Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 12, 08, 8:54 am   #1771
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Itinerant
Programs: DL FO, AA PLT, BD *G
Posts: 363
Holy ****! RTW fares with rules are popping up on Fares/ZUJ! Just put in the same from and to cities. At least, this works for me using BDA...

Playing around with cities I got some circle trip fares to pop up too.

Yay!
BDA shorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 08, 1:32 pm   #1772
KVS
Company Representative - KVS Tool and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 12,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA shorts View Post
Holy ****! RTW fares with rules are popping up on Fares/ZUJ! Just put in the same from and to cities. At least, this works for me using BDA...

Playing around with cities I got some circle trip fares to pop up too.

Yay!
Nice find!

[KVS Availability Tool 3.1.0/Platinum - Sabre: Fares/ZUJ/SG/USD]
Code:
YYZ  Toronto Pearson Int'l ON CA [CYYZ]
YYZ  Toronto Pearson Int'l ON CA [CYYZ]
RT   Apr-Mar

Carrier   From   To   Fare      Cur  Expiry    Min  Max  Fare Basis
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- ---------- 
CX        YTO    YTO     2388   USD            Sun   3M  SCIR3M
QF        YTO    YTO     2388   USD            Sun   3M  SCIR3M
AA        YTO    YTO     2388   USD            Sun   3M  SCIR3M
QF        YTO    YTO     2693   USD            Sun   6M  SCIR6M
AA        YTO    YTO     2693   USD            Sun   6M  SCIR6M
CX        YTO    YTO     2693   USD            Sun   6M  SCIR6M
QF        YTO    YTO     2896   USD            Sun  12M  SCIR12M
CX        YTO    YTO     2896   USD            Sun  12M  SCIR12M
AA        YTO    YTO     2896   USD            Sun  12M  SCIR12M
LY        YTO    YTO     3555   USD                  6M  HRWLYKE/RTW-KE/
LA        YTO    YTO     3556   USD             10  12M  LCIR22
QF        YTO    YTO     3556   USD             10  12M  LCIR22
BA        YTO    YTO     3556   USD             10       LCIR22
CX        YTO    YTO     3556   USD             10  12M  LCIR22
AA        YTO    YTO     3556   USD                 12M  LCIR22
AI        YTO    YTO     3570   USD                      YRW
PR        YTO    YTO     3647   USD                 120  YAP120/PR/RG RT
IB        YTO    YTO     3963   USD             10       LONE3
LA        YTO    YTO     3963   USD                      LONE3
QF        YTO    YTO     3963   USD                 12M  LONE3
RJ        YTO    YTO     3963   USD                      LONE3
MA        YTO    YTO     3963   USD                      LONE3
AY        YTO    YTO     3963   USD                 12M  LONE3
AA        YTO    YTO     3963   USD                 12M  LONE3
BA        YTO    YTO     3963   USD                      LONE3
CX        YTO    YTO     3963   USD                      LONE3
MA        YTO    YTO     4063   USD             10  12M  LGLOB26
LA        YTO    YTO     4063   USD             10  12M  LGLOB26
RJ        YTO    YTO     4063   USD             10  12M  LGLOB26
QF        YTO    YTO     4063   USD             10  12M  LGLOB26
AA        YTO    YTO     4063   USD                      LGLOB26
AY        YTO    YTO     4063   USD             10  12M  LGLOB26
BA        YTO    YTO     4063   USD             10  12M  LGLOB26
CX        YTO    YTO     4063   USD             10  12M  LGLOB26
IB        YTO    YTO     4063   USD                 12M  LGLOB26
KE        YTO    YTO     4106   USD             10  12M  YRTWSKY4
DL        YTO    YTO     4106   USD                 12M  QRTWSKY4
AZ        YTO    YTO     4106   USD             10  12M  VRWSKY4
OS        YTO    YTO     4132   USD             10  12M  YRWSPCL
OZ        YTO    YTO     4132   USD                      YRWSPCL
SA        YTO    YTO     4132   USD             10  12M  YRWSPCL
NW        YTO    YTO     4132   USD             10  12M  YRTWSKY4
OK        YTO    YTO     4132   USD             10  12M  QRTWSKY4
NZ        YTO    YTO     4132   USD                      YRWSPCL
NW        YTO    YTO     4132   USD             10  12M  YRWWJ25
