Search

Throw-away ticketing search engine

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM
Lightbulb Throw-away ticketing search engine

Hi,

I have recently found the need to buy round trip international tickets and throw away the returns because they are cheaper than one-ways. I fly around the world a lot and it is cheap to buy this way (I know this is a violation of contract of carriage, by the way, so we don't need to talk about that.)

Recently I am aware of the site that offers searching for hidden-city tickets, but is there any site/search that can be used for buying round-trips and throwing away the return?

That is, you can easily optimize the cost by fixing the outbound dates but changing the return date to be on the cheapest date/fare possible. In addition, I have found that playing with open-jaw and different routings on the returns can further optimize pricing. This seems ripe for a searching service! Are there any out there?!
Old May 13, 2015, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
You could use ITA matrix and select "see calendar of lowest fares" to get a pretty good idea.

Waiting for the usual responses about cheating the airlines....
Old May 13, 2015, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM
Right, the calendar searches are what I used, but when I realized routing changes on the return made a difference my mind was blown. Too many permutations!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.