Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Historic List of canceled/delayed flights for a specific route

Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:50 am
Original Poster

After making a reservation for a flight that got canceled, I'd like to know how often that happens. My flight was AA 994 from DFW to MCI. Feb 25, 2015. (Are reasons for cancellations listed anywhere?)

Can you link to a site that lists (rather than just gives percentage data) actual cancelled/severely delayed flight numbers for route DFW to MCI for times around 11 am.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:21 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by c627627
After making a reservation for a flight that got canceled, I'd like to know how often that happens. My flight was AA 994 from DFW to MCI. Feb 25, 2015. (Are reasons for cancellations listed anywhere?)

Can you link to a site that lists (rather than just gives percentage data) actual cancelled/severely delayed flight numbers for route DFW to MCI for times around 11 am.
The DOT Bureau of Transportation Statistics publishes a list of Regularly Scheduled Flights Canceled 5% or More. You can filter it by airlines and dates.

Other BTS statistics are available here.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:32 am
Original Poster

The link covers dates that end two months ago. Thank you for that.
Any other site that lists data for the last two months?

Also, the link has info on how many flights were canceled in a given calendar month... is there a way to list more detailed data like, at least on which days those flights were canceled?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:27 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by c627627
The link covers dates that end two months ago. Thank you for that.
Any other site that lists data for the last two months?

Also, the link has info on how many flights were canceled in a given calendar month... is there a way to list more detailed data like, at least on which days those flights were canceled?
BTS publishes flight statistics about five to six weeks after the end of the reporting month. January 2015 stats should be published no later than next week.

For American Airline flights, the Flight Information page of the American Airlines Cargo site shows flight status, including cancellations and reasons for delay, up to 10 days after the flight date.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks. AA lists generic reason it appears for my flight 994 of Feb 25, 2015.

Delay Reason: This Flight has been cancelled

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.