KVS Availability Tool

Subscribe
Quote: So far I have never been able to replicate this issue on any of my machines, so I really don't have any way of determining the exact source of the problem... Assuming you're clearing cache/cookies in your Internet Explorer settings (and not in some other browser you may have installed), I really can't think of any other solutions.
Thanks for the reply. Since KVS has moved to a more revenue driven model, is this the kind of thing that will get fixed? Its a great tool but with the higher costs I would hope for a little more concern.
Quote: I would hope for a little more concern.
Well, as always, I am doing my best to find solutions to any issues that I become aware of. However, it's virtually impossible to resolve an issue, if it can't be reproduced... When I run the Tool on my machine, I can access fares in any of the 3 currencies.
Quote: H-HANDICAPPED is self explanatory and I kinda guess that B-BUKH means bulkhead. But there is no legend for C the only letter that appears on a seat. And what do the * and B in the margin mean?

I realise that since they differ by airline it will be impossible to list them all. But a few more clues would be really help us retards.
Well, the "B" in the margin denotes a bulkhead row. I have no idea what "C" means -- perhaps it means [C]losed (i.e. can't be assigned), or [C]hild (i.e. a seat where a bassinet can be installed). Again, the legend and the seat map come directly from the airline's systems, so the meanings of the specific characters are only limited by their imagination... I have been trying to find a comprehensive reference for Worldspan seat maps, but so far has not been able to find one...
Apollo:ITN/UA -- "Datasource Error: Flight Availability"
Please note that as a result of yesterday's changes by UA, the Apollo:ITN/UA method of the Tool is not currently operational and will display the following error message: "Datasource Error: Flight Availability".

This does not affect any of the remaining 5 methods.
Quote: I have been having an issue lately with looking at flight departing the same day. For instance, I just tried looking up flights from SFO-MRY, and it came back with the error response of flight availability for today. However, there are still many flights left for SFO-MRY for today, and this was also all done on the Apollo: ITN/UA search...I haven't tried the others.
For same-day availability, as well as for availability on already-departed flights, it's best to use the the Apollo:ITN/CWT method:

[KVS Availability Tool 2.0.4/Platinum - Apollo: ITN/CWT/US-CA]
Code:
SFO  San Francisco Int'l CA US [KSFO]
MRY  Monterey Metro / Carmel/Monterey Peninsula CA US = MRY [KMRY]
FRI  10 Mar 2006

Carrier   Flight From Depart    To   Arrive    A/C  St Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- -- -----------------------------------
US/OO     7305   SFO  07:41     MRY  08:16     EM2  0  Y4 B4 M4 N0 H4 K4 Q4 L4 V4 W4 S4 T4
US/OO     7306   SFO  08:40     MRY  09:19     EM2  0  Y4 B4 M4 N0 H4 K4 Q4 L4 V4 W4 S4 T4
US/OO     7307   SFO  09:59     MRY  10:38     EM2  0  Y4 B4 M4 N0 H4 K4 Q4 L4 V4 W4 S4 T4
UA/OO     6236   SFO  15:40     MRY  16:18     EM2  0  Y1 B1 M1 E1 U1 H1 Q1 V1 W1 S1 T1 K1 L1 G0
UA/OO     6222   SFO  07:41     MRY  08:16          0  PAST SCHEDULE
UA/OO     6224   SFO  08:40     MRY  09:19          0  PAST SCHEDULE
UA/OO     6130   SFO  09:59     MRY  10:38          0  PAST SCHEDULE
US/OO     7308   SFO  13:55     MRY  14:33     EM2  0  Y0 B0 M0 N0 H0 K0 Q0 L0 V0 W0 S0 T0
UA/OO     6216   SFO  13:55     MRY  14:33     EM2  0  Y0 B0 M0 E0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 K0 L0 G0
US/OO     7309   SFO  15:40     MRY  16:18     EM2  0  Y0 B0 M0 N0 H0 K0 Q0 L0 V0 W0 S0 T0
US/OO     7310   SFO  19:14     MRY  19:52     EM2  0  Y0 B0 M0 N0 H0 K0 Q0 L0 V0 W0 S0 T0
UA/OO     6204   SFO  19:14     MRY  19:52     EM2  0  Y0 B0 M0 E0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 K0 L0 G0
UA/OO     6168   SFO  22:30     MRY  23:08     EM2  0  Y0 B0 M0 E0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 K0 L0 G0
US/OO     7304   SFO  22:30     MRY  23:08     EM2  0  Y0 B0 M0 N0 H0 K0 Q0 L0 V0 W0 S0 T0
KVS,
Thanks yet again. You are very much so right. A question for you...is the ITN/CWT data just as accurate as the UA?

Thanks!
Quote: Thanks yet again. You are very much so right. A question for you...is the ITN/CWT data just as accurate as the UA?
Based on the experience of other users, as well as my own experience, Apollo:ITN/CWT has consistently proven to be one of the most reliable methods in the Tool.

In contrast, the Apollo:ITN/UA method became very problematic, when UA decided to start feeding it fake/inaccurate data: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...12#post4259612
Quote: Well, as always, I am doing my best to find solutions to any issues that I become aware of. However, it's virtually impossible to resolve an issue, if it can't be reproduced... When I run the Tool on my machine, I can access fares in any of the 3 currencies.
Hi, thanks for the software...
Out of curiosity, is this what you do for a living?
Quote: Hi, thanks for the software...
Out of curiosity, is this what you do for a living?
Not really... Also, the KVS Tool itself is a hobby, which started as a utility for personal use just under 2 years ago, in May 2004.

Never would I have thought that this thread will be viewed more than 100 000 times!
Quote: Not really... Also, the KVS Tool itself is a hobby, which started as a utility for personal use just under 2 years ago, in May 2004.

Never would I have thought that this thread will be viewed more than 100 000 times!
Wow! Thats is an amazing figure! Just out of curiousity how many users do you have?
<Old Info Deleted>
KVS thanks for your diligent and tireless responses to queries. :-: It's one of the best features of your app.
Hi,
I seem to be having the same problem as ericcantona. The USD fares do not appear. I am using 2.0.3/Gold. I cleared all the cookies and Temp Files for IE as well as Mozilla(my default browser).

I noticed that when i try for fares in CAD, the tool has 2 connections to travelocity.ca (noticed 2 htm documents in Temp Files), but when i do USD fares, there is only one document for travelocity.com, pointing to the main search page. I am assuming that there is some thing in the way the tool tries to access the travelocity fare engine in the US. Hope this tries to narrow down the problem.

I would also like to add my thanks to the long list of appreciations you have received for the tool. Great Job !!

-gaurav
Quote: I seem to be having the same problem as ericcantona.
I will forward you some troubleshooting instructions via PM, and, will hopefully be able to get to the bottom of this really weird problem ...
Quote: I will forward you some troubleshooting instructions via PM, and, will hopefully be able to get to the bottom of this really weird problem ...

Great thanks! Also - if I wanted to try on another pc do I need a new access code?

Thanks
3  43  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  63  103  153