KVS Availability Tool

Subscribe
"Application Expired - Download Updated Version" Message
Just a reminder for those users who are receiving an "Application Expired - Download Updated Version" error message to actually do so. Your Registration Code remains fully valid until the expiration date specified, and there is no need to request a new Registration Code.
JAL Availability on KVS
I want to book 2 x business class from BNE-NRT with an AAdvantage all-partner award.

My travel date of Jan 16, 2009 is not available to AA for another week, but QF does show that far ahead. When I look on QF website it only shows availability on flights with a stop in CNS, but on KVS the direct [JAL] fliights do show with QF flight numbers but with availablity as CS/ YS+

The flight does have a business cabin, so is it just not available to QF to book an award in? (Otherwise, I would expect to see CS-)

I had a look on JAL's website for the week before (as it, too, has the 330 day limitation) and it shows 2 business class on Jan 8 on the direct JL762, but nothing shows up on KVS or QF site - both of which reinforce my suspicion about access to JAL awards.
I'm checking FRA-LHR on a random date using Apollo ITN with time set as "any" or 00:00. If I don't specify a carrier then the only result I get is an AeroMexico codeshare flight on Air France via Paris. Slightly bizarre, isn't it?

If I specify BA as the carrier then I get those carrier's flights listed but they are listed after the same AM/AF flights through CDG.

If I specify LH as the carrier it seems to work as designed.

Any idea what's happening?
Quote: My travel date of Jan 16, 2009 is not available to AA for another week, but QF does show that far ahead. When I look on QF website it only shows availability on flights with a stop in CNS, but on KVS the direct [JAL] fliights do show with QF flight numbers but with availablity as CS/ YS+
JL award availability is not supported by that Method. The supported carriers are QF/BA/AA/AY/IB/MA/LA + EI. Furthermore, award reservations have to be made using the 'real' (and not codeshare) flight numbers. I am guessing that that JL-op'd flight did not get filtered-out in error as it has a low flight number.
Quote: JL award availability is not supported by that Method. The supported carriers are QF/BA/AA/AY/IB/MA/LA + EI. Furthermore, award reservations have to be made using the 'real' (and not codeshare) flight numbers. I am guessing that that JL-op'd flight did not get filtered-out in error as it has a low flight number.
Thanks for the clarification.
Quote: I'm checking FRA-LHR on a random date using Apollo ITN with time set as "any" or 00:00. If I don't specify a carrier then the only result I get is an AeroMexico codeshare flight on Air France via Paris. Slightly bizarre, isn't it?

If I specify BA as the carrier then I get those carrier's flights listed but they are listed after the same AM/AF flights through CDG.

If I specify LH as the carrier it seems to work as designed.

Any idea what's happening?
It's a known quirk in the [Apollo: ITN] engine, so the KVS Tool FAQ recommends always specifying a carrier when using that Method.

Alternatively, you can use [WSpan: ITN] or [Sabre: ITN].
I was looking (through my wife's nonSE Aeroplan account) at award availability for YOW-YYZ on May 16, and return on May 19 - in both economy and business class. The KVS tool suggests that there are several flights with award availability in one or both classes of seats on those 2 days; the Aeroplan search engine shows that there is literally zero availability (taking account both classic and classic plus availability!) on both days! Should I presume (as indicated in the other thread: link:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790903), that the KVS tool is right, and that the Aeropplan web site currently has a glitch?

To put it another way, if there is a discrepancy in award availability between the KVS took (ANA search engine) and the Aeroplan search engine, which method is more accurate (the true award availability could be confirmed by speaking to the Aeroplan customer services representative?).
Quote: I was looking (through my wife's nonSE Aeroplan account) at award availability for YOW-YYZ on May 16, and return on May 19 - in both economy and business class. The KVS tool suggests that there are several flights with award availability in one or both classes of seats on those 2 days; the Aeroplan search engine shows that there is literally zero availability (taking account both classic and classic plus availability!) on both days! Should I presume (as indicated in the other thread: link:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790903), that the KVS tool is right, and that the Aeropplan web site currently has a glitch?
In most cases, yes.
back to the future
I'm getting a message on the KVS tool telling me that my version 3.04 is out of date and needs to be updated to 3.03
Quote: I'm getting a message on the KVS tool telling me that my version 3.04 is out of date and needs to be updated to 3.03
There currently ongoing issues with the [Sabre: Fares/DotRes] engine and, for now, V3.0.4 has been withdrawn.
My sister-in-law is looking for an Aeroplan award to Hawaii in economy class this summer. She has close to 50K points - the Aeroplan web site does display some combined business class/economy class availability for 60K.

I used your tool, and could not find any economy class award (for 40K Aeroplan miles) on the dates she is interested. I wonder if you can confirm that there are no such available awards.

She is interested in departing YOW and arriving in either Honolulu or Kauai on either Sat Aug 2 or Sunday Aug 3. She is interested in departing either Honolulu or Kauai on either Friday Aug 8 or Saturday Aug 9 or Sunday August 10 (we have booked a timeshare in Kauai from Aug 3-10, and she wants to join us there; we will be staying at a hotel in Honolulu on Aug 2).
KVS doesn't display every possible cnx. You have to do some work.

1) Download the Star Alliance timetable - then search for every city that has n/s flights to where you are going. (ORD, DEN, SAN, SFO, LAX, PHX, YVR all have n/s flights to HNL)

2) Work backwards: once you find availability to where you are going, then find availability to that city.

For example:

[KVS Availability Tool 3.0.3/Platinum - SNT: Awards/StarAlliance/JP-ANA]

HNL Honolulu Int'l HI US [PHNL]
SAT 02 Aug 2008 / 1 Seat

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- -------------
UA 83 LAX 13:00 HNL 15:50 763 FS- CS- YS+
UA 43 DEN 11:45 HNL 15:12 777 FS- CS- YS+

Now, you just have to get to LAX or DEN... I'll leave that with you.

d
Quote: KVS doesn't display every possible cnx. You have to do some work.

1) Download the Star Alliance timetable - then search for every city that has n/s flights to where you are going. (ORD, DEN, SAN, SFO, LAX, PHX, YVR all have n/s flights to HNL)

2) Work backwards: once you find availability to where you are going, then find availability to that city.

For example:

[KVS Availability Tool 3.0.3/Platinum - SNT: Awards/StarAlliance/JP-ANA]

HNL Honolulu Int'l HI US [PHNL]
SAT 02 Aug 2008 / 1 Seat

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- -------------
UA 83 LAX 13:00 HNL 15:50 763 FS- CS- YS+
UA 43 DEN 11:45 HNL 15:12 777 FS- CS- YS+

Now, you just have to get to LAX or DEN... I'll leave that with you.

d
Thank you, for your advice - that helped. I booked UA 83 (on Aug 2) for her. I booked a Lihei, Kauai to Denver flight (UA 1040) on Aug 9. To LAX, she flew via Vancouver (and stopped there for 1 night). From Denver, she flew to YYZ and then to YOW.
Fare look up problems---
Even after going back to 3.0.3 both Sabre fare methods come back with errors - any tips? I'm plat so that's not it.
Quote: Even after going back to 3.0.3 both Sabre fare methods come back with errors - any tips? I'm plat so that's not it.
Both Fares Methods are fully operational at the moment -- pls see http://kvs.unrealnetwork.com/Tool/FAQ.php#Errors
21  71  111  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  131  171  221