Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

AwardHacker: a tool we build to tell you how to travel with the least miles

AwardHacker: a tool we build to tell you how to travel with the least miles

Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by travelislife
Well there you go! I knew I was missing something! Thanks for that. Now I just wish it was easy to earn JAL miles, your site has opened my eyes to their great redemption rates for us Australians!
Haha that sounds wonderful! But be award of the fuel charge. We are working on the fuel charge information now. Before we add that to AwardHacker, you may need to check it yourself...
Old Jun 15, 2016, 7:58 pm

What a fantastic tool you have created. It is interesting to see the vast difference of miles needed from airline to airline.

JAL 65K RT LAX-PPT in Business. Now that is a deal.......
Old Jun 15, 2016, 10:30 pm

Very nice. How are you going to deal with dynamic award pricing? It seem all the airlines are heading to demand based award pricing.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:54 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
One-way awards on JL using JL miles are not eligible for the "Limited Days of the Week" promotion, FYI -- only round-trips are permitted. Otherwise a very useful tool.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion
Very nice. How are you going to deal with dynamic award pricing? It seem all the airlines are heading to demand based award pricing.
That's really a headache, even more complicated than availability... Currently we only show the lowest miles needed since we don't have that piece of information...
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by armagebedar
One-way awards on JL using JL miles are not eligible for the "Limited Days of the Week" promotion, FYI -- only round-trips are permitted. Otherwise a very useful tool.
Thanks for your correction! This has been fixed now!
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

v1.1:
  • 2016.6.16 updated.
  • We changed the way to select Frequent Flyer Programs. Now UR/MR/TYP/SPG points options are combined with Frequent Flyer Programs options, so their relationship has become OR. Now you can easily make this kind of selection: "show UR/MR/TYP partners and AA mile, but don’t show other SPG partners".
  • We added support to the following miles:
    • Air France (AF) Flying Blue (First class not included since it is only available to elite Flying Blue members)
    • Asiana Airlines (OZ) Asiana Club
    • Avianca (AV) LifeMiles (Partners only)

Last edited by physixfan; Jun 16, 2016 at 3:58 pm
Old Jul 14, 2016, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

v1.2:
  • 2016.07.14 updated.
    • We added support to the following frequent flyer programs:
    • Southwest Airlines (WN) Rapid Rewards (U.S. domestic only)
    • Virgin America (VX) Elevate (Partners only)
  • Note that Southwest Airlines (WN) uses price-based award chart. The number of miles we show here is a lower limit (sale offers are not included). If you want to redeem for a award ticket close to the date of departure, or you want an award ticket on peak seasons, then more miles are required because of the increase of the ticket price.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Tried experimenting with this website and can't figure out how to load my information. I filled in all the drop-down menus but there was no place to click "go" or "submit". What am I missing?
Old Sep 4, 2016, 11:04 am

Thank you for this tool! Extremely helpful and I will be using it extensively!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:45 pm

This is pretty cool. Been looking for something like this. Keep up the great work!

How do you plan to make money on this?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:44 am

Is awardtracker showing the incorrect ratio for SPG points?

It appears SPG points and Marriott are now fully the same value. That means 1:3 transferring to partner airlines, not 1:1 (without the bonus 25%) Can anybody confirm this?

From Amex:
Transfer Points
Redeem points for flights on over 300 airlines with Air+Car. Transfer points to over 40 airline frequent flyer programs, mostly at a ratio of three points to one mile. Receive a 15,000 point bonus when you transfer 60,000 points to a participating frequent flyer program.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is awardtracker showing the incorrect ratio for SPG points?

Originally Posted by matrim33
It appears SPG points and Marriott are now fully the same value. That means 1:3 transferring to partner airlines, not 1:1 (without the bonus 25%) Can anybody confirm this?

