarbled mess on the Mexico/Caribbean portions.

thanks

http://my.flightmemory.com/lls138

Last edited by lls138; Jun 23, 2008 at 1:57 pm
Old Jun 23, 2008, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL Gold, WN A-List, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Avis 1st
Can any decode three AA tail numbers.

I know that American often reports internal fleet numbers to the BTS. I have decoded many of the MD-80's but I can't figure these out. I think some might have been Boeing 727's. But I'm not sure.

N818AA
N2BUAA
N2BSAA

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 4:22 am

I bought the big North American poster, and just looked at it again, and I suspect that you would be very happy with the detail in the Caribbean and elsewhere.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by PIONEER
I bought the big North American poster, and just looked at it again, and I suspect that you would be very happy with the detail in the Caribbean and elsewhere.

great....what size do you recommend? I was thinking of the $96 one, not the largest one.

Also, does the N. American poster include central america or does it stop around the mexico/guatemala border?
Old Jun 26, 2008, 1:21 pm

I bought the largest possible size. To give you an idea of the level of detail, the distance on the map between SJU and STT is about 1 centimeter.

The southernmost airport is SJO, and it has all of Alaska (even Barrow) and Hawaii as well as BDA.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:09 am

Any advise on how to enter a diverted flight? I was on a DL flight to ATL last night that got diverted to BHM due to weather/lack of fuel. We weren't let out of the airplane. Nor did we officially pull into a gate. We sort of just sat in the corner for 2 hours waiting. Does this count as a visit to BHM? I don't suppose DL is going to give me any extra miles, but we did watch the safety video twice.

Seriously though, any thoughts? The normally 1:29 flight took nearly 6 hours of my life so I would really like to document something. Thanks.

Last edited by yashan; Jun 27, 2008 at 10:21 am Reason: Corrected my math. :)
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by yashan
You flew from SFO to OAK back in 1998? ^ Is there a cool story behind that?
UA used to offer that route for sale.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
UA used to offer that route for sale.
It didn't involve a big rubberband and hang gliders, did it?
Old Jun 27, 2008, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by yashan
Any advise on how to enter a diverted flight? I was on a DL flight to ATL last night that got diverted to BHM due to weather/lack of fuel. We weren't let out of the airplane. Nor did we officially pull into a gate. We sort of just sat in the corner for 2 hours waiting. Does this count as a visit to BHM? I don't suppose DL is going to give me any extra miles, but we did watch the safety video twice.

Seriously though, any thoughts? The normally 1:29 flight took nearly 6 hours of my life so I would really like to document something. Thanks.
I had a diversion to ABQ a couple of months ago on an ATL-LAS flight that I entered as ATL-ABQ and ABQ-LAS. We did officially pull into a gate (hooked up the jetway, etc.) which was how the paramedics entered the plane to get the sick F/A off the plane, but we were not allowed off the plane.

F/As did a quickie version of the safety demo (since, at least at the time, all the ex-TWA 757s were doing manual demonstrations).

It was like some "direct" flights that I've been on that I did not bother getting off the plane and counted those, so I figured this would count as well.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by PCMflyer
Can any decode three AA tail numbers.

I know that American often reports internal fleet numbers to the BTS. I have decoded many of the MD-80's but I can't figure these out. I think some might have been Boeing 727's. But I'm not sure.

N818AA
N2BUAA
N2BSAA

Any help would be appreciated.
You can search FAA N-Numbers here.

Using this tool, the first one comes back to a Dassault Falcon - not an AA plane.

The last two are not valid N-numbers. You can see the criteria here, but in short, as you can have a maximum of two alpha characters at the end of the N-number, the last two clearly are invalid.

Did these come from the side of actual AA planes? If so, my guess is there's a transcription error somewhere.

Also, I assume you know that AA doesn't fly any 727's anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.