Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2012, 1:14 am

Programs: AA PLT, Honors Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by autumnmist
Late to this thread, but I don't see how to leave the destination blank in Google flights... it won't give me results until I put a destination in?
After entering your origin airport, while leaving the destination blank, click the "map" button in the bottom right hand corner, just to the left of the bar graph ("lowest fares") button. You should then get a map showing fares across all cities.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:19 am

This is certainly an interesting tool I've been playing with too. I've been able to confirm that it brings ITA's errors through to it, which is a bit frustrating. One feature I wish it would have is to allow a display of all one-way flights available which you can marry into a round-trip. I do like the ability to narrow the map to specific date ranges though. That's a huge benefit.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, DL Platinum Medallion, AF Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Google Flights Explorer [single origin calendar search]

https://www.google.com/flights/explorer/

"Flight Explorer is a an experimental feature of Flight search that allow users to explore flight destinations. The feature enables users to consider multiple destinations and multiple days at once, all using live prices, quickly."

You're welcome!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:03 pm

Very cool tool!

Looks like Google's acquisition of ITA is beginning to bear fruits.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 2:44 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
I like it too. It has many elements that are newer and more intuitive.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Google Flights got me a flight, help booking it

I am trying to book a flight. I found my preferred routing using Google Flights. When I try to go and book it using the link on Google Flights, I get the option of book with a travel agent or call SAS. Would anybody have any suggestions of how to book this online?

Here is the link for my routing.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...ORD0SK943;eo=e

Thanks!

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 12, 2016 at 10:14 am Reason: Restore question
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Are you trying to credit to UA for status? If so you will need a UA ticket number starting with 016 to get PQDs. If you aren't interested in that could you just call SAS?

I also tried plugging your flights as a multi-trip itinerary into united.com, but it priced out at over $3000. I did the same on Orbitz and found a very similar itinerary but with UA instead of AA as the first flight and slightly different times on the flights. This priced at $879.63. You can also try Hipmunk and see if that will send you to a booking engine.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Are you trying to credit to UA for status? If so you will need a UA ticket number starting with 016 to get PQDs. If you aren't interested in that could you just call SAS?

I also tried plugging your flights as a multi-trip itinerary into united.com, but it priced out at over $3000. I did the same on Orbitz and found a very similar itinerary but with UA instead of AA as the first flight and slightly different times on the flights. This priced at $879.63. You can also try Hipmunk and see if that will send you to a booking engine.
I ended up biting the bullet and booking it through the phone. They had a good fare sale that ended yesterday. I would like to use this for PQD, but I ended up just doing the complete SAS booking. I fly last minute a lot with work so the PQD will not be as big as a problem to get as the PQM for me which I get credit for here.

Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:14 am

Google Flights Change?

I was on Google Flights today and noticed the tool with the bars for searching prices all year is gone. Does someone know if they removed it what?

I can't get ITA to work on my computer for some reason so google was next best option.

Can someone else take a quick peek and let me know if I'm nuts?

Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Moving this to Travel Tools...
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum
I do not see the bars for searching prices all year. But what a great tool! I had no idea it existed!
Old Feb 18, 2014, 1:11 am

Programs: F
I still see it below the calendars when picking travel dates.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum
Also, I am now pissed because it finds flights so cheap that I am questioning my loyalty to a certain airline.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold
cool feature
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:27 pm

I'm bummed, there used to be a cool bar graph feature that made shopping an entire year extremely easy. Did anyone ever see it before?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.