Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing wheretocredit.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tim nice but dim
Thumbs up for the great work! I gave you a link from pointstobemade.com.
Thanks for the link! Very generous article and great additional tips ^
Old Jul 14, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: A3 *G, O3 *G, AZ Gold, MP (ex-OP), AD, AA
Thumbs up Help with TAM

Originally Posted by IAkH
Just a quick update. All OneWorld airline programs have been complete We should have all 3 major alliances completed now (yay!)

There are a few alliance programs I couldn't add because they either don't provide award charts or I couldn't find them:
  • TAM Linhas Aéreas
  • Air New Zealand
  • Royal Jordanian
If anybody can find charts for the above I'm happy to include them
Hi there IAkH!

First of all, congratulations for this superb tool you made available for us. ^^^ Indeed checking where to credit miles for a specific flight was at many times something not only boring, but also time consuming.

I'm a FF from Brazil, and although I don't use TAM nowadays (I hate them to the heart), I can help you filling up their information. Even in the Portuguese website, this information is well hidden into their Terms and Conditions.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaarlows
Hi there IAkH!

First of all, congratulations for this superb tool you made available for us. ^^^ Indeed checking where to credit miles for a specific flight was at many times something not only boring, but also time consuming.

I'm a FF from Brazil, and although I don't use TAM nowadays (I hate them to the heart), I can help you filling up their information. Even in the Portuguese website, this information is well hidden into their Terms and Conditions.
Hey thanks for your support. I'd love your help with TAM, either by pointing me to the link with the information or if you don't mind breaking it down, a PM with each fare basis and earning % would be best. I can enter it into the site from there. Thanks again!
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Big(gish) updates today. Added a few new features including:
  • Sorting by earning rate (yay)
  • Google translate widget for our international friends
  • Report outdated info button (when you hover over the list on desktop or when you click an item on mobile)

Sorting was a big thing people requested, so hopefully this will work for those that needed it.

Not 100% on Google translate yet, since sometimes it comes out pretty comical. But I figured it's better than nothing and you can keep it in English if you prefer it. Only users with non-English regions will see this option.

I'm hoping the report button will help keep out stale info, so feel free to report anything you notice that's outdated.

Thanks again for all the great feedback and ideas. Keep them coming
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaarlows
Hi there IAkH!

Huuuge thanks to kaarlows for finding and updating the TAM charts!! ^^^

I've added them to the site as well as fixed a few of the reports that have been coming in. Thanks all who are helping to build a useful resource for frequent fliers all over the world
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:51 am

I like how you constantly add features to the website
I is an amazing time savier to decide where to credit miles in comparison to the usual process of checking airline pages for minutes and calculating miles manually.

Another suggestion: what about entering 2 destinations and automatic mile calculation based on the FFPs' multipliers?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Is there a REST/JSON API for this, or a way to export the data? Amazing work!

I had a similar idea that I started work on, but never got to releasing it It had a mileage calculator too between two cities that would determine the total EQM/RDM for a given city pair, airline, and booking code -- if you'd like the code and data for that I'd love to help out.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrgreen
I like how you constantly add features to the website
I is an amazing time savier to decide where to credit miles in comparison to the usual process of checking airline pages for minutes and calculating miles manually.

Another suggestion: what about entering 2 destinations and automatic mile calculation based on the FFPs' multipliers?
Thanks! I think somebody had already mentioned it, and its on my to-do list
Originally Posted by JamilD
Is there a REST/JSON API for this, or a way to export the data? Amazing work!

I had a similar idea that I started work on, but never got to releasing it It had a mileage calculator too between two cities that would determine the total EQM/RDM for a given city pair, airline, and booking code -- if you'd like the code and data for that I'd love to help out.
I'm considering turning this into a web app with a REST back-end powering it. Since I'm using a free server, I hope that it'll lower my bandwidth usage significantly. The only thing holding me off is I'm a little behind on my SEO best practices and I'm not sure if Google will be able to index client-side rendering (any ideas?).

I'm trying to find a good source for airports as well. I have an airport database compiled from openflights, etc. but it's leaves a lot to be desired. I'm trying to avoid having to maintain both earning tables and airports as well - surprisingly challenging. It'd be great if gcmaps had an API, but I couldn't find one. It'll eventually get there.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Thanks! I think somebody had already mentioned it, and its on my to-do list

I'm considering turning this into a web app with a REST back-end powering it. Since I'm using a free server, I hope that it'll lower my bandwidth usage significantly. The only thing holding me off is I'm a little behind on my SEO best practices and I'm not sure if Google will be able to index client-side rendering (any ideas?).

I'm trying to find a good source for airports as well. I have an airport database compiled from openflights, etc. but it's leaves a lot to be desired. I'm trying to avoid having to maintain both earning tables and airports as well - surprisingly challenging. It'd be great if gcmaps had an API, but I couldn't find one. It'll eventually get there.
That's a good point -- Google's crawlers won't grab anything if it's served by AJAX, but hopefully any important keywords or information will be static HTML anyway, and will be indexed by Google. That being said, your approach seems to mirror statusmatcher.com, which does a great job of appearing in the Google search results if I search, say, "Airline X to Airline Y status match".

Yeah, I went with OpenFlights for my data and it was pretty limited -- I compiled a few Mongo docs / JSON with some data from it: https://github.com/Jamil/metal/tree/master/data/json (ignore fare_class.json -- it was an experiment and I failed where you succeeded :P). I love the idea of crowdsourcing the data, which works really effectively especially with a helpful and active community like FT

With regard to bandwidth, I'd suggest using an Amazon EC2 instance, which is part of the phenomenal Amazon Web Services (AWS). It's basically like your own personal server, with unlimited bandwidth -- the least powerful instance (still plenty to serve a web app) is free for a year, and something like $30/yr afterwards. They're offering free credit of $100 too, just PM me and I'll send you the link (and if you just want to chat some more about the web app!)

EDIT: One thing I did get done on my API was the mileage distance calculator. OpenFlights did have enough information for that….just need the lat/long and then use the Haversine formula. Try, say, http://crosswind.io/api/distance?airports=YYZ,MIA,PTY

Last edited by JamilD; Jul 21, 2015 at 1:00 pm
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Thanks to IAkH for this very useful tool and, especially, being very quick with updates!

This is such a time-saver, I'm pretty surprised a site like ExpertFlyer hadn't done something like that.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
This is an amazing tool, thanks a lot to the development team! ^

I'll add a link to it to www.airoli.com shortly so my friends can find it, too.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli
This is an amazing tool, thanks a lot to the development team! ^

I'll add a link to it to www.airoli.com shortly so my friends can find it, too.
Hey thanks for the link! Glad you like it
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
AS should be added (let me know if I'm missing anybody)
Looks great ^^
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Hey thanks for the link! Glad you like it
You're welcome - keep up the good work! The link is there now.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: A3 *G, O3 *G, AZ Gold, MP (ex-OP), AD, AA
There's a new partnership validated, which is between Korean Air and GOL.

Here's the accrual table for GOL flights into Skypass:
https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...s/gol-airlines

And here's the accrual table for Korean Air flights into Smiles:
https://www.smiles.com.br/koreanair

On a side, I'd like to note that many booking classes are missing for flights of Swiss and Lufthansa into Aegean Miles+Bonus. Mostly those booking classes don't give miles into A3, but it would be good if at least it would be indicated there as 0% accrual.

And once again, thanks a lot for the awesome tool. I've been using it constantly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.