From Amex:
Transfer Points
Redeem points for flights on over 300 airlines with Air+Car. Transfer points to over 40 airline frequent flyer programs, mostly at a ratio of three points to one mile. Receive a 15,000 point bonus when you transfer 60,000 points to a participating frequent flyer program.
FT thread AwardHacker: a tool we build to tell you how to travel with the least miles

Have requested this thread be moved/merged
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by physixfan
v1.2:
  • 2016.07.14 updated.
    • We added support to the following frequent flyer programs:
    • Southwest Airlines (WN) Rapid Rewards (U.S. domestic only)
    • Virgin America (VX) Elevate (Partners only)
  • Note that Southwest Airlines (WN) uses price-based award chart. The number of miles we show here is a lower limit (sale offers are not included). If you want to redeem for a award ticket close to the date of departure, or you want an award ticket on peak seasons, then more miles are required because of the increase of the ticket price.

v1.1:
  • 2016.6.16 updated.
  • We changed the way to select Frequent Flyer Programs. Now UR/MR/TYP/SPG points options are combined with Frequent Flyer Programs options, so their relationship has become OR. Now you can easily make this kind of selection: "show UR/MR/TYP partners and AA mile, but dont show other SPG partners".
  • We added support to the following miles:
    • Air France (AF) Flying Blue (First class not included since it is only available to elite Flying Blue members)
    • Asiana Airlines (OZ) Asiana Club
    • Avianca (AV) LifeMiles (Partners only)

v1.0
  • 2016.05.24 officially launched!
  • We support the following frequent flyer programs:
    • Air Canada (AC) Aeroplan
    • Alaska Airlines (AS) Mileage Plan
    • All Nippon Airways (NH) ANA Mileage Club
    • American Airlines (AA) AAdvantange
    • British Airways (BA) Executive Club
    • Cathay Pacific (CX) Asia Miles
    • Delta Air Lines (DL) SkyMiles (Saver only, may contain inaccurate data)
    • EVA Air (BR) Infinity MileageLands
    • Japan Airlines (JL) Mileage Bank
    • Korean Air (KE) SkyPass
    • Lufthansa (LH) Miles & More
    • Malaysia Airlines (MH) Enrich
    • Qantas (QF) Frequent Flyer
    • Singapore Airlines (SQ) KrisFlyer
    • United Airlines (UA) MileagePlus

------

As the saying goes, it is easy to earn points but very difficult to burn points. I believe many friends here have already accumulated millions of points and miles. However, it is really not straight forward to burn all these points with decent value. Although there are a lot of airline miles guides in travel blogs, unless you learned all these knowledge of miles in heart, the following key problems still remain to be solved: I want to fly from A to B, which airline mile costs me the least amount of miles? Whats the best redemption if I only have one specific kind of bank points?

Now here comes the solution, AwardHacker!

AwardHacker, a free product from our team "US Credit Card Guide", is made to help everyone find the best award flights without being an expert in every airline program. It is built with the goal that searching and redeeming for award flights should be as easy as booking airline tickets.

Features
  • Cover most valuable frequent flyer programs
  • Support distance based award charts
  • Route information
  • Show miles need for each route
  • Filter routes based on allowed operate airlines and cabins
  • Availability search information and recommendation
  • Transfer ratio of rewards programs
  • Redeem information
  • Calculate the value of airline miles

Coming Soon
  • Fuel charge and tax information
  • Routing rules
  • More frequent flyer programs support, including fixed value programs

If you find something unsatisfying, dont hesitate to click the feedback button we are always trying to make it better!
Any plans for future updates? I'm assuming development is now dead...
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:31 pm

Question on Awardhacker

I was considering a trip to London from NYC via 1st class. I've attached it below, but I am confused on how I'd be able to place the trip for only 100k points. It says thru SPG, but SPG no longer is around. My options would be American Express MR points, Chase UR points, Marriott points, or Hilton points. Some how, I need to get 100k in points from one of these programs over to Korean Air or Asiana Airlines in order to book with Delta or United. I'd prefer United as I have a United Club.

Can someone please tell me how to do this step-by-step? I've never done all these transfers before as the last time I traved it was through SPGFlights and was quite easy.

Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.