Wiki Posts
Search

Best trip planning app?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 5:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

What travel planning tool do you use?

Personally, i prefer to use Triplomatic an iPhone app. But most of time, i read about the place and get a map and keep roaming around the place. This is one of my favorite hobby. .

According to me app is just to gain some access to that place.

Few apps i use for specific purpose
1) Momondo - to find best flights to visit the place
2) AirBnB - to find best accommodation
3) Like a local - to study about some interesting but less popular places
4) Triplomatic - to organize the trip
5) Splitwise - if there are many fellow travellers, this app helps to share the cost

i think you can hundreds and thousands of app. These are few which serve my needs.

Happy travelling.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:28 am
Suspended

MakeMytrip !
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Plan

To Do – Powerful set of tools that makes task management simple and fun (iPhone and iTouch)

Flight Tracker – Only free flight tracking/flight status app (iPad, iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows)

Travel Channel Layover – Travel like Anthony Bourdain and explore Tony’s favorite places to stay, eat and drink in 10 major cities around the world. (iPad, iPhone and iTouch)

Tripit - Keep all of your travel plans in one spot. (Web, iPad, iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows)

Plnnr - Customized point-to-point trip guide for 20 popular urban destinations across North America and Europe. (Web)

Award Wallet - Track all your frequent flyer miles in one place. (Web, iPhone, Android)

Goby – Search engine all about finding fun things to do with your free time, from this weekend to a fantastic vacation. (Web, iPhone, Android)
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:45 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Big on tripit
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Best trip planning app?

I'm in the middle of planning 3 RTW trips for the year, and the details have me pulling my hair out. Things such as hotels, cars, trains, directions, etc get really frustrating. Add in 45-60 destinations and as you can imagine, it all gets a bit confusing.

I do use Tripit, but it really isn't "intelligent". You just forward reservations that you've already made, and it dumbly puts them into itineraries.

I'm looking for something more intelligent that might prompt me about conflicts, or if I've forgotten a hotel reservation for the night, or ask me if I need a car when arriving at an airport.

Any intel on anything that will handle this sort of thing?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:16 am

Vamo might be helpful:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post24007773
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by richardinmotion
Any intel on anything that will handle this sort of thing?
Call a travel agent. That's the sort of thing they do.

I find that TripIt is very useful to me for identifying missing hotel nights and conflicting flights.
Old May 10, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
Trip Planning tool that allows multiple destinations?

Is there such a thing? Everything I've looked at allows one single destination - which seems kind of silly since there just aren't that many moving pieces in a 1 destination trip.

Appreciate any advice!
Old May 11, 2015, 5:03 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Can you share which trip-planning tools that you've tried? I have used TripIt for years, and it has no problem handling multiple destinations, but I [likely incorrectly] assume that they all do. (I previously tried WorldMate, but it doesn't handle multiple travellers, so I had to give up on it for that reason.)
Old May 15, 2015, 5:42 pm

I use TripIt for multiple destinations. Send in all my itineraries for flights, then join all of them under a single trip and it will work for multiple destinations.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:41 pm

Tool for planning a trip day by day?

I'm not sure what I'm looking for even exists but goes. I know there are tools you can have build an itinerary based off confirmation emails it parses but I want something to help me build the trip day by day during the planning phase.

What I'd like is an app preferably for OS X or iOS (a Windows app would work too but my Win 10 machine died leaving me with my cheap Win 10 convertible tablet as my only working Windows device) or even an online tool that lets me do something like this:

- Create a new trip
- Add each day to the trip
- Be able to add to add reservations for flights/trains/hotels/etc. along with relevant info for each such as PNR, ticket numbers, flight/train number, departure and arrival times, seat, hotel address and phone, etc. The ability to add the cost of each reservation would be nice to be able to keep an approximate running cost.
- The ability to add specific day trips or events that we've planned ahead, etc.

Using the first two days of my three week trip to Europe next spring that I’m currently planning as an example:

Europe 2019 March XX to April YY 2019

Day 1: SUX - LHR

- Flight 1: SUX - ORD AA3879 dep: 0610 arr: 0750 seat: 10A reservation: ABC123 Cost: $xyz

- Flight 2: ORD - LHR AA90 dep: 0955 arr: 2240 Seat : 11C reservation: DEF456 Cost: $xyz

- Hotel: Hotel ABC Address: <address> Phone: <phone> reservation: 123456

Day 2: LHR - LIS

- Flight 1 LHR-LIS <details here>

- Hotel <hotel info for the week here>

I hope that makes sense. I could just keep a text document similar to above and I may end up doing just that, but I’d like to have a more elegant solution if possible
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:59 pm

I have been looking for this for quite some time & I haven't quite found one that does everything I want. I've been using Sygic Travel (it was called something else before it was acquired by Sygic) for some of my trips & it kinda sorta gets the job done. It has a bit of a learning curve, but it'll do most of what you want.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:52 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm also glad I'm not the only one who has had trouble finding something like that. I did some searching for a template that I could use and found a couple that would kind of work with a little customization. I have a feeling I'll probably just end up making a text document that lists all the info I need/want.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
tripit You can just forward confirmation emails to it and you can add items (restaurants, etc) manually if you wish. Lots of other stuff in the free version (like share itin with people you select). Bit of a learning curve but I find it pretty useful
18sas likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
+1 on TripIt.com I use it for all my trips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.