Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Kayak removed flex-month search, weekend search and more! Let get this fixed.

Kayak removed flex-month search, weekend search and more! Let get this fixed.

Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Location: Farmington Hills, MI, USA, NWA MillionAir, Gold or Plat since '92
Programs: Delta Million Miler
Angry Kayak removed flex-month search, weekend search and more! Let get this fixed.

Urgently request your assistance in asking Kayak to return flex-month search, weekend search and the ability to select your own near-by cities (up to 200 miles). These functions made Kayak much more powerful and useful than the typical search engines. I can't understand why they would remove useful & powerful software tools. ITA lacks the filters that can easily be applied and seeing the results immediately; it's a distant second in these areas.

Please contact Kayak below and let them know how you feel. TIA. Bob

https://www.kayak.com/support
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by rcowen
Urgently request your assistance in asking Kayak to return flex-month search, weekend search and the ability to select your own near-by cities (up to 200 miles). These functions made Kayak much more powerful and useful than the typical search engines. I can't understand why they would remove useful & powerful software tools. ITA lacks the filters that can easily be applied and seeing the results immediately; it's a distant second in these areas.

Please contact Kayak below and let them know how you feel. TIA. Bob

https://www.kayak.com/support
Thanks for bringing this up. I used Kayak very frequently the last couple of months and these features are indeed nice to have and differentiated Kayak from other meta-searchers.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Make your feelings known on the Kayak Facebook page also:
https://www.facebook.com/kayak/?fref=nf

I've sent a note to both the WSJ and USAToday about this. I hope they pick up on it.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Much ado about nothing. Priceline owns Kayak, Momondo and Cheapflights changed the search engine to more closely align with Priceline goals. It's not as if Kayak was particularly trustworthy for the past couple of years. When they started promoting and pushing purchases from OTA that have negative reputations , the clock started to run on the unit's integrity quotient.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Now they offer the ability to use emogi to select and search for flights, hotels, etc.

I find it incredible that Kayak feels that emogi search is more important than flex-month or the other types of searches that they have offered!

They are no longer any better than the other run-of-the-mill search sites; plus they have "bulked-up" on the ads.

I'm very sorry to see this. I hope that we can "strongly encourage" them to bring back the abandoned functions.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

http://travelskills.com/2017/06/26/k...you-took-away/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.