Search
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: blahter
The info in the OP is out of date.

Install the Chrome Extension

Guide can be found here

Report issues here

Also, use fake FF accounts. Not just for this tool but any of them that use your account info. I promise that I'm not stealing your credentials but if the extension gets stuck on a login loop, at least your real account won't be locked out.
Print Wikipost

AwardFinder Chrome Extension

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MJ777
There already is, no? The arrows button to the right of the 'To' field and left of dates.

Blahter - I don't think I've sent a public thank you for putting this app together, so I will now, thanks for your efforts. It's made searching for some complicated Aeroplan itineraries and the occasional Avios flights much easier.
Thanks!

Now that AC supports one-way search everywhere (most of the time it works), you may no longer need to force a round-trip search in the backend
I can't remember if it was AC or QF that wasn't showing some options when searching one way but as of right now, if it ain't broke...

Originally Posted by jerryhung
OMG, indeed it is a swap, THANK YOU for pointing out the obvious

Somehow I always reads it as a "REFRESH" button

since I was expecting this, BETWEEN the FROM [ airport ] <-> TO: [ airport ]
Heh, I couldn't find an icon that looked a little less "refresh-y". Granted, I didn't really look too hard. Putting it between the From & To breaks the tabbing between fields and I didn't feel like ordering the fields.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:33 pm

I'm still using your tool for all my award searches! It's been really helpful, thanks blather.

I noticed this afternoon that there is a strange bug when searching NH for flights to/from BKK. The search initializes, runs, and then returns an error on the results page in the debug window:

Destination 1 / To : Cannot search for the airport entered. Select from the Airport List.
This error appears when searching BKK to/from JFK/NYC/LAX (so probably any airport) and when searching a combo like "KUL,BKK". To/from KUL alone does not give an error.

Manually entering BKK into the search box within the debug window does bring up a valid list of results, as does searching on the NH site manually.

Searching with BA does work properly. I also tried AC, but apparently they are doing website maintenance right now.

Seems like there is a particular problem with BKK. It would also be great if an error like this for NH resulted in an error in the Award.Flights Finder interface.

Thanks for all your hard work!

EDIT:

Well, it's quite odd, but AwardNexus is also giving an error for BKK-JFK/EWR. I guess NH changed something in their interface.

Last edited by ninegoodthings; Oct 20, 2016 at 11:08 pm
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ninegoodthings
I'm still using your tool for all my award searches! It's been really helpful, thanks blather.

I noticed this afternoon that there is a strange bug when searching NH for flights to/from BKK. The search initializes, runs, and then returns an error on the results page in the debug window:

This error appears when searching BKK to/from JFK/NYC/LAX (so probably any airport) and when searching a combo like "KUL,BKK". To/from KUL alone does not give an error.

Manually entering BKK into the search box within the debug window does bring up a valid list of results, as does searching on the NH site manually.

Searching with BA does work properly. I also tried AC, but apparently they are doing website maintenance right now.

Seems like there is a particular problem with BKK. It would also be great if an error like this for NH resulted in an error in the Award.Flights Finder interface.

Thanks for all your hard work!

EDIT:

Well, it's quite odd, but AwardNexus is also giving an error for BKK-JFK/EWR. I guess NH changed something in their interface.
Yeah, looks like something funky is going on with NH & BKK. I'll try to take a look at it this weekend and thanks for the kind words.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blahter
Yeah, looks like something funky is going on with NH & BKK. I'll try to take a look at it this weekend and thanks for the kind words.
This is fixed now.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:45 pm

First off, thank you for this tool, it is a great time saver (although because of that, I have been wasting a lot of time trying to optimize routings, ha!)

I have a little bug to report for AC, I am using v0.0.0.84 which I assume is the latest version. When doing a multi-day search (say 08/01/2017 with +Days set at 30), the results for some days show up twice but the following day is then missing.

It seems like the app is randomly skipping some 'searching' steps, so consecutive 'reading results' steps return the same results. I get this from the progress bar; normally it would show

AC : Initializing
AC : searching xxx-xxx 2017-08-01-ALL
AC : reading results xxx-xxx 2017-08-01-ALL
AC : searching xxx-xxx 2017-08-02-ALL
AC : reading results xxx-xxx 2017-08-02-ALL
AC : searching xxx-xxx 2017-08-03-ALL
AC : reading results xxx-xxx 2017-08-03-ALL
and so on..

when the bug hits, it does this instead:

AC : Initializing
AC : searching xxx-xxx 2017-08-01-ALL
AC : reading results xxx-xxx 2017-08-01-ALL
AC : reading results xxx-xxx 2017-08-02-ALL
AC : searching xxx-xxx 2017-08-03-ALL
AC : reading results xxx-xxx 2017-08-03-ALL
and so on... all results from 2017-08-01 would be on the list twice while there would be no result for 2017-08-02. A subsequent search for 2017-08-02 would return plenty of results so it isn't a lack of availability problem.

There doesn't seem to be any regular pattern, I've seen this happen with +Days set to as low as 3.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by barneyg_
I have a little bug to report for AC, I am using v0.0.0.84 which I assume is the latest version. When doing a multi-day search (say 08/01/2017 with +Days set at 30), the results for some days show up twice but the following day is then missing.

There doesn't seem to be any regular pattern, I've seen this happen with +Days set to as low as 3.
Yeah I've seen this happen but the problem is that it's hard to recreate consistently. I'll see if I can do something about it.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:29 am

Question Problems with BA Searches ~

I've reloaded the app on Chrome several times, entered BA info, and cleared the cache when I had opportunity but continue to get the error: BA - Error - unknown page Show Error

Checked: BA Economy

What am I missing?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:10 am

Happening to me too, only explanation is that BA is cracking down
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 77flyer77
I've reloaded the app on Chrome several times, entered BA info, and cleared the cache when I had opportunity but continue to get the error: BA - Error - unknown page Show Error

Checked: BA Economy

What am I missing?
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Happening to me too, only explanation is that BA is cracking down
Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on here exactly.

It looks like the first search succeeds and when it tries to navigate to the search page again, it errors out.

If I run a search manually and click on the “Start again” button at the bottom of the results page, it errors out. Going through the main members page->spending avios->book a reward flight also errors out on me once I've run an initial search so I don’t quite know what to do about this.

One workaround is to only run one search at a time and click on the “Clear cache/cookies” button when it errors out.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:14 am

It looks like it's not using the Passengers number correctly. Using NH, it's showing J availability putting in 3 passengers, but using their website there's only 1 available.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:53 am

Does anybody else show the AC search broken? The search parameters don't appear to be inserting for me when I click "show error".
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by viracocha
It looks like it's not using the Passengers number correctly. Using NH, it's showing J availability putting in 3 passengers, but using their website there's only 1 available.
This is fixed

Originally Posted by joeags
Does anybody else show the AC search broken? The search parameters don't appear to be inserting for me when I click "show error".
What cities are failing for you? JFK-LAX, SIN-HKG are working for me
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by blahter
What cities are failing for you? JFK-LAX, SIN-HKG are working for me
Any search I do is performing this way. I've tried your two city pairs, and I'm still getting the error. This is what is showing. I'll try on some other computers this afternoon to see if it's localized on my desktop.

EDIT: No need to add another comment - this error was localized on my desktop. Two laptops were fine.

Last edited by joeags; Aug 15, 2017 at 7:36 pm
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:23 am

i've had some intermittent trouble with aeroplan as well

in debug mode it selects number of passengers and cabin preference, but does not enter the airport codes/one way/dates

i performed several successful searches before this error began happening
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:02 pm

Has anyone else been having issues with BA while using the award finder lately?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.