Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Idea to plan a trip with zero effort

Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Hello fellow travelers,

i was just thinking about a site that would make my travel planning efforts much easier. What if you would only need to enter your budget + location and out of that it would generate you multiple trips that would match this budget.

e.g: I’m in Berlin and want to spend 500 Euro. Then the result could be Fly to s
Spain and stay in this airBnB Apartment in malaga for one week, while you are there you should book a guided walk through the canyons. Or take the train to Munich, book this nice hotel for three days and go to the oktoberfest.

I know that Kayak does this for flights, but my idea is a more universal solution that creates a complete package (Destination, time, means of transportation, where to stay, what to do).

What do you think about this? Do you know anything that can do this already?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:09 pm

Yeah it's called a travel agent.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Yes but this is a dying breed, as people are moving more and more to digital solutions :-) So i thought a website that is free to use could be nice.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
Originally Posted by GreenT2000
Yes but this is a dying breed, as people are moving more and more to digital solutions :-) So i thought a website that is free to use could be nice.
Brick & mortar "dying breed", online alive and well.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Welcome to FlyerTalk, GreenT2000!

I think such a site could be useful, although difficult for the site owner to maintain. If it's your idea, go for it!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:06 am

Vacations within Budget

A few months ago we asked ourselves as well as many other users the same question. Since then we have developed a beta site - Vacations within Budget (vacations.travelwits.com) - enter your budget, pick a theme and we search combinations of destination, hotel and transport (flight, car, parking). We have many plans to add more themes, more costs and more lodging types (e.g. bnb's, hostels). At some point we may include tours and activities.

It's still beta - we are constantly working on bug fixes and features. We wanted to roll it out early and get as much feedback as possible. So, please, let us know your feedback!

Originally Posted by GreenT2000
Hello fellow travelers,

i was just thinking about a site that would make my travel planning efforts much easier. What if you would only need to enter your budget + location and out of that it would generate you multiple trips that would match this budget.

e.g: I’m in Berlin and want to spend 500 Euro. Then the result could be Fly to s
Spain and stay in this airBnB Apartment in malaga for one week, while you are there you should book a guided walk through the canyons. Or take the train to Munich, book this nice hotel for three days and go to the oktoberfest.

I know that Kayak does this for flights, but my idea is a more universal solution that creates a complete package (Destination, time, means of transportation, where to stay, what to do).

What do you think about this? Do you know anything that can do this already?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
BA.com already does this with BA Holidays. Many other airline websites do this as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.