TK        YTO    YTO     4132   USD                      YRWSPCL
US        YTO    YTO     4132   USD                      YRWSPCL
UA        YTO    YTO     4132   USD                      YRWSPCL
TP        YTO    YTO     4132   USD                 12M  YRWSPCL
TG        YTO    YTO     4132   USD                      YRWSPCL
SQ        YTO    YTO     4132   USD                      YRWSPCL
SK        YTO    YTO     4132   USD                      YRWSPCL
KQ        YTO    YTO     4132   USD             10  12M  YRWWJ25
CO        YTO    YTO     4132   USD             10  12M  YRWWJ25
CO        YTO    YTO     4132   USD             10  12M  YRTWSKY4
CA        YTO    YTO     4132   USD                      YRWSPCL
BD        YTO    YTO     4132   USD                      YRWSPCL
AC        YTO    YTO     4132   USD                      YRWSPCL
EK        YTO    YTO     4132   USD             10  12M  YRWWJ25
AF        YTO    YTO     4132   USD             10  12M  LRTWSKY4
NH        YTO    YTO     4132   USD                      YRWSPCL
MH        YTO    YTO     4132   USD             10  12M  YRWWJ25
LH        YTO    YTO     4132   USD             10  12M  YRWSPCL
LX        YTO    YTO     4132   USD                      YRWSPCL
KL        YTO    YTO     4132   USD             10  12M  YRTWSKY4
FM        YTO    YTO     4132   USD                      YRWSPCL
KL        YTO    YTO     4132   USD             10  12M  YRWWJ25
QF        YTO    YTO     4267   USD             10  12M  LCIR26
LA        YTO    YTO     4267   USD             10  12M  LCIR26
BA        YTO    YTO     4267   USD             10       LCIR26
CX        YTO    YTO     4267   USD             10  12M  LCIR26
AA        YTO    YTO     4267   USD                 12M  LCIR26
MA        YTO    YTO     4470   USD                      LONE4
LA        YTO    YTO     4470   USD                      LONE4
QF        YTO    YTO     4470   USD                 12M  LONE4
RJ        YTO    YTO     4470   USD                      LONE4
BA        YTO    YTO     4470   USD                      LONE4
AY        YTO    YTO     4470   USD                 12M  LONE4
AA        YTO    YTO     4470   USD                 12M  LONE4
CX        YTO    YTO     4470   USD                      LONE4
IB        YTO    YTO     4470   USD             10       LONE4
MA        YTO    YTO     4571   USD             10  12M  LGLOB29
IB        YTO    YTO     4571   USD                 12M  LGLOB29
RJ        YTO    YTO     4571   USD             10  12M  LGLOB29
QF        YTO    YTO     4571   USD             10  12M  LGLOB29
LA        YTO    YTO     4571   USD             10  12M  LGLOB29
AY        YTO    YTO     4571   USD             10  12M  LGLOB29
AA        YTO    YTO     4571   USD                      LGLOB29
BA        YTO    YTO     4571   USD             10  12M  LGLOB29
CX        YTO    YTO     4571   USD             10  12M  LGLOB29
AZ        YTO    YTO     4813   USD             10  12M  KRWSKY3
CA        YTO    YTO     4813   USD                      YRWSTAR1
BD        YTO    YTO     4813   USD                      YRWSTAR1
AC        YTO    YTO     4813   USD                      YRWSTAR1
AF        YTO    YTO     4813   USD             10  12M  VRTWSKY3
EK        YTO    YTO     4813   USD             10  12M  YRWWJ30
KVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 08, 1:01 pm   #1773
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SYD
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Posts: 168
Is there any way to search for multiple airports at one time (example: BOS to LAX, SNA and ONT)? I searched for an answer but couldn't find one.

Of course, its pretty easy to search individually and compile, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.
croberts134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 08, 2:36 pm   #1774
KVS
Company Representative - KVS Tool and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 12,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by croberts134 View Post
Is there any way to search for multiple airports at one time (example: BOS to LAX, SNA and ONT)? I searched for an answer but couldn't find one.

