Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread]

Old Aug 11, 2012, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus

Google gives one dollar amount for flight, but when you go to actually make the reservation, the dollar amount is not the same, and at times, not even close. Is this normal?

Found a $90 one way, but when I went to purchase it, USAir site said it was now $130 something.

Last edited by notallwhowander; Aug 11, 2012 at 8:21 am Reason: corrected amount
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: Asia Miles
Google Flights vs Actual Airline?

maybe its not including taxes.... IMO
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus
It happened a few times, but apparently nothing more since. Maybe I was on my laptop too long.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The data is probably cached, so not exactly the live GDS result.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:27 pm

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.

Hi! I'm sure many of you have used google flights before. I have a couple of question on it. You can leave the destination field blank and see the cost to fly to anywhere in the world on the map based on my criteria (dates of travel, number of stops, etc).

Is there any way (either with google or another site) to have that same ability (see prices throughout the world based on your home airport) but have it also be for flexible dates? So for example if I want to take a vacation next spring for 5-6 days but I'm not sure where and can travel any time between 4/1/13 and 6/1/13 is there a way to see a map of all the places I could go based on the cheapest flight with a max of 1 stop?

Thanks!!!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:55 am

Yes you can!

Just go to http://www.google.com/flights/ and it will provide exactly what you are describing. Good luck!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:59 pm

I actually had not seen google flights before. Thanks for the post, this could be handy.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 4:18 am
Suspended

i have never seen before too .
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
tried it when I came across it yesterday - really useful
Old Sep 19, 2012, 3:18 pm

Thanks. I just used it for the first time
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:19 pm

Google.com/flights as a flyertalk/farecomare substitute

So I recently tried the www.google.com/flights tool and really like how i could leave the destination blank, pick dates, and even the alliance - which i really like for doing cheap weekend vacations.

But the tool reminded me a lot of the old farecompare.com flyertalk feature for mileage runs, where you could get a table of the cheapest flights ($/Mi) from your selected airport (and airline).

I imagine given what they already have, to implement this would be pretty simple (I know nothing about web development, but the info is there).

So I submitted a suggestion to google to implement this feature - maybe if others do too, we might get that fun little mileage run tool back?

Apologies if I've put this in the wrong forum/this has been covered before...
Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
This could be a pretty helpful tool if it's reliable. I've had a lot of trouble with new/test Google products in a critical corporate/production environment, but for I certainly welcome another tool in the toolbox! I wonder if Google will integrate ITA with this tool....
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: AC & HH
Originally Posted by sunshine-state
This could be a pretty helpful tool if it's reliable. I've had a lot of trouble with new/test Google products in a critical corporate/production environment, but for I certainly welcome another tool in the toolbox! I wonder if Google will integrate ITA with this tool....
100% agree! Another tool for the toolbox. While I definitely don't think it's as well deployed as ITA is it without a doubt has some great potential.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:44 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
Originally Posted by rbcgerard
So I recently tried the www.google.com/flights tool and really like how i could leave the destination blank, pick dates, and even the alliance - which i really like for doing cheap weekend vacations.
Late to this thread, but I don't see how to leave the destination blank in Google flights... it won't give me results until I put a destination in?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:25 pm

Programs: AC E, Priority Club Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by autumnmist
Late to this thread, but I don't see how to leave the destination blank in Google flights... it won't give me results until I put a destination in?
Welcome to FT.

I think that's what the OP has suggested to Google.

Thanks for sharing, OP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.