Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Mile Consolidated view

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Airline Mile Consolidated view

Is there an online tool that will show you where your miles are? Something similar to Mint.com for personal finance but with airlines/hotels?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
AwardWallet tries to do this, but some providers ban it from accessing their systems, so AwardWallet has gotten cute with workarounds, like setting up your email to auto forward your email statements and then importing the balance data.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

I've heard many people in favor and against AwardWallet. It seems convenient, but I too am concerned with sharing my passwords with a faceless website.

What are the "pros" using to consolidate? They just track on Excel or something? There has to be a trustworthy tool that can be used.

I don't have many programs to consolidate, maybe 10, and even at this low number I find it difficult to keep track of things.

Are there any other systems that help with this that are somewhat safer?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I too distrust sites that aggregate credentials. Like AwardWallet, but also personal finance sites Mint. As much as they take security seriously, the very way they operate paints a big target on their back... and information security is seeming like a cat and mouse game these days. I just use Excel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.