Of course, its pretty easy to search individually and compile, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.
No, as the existing reservation systems cannot handle these kinds of requests.
KVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 08, 12:01 pm   #1775
 
Join Date: May 2005
Programs: BA Gold, SK EBG
Posts: 82
Awards on Star Alliance - KVS says yes, reservation office says no

Trying to book an award seat SIN-DPS on SQ on June 1.

Here is the availability for normal seats:


[KVS Availability Tool 3.1.0/Platinum - Sabre: ITN/UK-ASB]

SIN Singapore Changi SG [WSSS]
DPS Denpasar Bali Ngurah Rai ID [WRRR]
SÍ 01 jun 2008

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C St Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- -----------------------------------------
SQ 946 SIN 16:40 DPS 19:10 772 0 Z4 C4 J4 D4 S0 Y0 B0 E0 M0 H0 Q0 W0 N0 V0
SQ 948 SIN 19:00 DPS 21:30 772 0 Z4 C4 J4 D4 S9 Y0 B0 E0 M0 H0 Q0 W0 N0 V0
SQ 942 SIN 09:35 DPS 12:05 772 0 Z0 C0 J0 D0 S0 Y0 B0 E0 M0 H0 Q0 W0 N0 V0

And here is the award seats

[KVS Availability Tool 3.1.0/Platinum - SNT: Awards/StarAlliance/JP-ANA]

SIN Singapore Changi SG [WSSS]
DPS Denpasar Bali Ngurah Rai ID [WRRR]
SÍ 01 jun 2008 / 1 Seat

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- -------------
SQ 942 SIN 09:35 DPS 12:05 772 FS/ CS- YS+
SQ 946 SIN 16:40 DPS 19:10 772 FS/ CS+ YS-
SQ 948 SIN 19:00 DPS 21:30 772 FS/ CS+ YS+


When I call SK resevations they say there is no award availability for any of the flights.

In fact they say there is no seat left even to purchase.

When I go to Singapore Airlines web site I also get no seats for sale.

Any ideas?

Thanks
khybner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 08, 12:10 pm   #1776
KVS
Company Representative - KVS Tool and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 12,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by khybner View Post
Trying to book an award seat SIN-DPS on SQ on June 1.

Here is the availability for normal seats:


[KVS Availability Tool 3.1.0/Platinum - Sabre: ITN/UK-ASB]

SIN Singapore Changi SG [WSSS]
DPS Denpasar Bali Ngurah Rai ID [WRRR]
SÍ 01 jun 2008

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C St Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- -----------------------------------------
SQ 946 SIN 16:40 DPS 19:10 772 0 Z4 C4 J4 D4 S0 Y0 B0 E0 M0 H0 Q0 W0 N0 V0
SQ 948 SIN 19:00 DPS 21:30 772 0 Z4 C4 J4 D4 S9 Y0 B0 E0 M0 H0 Q0 W0 N0 V0
SQ 942 SIN 09:35 DPS 12:05 772 0 Z0 C0 J0 D0 S0 Y0 B0 E0 M0 H0 Q0 W0 N0 V0

And here is the award seats

[KVS Availability Tool 3.1.0/Platinum - SNT: Awards/StarAlliance/JP-ANA]

SIN Singapore Changi SG [WSSS]
DPS Denpasar Bali Ngurah Rai ID [WRRR]
SÍ 01 jun 2008 / 1 Seat

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- -------------
SQ 942 SIN 09:35 DPS 12:05 772 FS/ CS- YS+
SQ 946 SIN 16:40 DPS 19:10 772 FS/ CS+ YS-
SQ 948 SIN 19:00 DPS 21:30 772 FS/ CS+ YS+


When I call SK resevations they say there is no award availability for any of the flights.

In fact they say there is no seat left even to purchase.

When I go to Singapore Airlines web site I also get no seats for sale.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Looks like SQ had [mis-]loaded incorrect award availability data for that flight into StarNet ...
KVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 08, 8:58 pm   #1777
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,640
problem getting DL seat maps -graphical

Seems once you select (for DL flights) a Apollo seat map in First when u go back and select economy Y it will only display the F seats. Used BOS to ATL
and select Y and it pulls up F graphical. Same thing with Appolo text. Armadeus text works OK.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 08, 9:15 pm   #1778
KVS
Company Representative - KVS Tool and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 12,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
Seems once you select (for DL flights) a Apollo seat map in First when u go back and select economy Y it will only display the F seats. Used BOS to ATL
and select Y and it pulls up F graphical. Same thing with Appolo text. Armadeus text works OK.
What's the flight number/date?

