Wiki Posts
Search

Non-stop Flight Finder?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, SPG PLAT, UA, AA Gold
Non-stop Flight Finder?

I am wondering if anybody has struggled with this same problem and has found any solution.

Or put another way...It would seem to me that a very useful service/tool would allow people to search for City Pairs that offer Non-Stop Service between them. You would simply enter ONE city (say YYZ) and immediately see a list of all of the cities you can fly TO, Non-Stop, from there by airline/flight #, etc. The purpose would be to find not only the best, most direct route between two cities (probably not that necessary), but to also find ALL of the reasonable option between two cities. It would be particularly useful while putting together award flights between two cities.

If my explanation is a little confusing an example is below:

For instance, while trying to route flights from YYZ to MNL I used ITA and searched for Non-Stop flights ONLY from YYZ to ??? and went through all of the major connecting hubs that I could think of (i.e. YVR, SFO, LAX, JFK/LGA, ATL, ORD, NRT, HND, HKG, BKK, ICN, SIN, LHR, CDG, ZRH, FRA, DXB, etc, in order to make a list by airline of who flies where non stop.

I then did the same MNL to all of the potential HUBS I could think of. I then could easily find the most direct route (one stop only, hopefully, or certainly the most direct given that MNL is on an island in the middle of the ocean) between YYZ and MNL, on partner airlines, by comparing the two lists.

Now... could I have just searched ITA for YYZ to MNL and gotten a lot of information, Yes. But to really separate the legs and drill down I had to go through the entire Non-Stop Only search.

I have searched this forum, this site, the internet and have yet to find anything other than a site that leads to C.R.A.P.. A site that seems to do this for UK Origin Flights, and the GSA City Pairs Program which is not applicable.

Has anyone found this resource in one convenient place? Does anyone even understand what I am talking about?

Hope this question is met with a useful discussion of resources that could offer some solutions.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 1:58 pm

I use AirLine Mapper.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks..That looks like a good start.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:18 am
Original Poster

I seem to have found a good solution too at www.openflights.org. Doesn't necessarily have all airports but enough to do most of the leg work in one or two steps.

Probably more than likely talking to myself here, but...
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
In google, if you search "flights from XXX" then click on "Show all non-stop routes from XXX" you get a list of all nonstop destinations served from XXX, the flight time, and operating airlines. Probably not as much info as you're looking for but I've found it helpful just to get an idea of who flies where from an unfamiliar airport.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
As with the Google option above, and certainally has room for error, but I have often just used the airports Wikipedia page for destinations served nonstop.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:51 am

I experienced Hawaiian Airlines (Hawaiian First class) non stop flight from Phoenix to Honolulu city and found it No.1 in overall quality.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by via amtrak
In google, if you search "flights from XXX" then click on "Show all non-stop routes from XXX" you get a list of all nonstop destinations served from XXX, the flight time, and operating airlines. Probably not as much info as you're looking for but I've found it helpful just to get an idea of who flies where from an unfamiliar airport.
Google does have glitches, and doesn't seem to handle certain codeshares/marketing agreements well. For example, for a long time I assumed Swiss flew to MLE thanks to the Google search tool, when it turned out to be Edelweiss metal.

AirlineRouteMapper is very good/efficient, but the data doesn't update real-time.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:54 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Google does have glitches, and doesn't seem to handle certain codeshares/marketing agreements well. For example, for a long time I assumed Swiss flew to MLE thanks to the Google search tool, when it turned out to be Edelweiss metal.

