FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   First mileage calculator in the World (coming soon) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1713983-first-mileage-calculator-world-coming-soon.html)

dynamile Oct 2, 2015 2:50 am

First mileage calculator in the World (coming soon)

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all doing well! Thought I'd reach out and share about the product we'll be releasing really soon at 30K.com - the first mileage earning calculator in the World!

How does it work? Well, it's really easy. You just need to type in your flight number and booking code, select your program and we'll tell you how many miles you can earn. Ahh, did I forget to mention it's free and packed with features? ;)

MILES FOR ANY FLIGHT: We calculate award and status miles for any flight, including partner flights and codeshares.

TRACK YOUR MEMBERSHIPS: You can connect all your frequent flyer memberships in one place and let us track the changes for you.

REACH REWARDS FASTER: You can compare between flights to know which ones get you closer to your next elite status or loyalty reward.

Visit us now at www.30k.com for early access! If you'd like to know more, please drop us an email at [email protected], we always reply :)

We look forward to start helping the millions of frequent flyers out there,

The 30K Team
Follow us at: https://twitter.com/30kdotcom

Mikity Oct 2, 2015 5:12 am

OK so.... all you have so far is a pretty placeholder page. When do you expect to be up and running?

Also, why are you collecting people's emails for "early access"?

dynamile Oct 5, 2015 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Mikity (Post 25507548)
OK so.... all you have so far is a pretty placeholder page. When do you expect to be up and running?

Also, why are you collecting people's emails for "early access"?

Hi Mikity,

Great being in touch and thanks for your questions.

We're just fine tuning some final design issues and plan to be up and running by late this month. We see granting early access to a smaller group of people as a small token of appreciation for their interest at this 'stealth' stage while allowing us to test the initial version under a controlled environment to quickly identify any bugs or issues that might need fixing before we roll it out to the whole community. Please let me know in case you'd be interested in have early access to it, we'd be happy to provide.

Wish you a great week ahead,

The 30K Team

CPRich Oct 7, 2015 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by dynamile (Post 25507248)
Thought I'd reach out and share about the product we'll be releasing really soon at 30K.com - the first mileage earning calculator in the World!

WebFlyer Mileage Calculator
Milecalc.com
airmilescalculator.com
USAToday Mileage Calculator

I didn't bother going to Google's 2nd page.

It also seems you announced this over 2 years ago - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wtWkcW6roQ

(btw - You should at least take the unbounce sales pitch off your home page. I screams mom&pop/home business like an AOL email address)

dynamile Oct 8, 2015 8:16 am

Originally Posted by CPRich (Post 25533278)
WebFlyer Mileage Calculator
Milecalc.com
airmilescalculator.com
USAToday Mileage Calculator

I didn't bother going to Google's 2nd page.

It also seems you announced this over 2 years ago - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wtWkcW6roQ

(btw - You should at least take the unbounce sales pitch off your home page. I screams mom&pop/home business like an AOL email address)

Hi CPRich,

Thanks for your message. Perhaps my original message and/or our landing page was not clear but we're not a distance calculator as the websites you mention. We're a miles earning calculator, meaning that we'll tell you how many frequent flyer miles you'll earn on a specific flight, not how many air miles there are between airport A and airport B. And as mentioned, there's no such product in the market.

As for the announcement 2 years ago you refer to, what we're trying to build at the time was a flight search website similar to Expedia for example, where mileage earnings would be included by default - similar to what our customer tripstreak.com is currently doing. At the time we felt there was more value in focusing on the B2B market (licensing our miles calculation technology to existing travel companies) so as a small team we decided to go that way instead. After a couple years doing it we felt this was the right time to relaunch our consumer offering with the calculator we're about to launch.

Hope it's clear now. Please let us know in case you have any additional comments/questions.

Best,

The 30K team

IceTrojan Oct 19, 2015 11:32 pm

The old Flying Fish program did this, albeit on a rudimentary level. In fact, if anyone knows how I can get the install files to put it into my new laptop, I would be grateful.

So OP, make the pitch for me. Why do I need a new app to tell me how many miles I will earn on a flight, when I can just take the distance between airports and multiply by 2?

dynamile Oct 21, 2015 7:04 am

Hi IceTrojan,

Hope you're doing well and thanks for your comment. Unfortunately calculating frequent flyer miles is more complicated than that and requires a lot more information to be taken into account. Without going too much into the technicalities of it, and besides distance, mileage earnings are impacted by certain factors such as the cabin you fly, your status with the program or the airline marketing/operating the flight.

Let's say you are a silver member with British Airways Executive Club and you're flying with BA from New York (JFK) to London (LHR) and back. The total distance flown would be 6902 miles (according to milecalc.com). Assuming this would equal the amount of frequent flyer miles you'd be earning from these flights would be completely wrong as you wouldn't be taking into account the multiplicity of factors that would need to be considered. As an example:

1) You buy a discount economy fare (code O) -> you get 5174 Avios (redeemable miles)
2) You buy a full fare economy fare (code Y) -> you get 10352 Avios
3) You buy a business fare (code J) -> you get 20704 Avios

As you can see, none of the earnings corresponds to the distance flown and these actually vary depending on the fare you buy.

Hope it is clear. Please feel free to get in touch in case you'd need additional information.

Best,

The 30K team

dynamile Apr 13, 2016 3:17 am

Hi everyone,

Happy to announce the official release for our miles plugin. Visit us at b2c.30k.com to install it. After that you can run a flight search on your favorite website to see how many miles you'll earn on any flight!

Hope you like it. As always, feel free to reach out to us for comments/suggestions on [email protected]

Best,
The 30K Team

skyrider117 Apr 26, 2016 9:11 am

Ok 30K team.. are you sticking with JUST the chrome plugin ( which does me no good) or are you working on other platforms?

dynamile May 25, 2016 1:49 am

Originally Posted by skyrider117 (Post 26537302)
Ok 30K team.. are you sticking with JUST the chrome plugin ( which does me no good) or are you working on other platforms?

Hey Skyrider117,

Thanks for the message. Chrome was the priority to start off with as it's the biggest one globally but we'll definitely be adding more soon. Which one do you use most often?

Thanks,
The 30K team

skyrider117 May 27, 2016 11:22 am

I am hoping for a mobile app.. 'droid iOS.....
Maybe a desktop executable....
Not attached to a browser..
Please do not make it that you need a facebook/Google+/twitter acct to log in...
Some adults in this world do not use those and have no intention of ever using them.

dynamile Jul 26, 2016 3:04 am

Hi again skyrider117,

Unfortunately there are still technical limitations when it comes to something like this working on mobile devices but we're definitely looking forward to the day when we'll be able to offer this tool for mobile as well.

Just FYI - we've also added the possibility of signing up/in using your email address so you don't need to do it using FB/G+/TW.