If the flight is zeroed-out in that cabin, you cannot use the Apollo seat map options. In those cases, Amadeus should be used instead.
KVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 08, 5:12 am   #1779
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5
Red face data source error

Hi,
currently I'm facing with a problem in using KVS tools.
When I use in a direct Internet connecting environment, it works fine. However,
when I use in a company LAN which requires proxy setting, KVS generates "data source error" for the initial try, and ">>>>>>> time out" for the second try.
I confirmed IE (IE7) setting was correct, and could reach to the multiple Internet site through this settings from IE7.
How shall I investigate the cause of this problem next?
(In the past, when I was using IE6, I could use KVS tools even in this company LAN environment).

Rgds,
naocchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 08, 12:36 pm   #1780
KVS
Company Representative - KVS Tool and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 12,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by naocchi View Post
currently I'm facing with a problem in using KVS tools.
When I use in a direct Internet connecting environment, it works fine. However,
when I use in a company LAN which requires proxy setting, KVS generates "data source error" for the initial try, and ">>>>>>> time out" for the second try.
I confirmed IE (IE7) setting was correct, and could reach to the multiple Internet site through this settings from IE7.
How shall I investigate the cause of this problem next?
(In the past, when I was using IE6, I could use KVS tools even in this company LAN environment).
What's the exact Data Source Error message? Have you followed all connection troubleshooting tips at http://FAQ.KVSTool.com? Does your corporate proxy server require a username/password?
KVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 08, 9:03 am   #1781
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5
>What's the exact Data Source Error message? Have you followed all >connection troubleshooting tips at http://FAQ.KVSTool.com? Does your >corporate proxy server require a username/password?

As I'm using Japanese version Windows XP, so I could not read the detailed message after "Data Source Error", just several meaningless Kanji characters are displayed.
As for the trouble shooting, I've checked Cookies, but I could not find "Proxy Authentication Options" under the purple button, I could only find "Internet Options" under the button. Where can I find the "Proxy Authentication Options"?
Rgds
naocchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 08, 10:43 am   #1782
KVS
Company Representative - KVS Tool and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 12,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by naocchi View Post
As I'm using Japanese version Windows XP, so I could not read the detailed message after "Data Source Error", just several meaningless Kanji characters are displayed.
As for the trouble shooting, I've checked Cookies, but I could not find "Proxy Authentication Options" under the purple button, I could only find "Internet Options" under the button. Where can I find the "Proxy Authentication Options"?
Rgds
[Proxy Authentication Options] is coming soon.

In the meantime, for proxy servers requiring authentication:
  • Edit the KVS_AvailabilityTool.ini file and add the following:
    [Settings]
    ProxyAuthorization=username:password
KVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 08, 9:06 pm   #1783
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Sacramento, CA
Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum 3.5 MM, BA Exec Club,Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Lifetime,*wood Gold, Sofitel Platin
Posts: 2,691
When you view a PNR using KVS Availabilty, what is it you see other than the itinerary (let's assume I have a reservation with AA)?
JIMCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 08, 10:45 am   #1784
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVS View Post
What's the flight number/date?

If the flight is zeroed-out in that cabin, you cannot use the Apollo seat map options. In those cases, Amadeus should be used instead.
Flights are NOT zeroed out.
For example use BOS-ATL for DL on May 6.
Pick flight 701 (the first one displayed)
Select Appolo Graphical Seats Coach. Only the F seats are displayed when I select Y, coach. Appolo text does the same thing.
Amadeus text is OK.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 08, 2:14 pm   #1785
KVS
Company Representative - KVS Tool and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 12,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
Flights are NOT zeroed out.
For example use BOS-ATL for DL on May 6.
Pick flight 701 (the first one displayed)
Select Appolo Graphical Seats Coach. Only the F seats are displayed when I select Y, coach. Appolo text does the same thing.
Amadeus text is OK.
It appears that when a Y-class seat map is requested, a DL YUP fare kicks-in and the ITN engine shows the F-class seat map.

This issue will be corrected in the next version of the KVS Tool.
KVS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:33 am.