Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking medicine across time zones

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Tracking medicine across time zones

Note: This is posted in technology as I figure "there is an app for that".

I am curious how people are tracking their daily medications when crossing time zones. The old school pill holder is labeled by day, which could become confusing.

Example: Meds taken one in the "morning" and one the "evening".

Note: it goes without saying that any suggestions would have to be taken as "suggestions" and not "medical advice". In my case, I can vary the times, and even miss one, without any ill affects.

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited by Osm3um; Apr 22, 2016 at 11:28 pm
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Osm3um
I am curious how people are tracking their daily medications when crossing some zones

Example: I take seizure medicine one in the morning, one in the evening. This would become confusing when crossing international time zones.

Note: it goes without saying that any suggestions would have to be taken as "suggestions" and not "medical advice".

Thanks,
Bob
Seizure meds like dilantin can have a particularly small therapeutic window, i.e., the range where they are effective but not toxic. You really need the advice of your neurologist on this, such as whether to advance the dose time an hour a day, etc.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Agree 100%. I have modified my original post to make it less specific.

Thanks,
Bob

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Seizure meds like dilantin can have a particularly small therapeutic window, i.e., the range where they are effective but not toxic. You really need the advice of your neurologist on this, such as whether to advance the dose time an hour a day, etc.

Last edited by Osm3um; Apr 22, 2016 at 11:40 pm
Old Apr 23, 2016, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll move this to Travel Tools, since the OP is looking for an app - but definitely check with your doctor before doing anything.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:55 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Osm3um
...I figure "there is an app for that".

I am curious how people are tracking their daily medications when crossing time zones. The old school pill holder is labeled by day, which could become confusing.
There are several such apps in both iTunes and Play Google. Examples are Medisafe, CareZone, RxmindMe and Dosecast.

You may also find the following New York Times article of use:
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:52 am

I'm using HindSight to make sure i don't over-take my thyroid meds

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hindsi...er/id920899942

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.