AirlineRouteMapper is very good/efficient, but the data doesn't update real-time.
Being a KVS Tool member, all you have to do is click the [Timetable] Tab and select the recently-introduced [Departures/Arrivals] Method :

[KVS Availability Tool 6.9.9.R2/Diamond - FS: Departures/Arrivals]
Code:
MLE  Male Ibrahim Nasir Intl MV [VRMM]
SAT  21 Apr 2012 | Departures

Carrier    Flight  From  Schedule  To    Revised   A/C      Flt Status | Term | Gate
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  --------------------------
UL         108     MLE   02:45     CMB             320      Landed
MJ/**      1108    MLE   02:45     CMB             320      Landed
Q2         100     MLE   07:00     GAN             DH3      Unknown
Q2         500     MLE   07:10     KDM             DH2      Unknown
Q2         400     MLE   07:55     HAQ             DH3      Unknown
Q2         700     MLE   08:35     TRV             DH3      Unknown
UL         102     MLE   08:55     CMB             332      Landed
MJ/**      1102    MLE   08:55     CMB             332      Landed
QR         381     MLE   09:10     DOH   09:23     321      Landed
WK         68      MLE   09:20     ZRH             333      Unknown
LX/**      8068    MLE   09:20     ZRH             333      Unknown
EK         659     MLE   10:00     DXB   09:53     773      Landed
Q2         502     MLE   10:20     KDM             DH2      Unknown
Q2         402     MLE   10:30     HAQ             DH3      Unknown
Q2         300     MLE   10:40     KDO             DH2      Unknown
Q2         102     MLE   10:50     GAN             DH3      Unknown
BA         2042    MLE   11:45     LGW   11:41     777      Landed
UL         542     MLE   11:50     CMB             343      Unknown
UN         510     MLE   11:55     DME   12:08     744      Landed

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 14, 2019 at 4:02 pm Reason: Remove commercial link
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
You can download the SkyTeam PC Timetable. You can find a specific route, schedule and etc.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 4:37 pm

direct flights from a specific airport?

Hi all - so sorry if I am posting to the wrong forum, but I really need to find out when, where and who flies direct to Europe from Sint Maarten (SXM). I am traveling to India, and the trip is brutal unless I can get straight to London, Paris or Zurich (I don't mind a long layover, I do mind more than 3 planes to get where I am going). somehow Kayak only pulls up multiple stops. I tried a few airlines websites, but came up with nothing (I think it might be because I am searching for a 1 way ticket)

I was wondering if there is a tool where you type in the starting airport and see the daily schedule of outgoing flights?

thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:11 pm

Welcome to flyertalk!

There are a couple of tools that you can use - google, for one, if you enter your query in a certain way. Check out http://lmgtfy.com/?q=flights+to+SXM .

If you want a more interactive tool, look no further than the Airline Route Mapper! Unfortunately, it is windows only.

If you need a web-based solution, check out http://openflights.org/ . I hope that helps!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:39 pm

There are a million web sites for this. I often look at flightstats.com to see the arrivals or departures for today, yesterday, and tomorrow. This finds all the low-cost airlines that don't publish their fares. But it doesn't work well when looking at a route that's not daily or for planning a trip in a different season.

Otherwise you would have to look at the airline's timetables which I don't think are aggregated by airport anywhere.

But on matrix.itasoftware.com you can do the same search you're doing on kayak but force it to return only direct flights. I searched for SXM to LHR,CDG,ZRH with a routing code of "F" which means one direct flight. The only result was AF3515. You would have to double check that this is a non-stop but it's definitely direct.

Alternatively if you search for SXM to BOM,DEL with a routing code of "F F" (precisely two flights, though they might actually have stops but one flight number) then it gives two options. SXM-CDG-BOM/DEL on AF or SXM-EWR-BOM/DEL on UA. The UA option is a grueling 15 hour flight though.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 5:28 am

I would just use Google. "flights from XYZ" which should yield a list of destinations and airlines. Then Googling "flights from XYZ to ABC" should give you schedules including dates and times.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 12:31 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

Originally Posted by Ingipg
Hi all - so sorry if I am posting to the wrong forum, but I really need to find out when, where and who flies direct to Europe from Sint Maarten (SXM). I am traveling to India
Where to in India are you travelling and around what dates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.