Wiki Posts
Search

The Bargain Concierge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, SW RR, Marriott, IHG, Citi, LeAccor
Talking The Bargain Concierge

Hello all! Long time reader and occasional poster here I've just launched my new website for bargain hunting "concierge-style" services and I would love to get some advice/feedback from some of you experts! My services aren't exclusive to just travel or award booking but I'm hoping that will be in the mix. Please check it out and let me know what you think

www.thebargainconcierge.com

The Bargain Concierge saves you time, money, and frustration by finding you the very best deal on almost any item, from plane tickets to your dream destination to appliances that upgrade your home’s style, while minimizing the effort needed on your part. Simply respond to a few questions and we’ll start scouring the web to make sure you’re saving as much of your hard-earned cash as possible. The Bargain Concierge is a perfect service for those who would rather spend time with their toes in the sand instead of their nose in a computer searching through hundreds of deal sites. So if you’re ready to score an awesome deal to Cabo or those Armani sunglasses for the cheap, just check The Bargain Concierge out at www.thebargainconcierge.com or shoot us an email at [email protected] and let us do all the work! You might even be able to use your miles or points to pay for your purchases! And remember…if you don’t save, you don’t pay. Guaranteed.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:01 am

Hi there,
just had a look at your website.
Hope you can understand my comments as constructive criticism

I think you need to explain to future customers why your service might be any better than any of the other well estabelished websites?
Some other thoughts:
Get ssl for at least the contact form
Switch from Wordpress to something different, wordpress is great for blogs, for an online service its not the right chocie
No FAQ or T&C or any business address on your site
Change the font style + color + size, looks more like a website which tries to lurk customers to pay for something that doesn't exist
No pricing information: Tell customers upfront on your website how much you'll charge, any other website does that
Get an email address that is not from gmail but @yourdomain.com
Include a paypal checkout page
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
I have got to agree with fuyao. I hope you will explore all of the suggestions.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Awesome thanks for the suggestions!!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Ok I've give my site a major facelift...still working on some of the suggestions but would love to get some feedback on the new look. I added a FAQ page that includes why my service is different from others, added my business address and email to bottom of each page, added several icons so people can connect with me on different platforms (still working on this), added three pages with example items under the How It Works page, changed the font/style of all pages, and updated the pricing page. Since my fees for each customer will vary depending on their purchase I wasn't sure how to do a Paypal checkout from the site that would work for that. I'm still working on the email domain and SSL. It's still a work in progress for sure

Thoughts?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:34 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
A gmail address doesn't bespeak "professional"
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: Enough
The font is unpleasant and looks cheap. There are quite a few errors in your writing, which also detracts from your credibility. I would take off the photos and rewrite your text for the 'About Me' section - it's unprofessional.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:14 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The font is also too small and not enough contrast with background. I had to Ctrl+ a couple of times to read easily.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Could you tell me what devices you all are using to access the site?
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Smile Update on The Bargain Concierge

I just wanted to give a quick update on The Bargain Concierge site since I decided to re-evaluate the idea. Instead of offering a for-pay service I've decided to just use the site as a place to share info I run into about saving money on various things online...including travel deals. I think this is the best choice until I build up an audience and really find what niche I want to go for. The travel deal info I post will probably be available here on FT in the deal threads, but please feel free to subscribe to the site to get info on coupon and promo codes and money saving resources on all kinds of things from clothing to travel to monthly bills and more. Thanks for all the insight everyone provided and maybe one day I'll go for the service offer again. Thanks everyone!!!

Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
Originally Posted by mrobinson927
I just wanted to give a quick update on The Bargain Concierge site since I decided to re-evaluate the idea. Instead of offering a for-pay service I've decided to just use the site as a place to share info I run into about saving money on various things online...including travel deals. I think this is the best choice until I build up an audience and really find what niche I want to go for. The travel deal info I post will probably be available here on FT in the deal threads, but please feel free to subscribe to the site to get info on coupon and promo codes and money saving resources on all kinds of things from clothing to travel to monthly bills and more. Thanks for all the insight everyone provided and maybe one day I'll go for the service offer again. Thanks everyone!!!

Took a look at it again today.

Constructive criticism:

1. The first thing I see is a picture of Venice, but nothing whatever about Venice. Know what you write (or show pictures of). Write what you know.

2. It's just bland looking, I cant think of another word to describe it.

3. The ads? No imagination, they are just plunked there.

You are using WordPress, so take a look at some of the other themes, there are some really nice themes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.