Wiki Posts
Search

Fly3z.com - Introducing a new Award Search Engine

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:28 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Fly3z Team
We are the only company who offers a free trial.
That is quite simply not true.

ExpertFlyer offers full access to its "Pro" product for a five day free trial period.

Award Nexus offers FlyerTalkers a free "community" membership with an initial balance of 200 points.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:01 am
Company Representative
Original Poster

Airport Lounge Guide

Great news everyone! We have added "Airport Lounge Guide". Please enjoy!

Fly3z Team- Search Fast & Easy
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems like a nice tool, but the free trial is pretty weak since I cannot experience its full functionality.

I've got access to UA, AS and DL...all of which I can do by going to their individual sites.

The real value in your tool, if it works this way, is to truly see multiple alliance availability in one matrix. That's something both EF and KVS have tried, but your user design should create a much better experience.

For three days, give people full access and get them hooked. You're basically putting a brand new car in a showroom but keeping the doors locked.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 8:01 pm
Company Representative
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UNITED959
Seems like a nice tool, but the free trial is pretty weak since I cannot experience its full functionality.

I've got access to UA, AS and DL...all of which I can do by going to their individual sites.

The real value in your tool, if it works this way, is to truly see multiple alliance availability in one matrix. That's something both EF and KVS have tried, but your user design should create a much better experience.

For three days, give people full access and get them hooked. You're basically putting a brand new car in a showroom but keeping the doors locked.
Thank you for your review, thats what we originally did and wanted to continue on doing. When we first started, we offered a full access free 3 day trial with a simple email registration no credit card required. Unfortunately we had many many customers who would abuse that privilege. We were forced to limit the trial, to what we have now. This still allows customers to have an idea of how our site works and what we offer.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for your review, thats what we originally did and wanted to continue on doing. When we first started, we offered a full access free 3 day trial with a simple email registration no credit card required. Unfortunately we had many many customers who would abuse that privilege. We were forced to limit the trial, to what we have now. This still allows customers to have an idea of how our site works and what we offer.
For your sake, hopefully I'm just the black sheep, but speaking from my experience, I lost interest in learning about your site/wanting to pay for access after 2 minutes, maybe less.

Again, hope I'm just the oddball!
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:30 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
A customer using a free trial is not "abusing" a "privilege". Accusing your potential customers of doing so is really not good PR.

Great news everyone! We have added "Airport Lounge Guide"
Why is this "great news"? I looked up a couple of the airports I'm most familiar with and found lounge descriptions that are either sadly lacking (e.g. do not say where a particular lounge is located by reference to nearby gates) or plain wrong (e.g. about what's available to eat or whether the lounge has toilets).

There are several other places I can go to to find accurate information about airport lounges. Your current "lounge guide" is a long, long way from being ready to replace those -- so why go live with it??

Your search user interface appears well designed, although I can't be sure as I'm not interested in jumping through hoops to test it. Everything else appears designed to put people off. At this stage of your business you need friends and fans: people who will try your product and, if it does what it says on the box, rave about it. FlyerTalk is potentially a great place to find them. Others have shown how it can be done. This thread and product 'launch', so far, is an example of how not to do it.

To be clear: I am not now interested in being a beta tester or receiving a trial membership. But several contributors to this thread probably would have been, if that had been the way you'd kicked this off at the beginning of September. They'd have given you feedback on functionality, usability and pricing. The good news for you, Fly3z Team, is that most FlyerTalkers still haven't heard of your product. They're still out there to be won over.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 7:40 pm
Company Representative
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IMH
A customer using a free trial is not "abusing" a "privilege". Accusing your potential customers of doing so is really not good PR.

Why is this "great news"? I looked up a couple of the airports I'm most familiar with and found lounge descriptions that are either sadly lacking (e.g. do not say where a particular lounge is located by reference to nearby gates) or plain wrong (e.g. about what's available to eat or whether the lounge has toilets).

