Wiki Posts
Search

Mixed Classes of Travel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Mixed Classes of Travel

I'm trying to price a trip where the international legs are in business class and the domestic (in Brazil) legs are in coach. Business class on the domestic segments aren't possible as only coach class is offered.

Does anyone know of an OTA that allows bookings with mixed classes of service? Note that what I'm trying to book is a trip with multiple stops, so Expedia, Orbitz, Kayak, etc. fail, as it can't find business class seats on the domestic legs.

I REALLY don't want to talk to a human, be it the airline directly or a travel agency, more out of pride and the fact that I hate interacting with humans via voice.

- Pat
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
AMEX's small business travel tool (which you could sign up for with any OPEN card) use to allow this but they discontinued the service about six-months ago I want to say.

Only one I have seen that had this ability.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:50 am

I have done it in the past with cheapoair.com
Old Sep 7, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by tlott
I have done it in the past with cheapoair.com
May I ask how? I've just checked it and the normal search mask looks the same as any other OTA's multi-city mask, i.e. has only one "class" field at the bottom...
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:51 am

We allow it on our site, mixed Business/Economy - however at the moment we can't specify on a per leg basis, but in your example it ends up working out that way. In fact if you choose business we'll drop down to Economy if we can't find it with a warning that your cabin class wasn't available for that leg.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 5:44 am

Thanks a lot for that information. Will try that next time when the need comes up.
(Found the URL in your profile, thanks)
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: DL
Just FYI, Orbitz/CheapTickets allow per-flight booking class specification. I'm not sure how easy it is to search like that, but if you can find the flight on ITA, it's easy to book using some URL construction (see tool in sig).

An example I got to pull up (not sure if this is what you were going for, but I did force it to Y/J so its $$):
Orbitz Example
Old Apr 17, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold
An OTA that allows to price and/or purchase mixed classes itineraries

Is there any OTA or a tool that allows to price or even better purchase a mixed classes itinerary. For example J on the outbound and Y on the return, or long haul in J and short haul in Y on the same itinerary?

Or a real human travel agent is the only way to go about this?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: EBG, LH Silver, LATAM Platinum
Mixed class travel

Hi

I am going from GIG to CPH in February and trying to find a way to search for mixed class tickets. Fx i can't seem to find any reasonable way of booking Y outbound and C inbound. Or even Y+ outbound and C inbound. Even if I manage to find a price it's basically what a RV would cost in C.

Any advice from some of the FT gurus?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: DL Gold / Accor Gold
Business + Coach. Some tool?

Hi there,

Someone knows a tool where I give an itinerary with a leg using coach cabin and another one in business? I've tried some and no one give this info.

The idea is to take a short leg inside the continent with a lower fare and the longest leg in business.

Best.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:11 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
What you're suggesting generally doesn't work. What route are you looking at?

Fares are published from origin to destination, some will allow end-on-end ticketing but often discount tickets do not.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by pmichelazzo
Hi there,

Someone knows a tool where I give an itinerary with a leg using coach cabin and another one in business? I've tried some and no one give this info.

The idea is to take a short leg inside the continent with a lower fare and the longest leg in business.

Best.
You can of course easily search for such an itinerary on matrix.itasoftware.com
However, as nux has indicated, chances that you're finding a cheaper solution are small.

PS depending on the concrete situation, separate tickets for short- and long-haul might be a cheaper choice
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
I have the opposite problem

I'm sick of searching for Premium Economy fares and having to troll through results that include longhaul economy segments. Anyone know of a site that can search for "real" Premium Economy intineraries?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:50 pm

As I wrote one post above yours, in the matrix you can search for exact booking classes per slice
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:16 am
sam

Programs: Qantas Gold; BA Silver; Virgin Australia Platinum; Virgin Atlantic Gold
IATA MATRIX or Other Y & J Combined Search

Is there a way to use IATA matrix (or another tool) to help find cheap fares outward in Economy and Returning in Business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.