There are several other places I can go to to find accurate information about airport lounges. Your current "lounge guide" is a long, long way from being ready to replace those -- so why go live with it??

Your search user interface appears well designed, although I can't be sure as I'm not interested in jumping through hoops to test it. Everything else appears designed to put people off. At this stage of your business you need friends and fans: people who will try your product and, if it does what it says on the box, rave about it. FlyerTalk is potentially a great place to find them. Others have shown how it can be done. This thread and product 'launch', so far, is an example of how not to do it.

To be clear: I am not now interested in being a beta tester or receiving a trial membership. But several contributors to this thread probably would have been, if that had been the way you'd kicked this off at the beginning of September. They'd have given you feedback on functionality, usability and pricing. The good news for you, Fly3z Team, is that most FlyerTalkers still haven't heard of your product. They're still out there to be won over.
Thank you for your opinion

Fly3z Team-Search Fast & Easy
Old Nov 4, 2015, 7:44 pm
Company Representative
Original Poster

Hey guys!

Great news again! We have received many requests in regards to the timetable, and we are happy to announce that it is now available on our site. Please enjoy!

Fly3z Team- Search Fast & Easy
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
This looks neat, I look forward to playing around with it ^
Old Nov 15, 2015, 11:48 pm
Company Representative
Original Poster

Smile 1 Week Free

Happy Holidays Everyone!

If you refer a friend you get 1 Week FREE. You can earn up to a whole year free!

You must have a paid subscription to receive 1 week free (of the same service that you subscribed too). Referral credits will be automatically applied in your next billing cycle. Credits appear when your referrals (as new subscribers) successfully complete the registration process using your referral link and pay for their first month of service.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
FYI as a datapoint, I'm won't be signing up for the free trial since it doesn't include full usage. IMO it strikes me as extremely short-sighted to have restricted your original trial because of "abusers." I'd call it a cost of doing business, and it makes me wonder why you don't have another mechanisms in place to prevent it from happening.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:11 am
Company Representative
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
FYI as a datapoint, I'm won't be signing up for the free trial since it doesn't include full usage. IMO it strikes me as extremely short-sighted to have restricted your original trial because of "abusers." I'd call it a cost of doing business, and it makes me wonder why you don't have another mechanisms in place to prevent it from happening.
Thank you for your opinion.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:09 am
Company Representative
Original Poster

Smile Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays

50% OFF

Any plan of your choice, for new customers for one month!
Not valid with any other offers.

Try it out, we know you will love it!
Offer valid until 12/01/2015

Offer Code: HOLIDAY2015
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:45 am

Hi, I signed up for the trial and would like to offer some feedback:

1- the trial should show the full features of the product... in this case limiting it to only UA or DL (which I can easily find on their website) is not good... neither is searching exact dates only

2- the system should support a lot more dates rather than having to pay extra to search +/- dates... for instance AwardFinder tool gives us up to +30 day searching of 6-7 airlines simultaneously for absolutely free. Granted you have more airlines but given they have a much better 30 day search tool, and it's free as well... doesn't really compare, sorry.

3- the price... I've paid for/used KVS, EF, Award Nexus all at various stages and they all had more features plus a full trial period for ExpertFlyer. $51/month is 5-6x what they're charging for arguably worse product. Not to mention the free AwardFlights (currently my go-to search tool)

4- lounge guide - my home airport is missing so many lounges... not a finished product ready for release

The idea has promise, but lack of a full free trial + bad +/- date search function + uncompetitive pricing is not doing the site any favours at the moment
Old Dec 18, 2015, 1:34 am
Company Representative
Original Poster

Its Back!

Happy Holidays

50% OFF

Any plan of your choice, for new customers for one month!
Not valid with any other offers.

Try it out, we know you will love it!
Offer valid until 12/31/2015 11:59pm

Offer Code: CHRISTMAS50

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.