Community
Wiki Posts
Search

where/how to book group hotel stays?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:04 am
Original Poster

where/how to book group hotel stays?

I have to book 10-15 rooms per night for 20 different days in different hotels around the U.S.
What is my best strategy for getting the best rate? I do not want to pay now, rather just a reservation. i am also trying to get the cheapest possible rooms,it does not have to be anything fancy. Are there any recommended websites for group booking or other helpful tips? Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Calling each of the hotels and asking for their sales department is one way. As for websites, I book a lot of meetings/group blocks at Hiltons through e–events, which can be found on the hotel's website. Good luck!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mswtravels
Calling each of the hotels and asking for their sales department is one way. As for websites, I book a lot of meetings/group blocks at Hiltons through e–events, which can be found on the hotel's website. Good luck!
the individual hotel or the chain?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:23 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by emkay
the individual hotel or the chain?
Meetings & Events - Hilton

We’re here to help you plan, book and host your meeting or event in style. With facilities in more than 540 hotels and resorts worldwide, we’re ideally situated whether you’re reserving a function room or planning a wedding. Our helpful business event planning resources let you easily secure the right venue, manage your guest list and more.
Meetings: Advanced Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:29 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

P.S. Other hotel chains have similar websites; just Google the chain's name + "event planner".
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:27 am
Original Poster

thanks though hilton is likely out of my price range as are other chain hotels taht have this website function. i am not looking for help in arranging them i am looking for websites or other ways of negotiating the cheapest rate
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by emkay
thanks though hilton is likely out of my price range as are other chain hotels taht have this website function. i am not looking for help in arranging them i am looking for websites or other ways of negotiating the cheapest rate
Here are some sites that may work for you:
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

thanks! precisely what im looking for
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

20 stays? in different cities?

can you give example of type of hotel/etc youre looking at?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
20 stays? in different cities?

can you give example of type of hotel/etc youre looking at?
its for a youth group, nothing fancy at all, a bathroom and bedroom work. a step above motels would be fine
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sometimes you might be able to negotiate with an owner of multiple properties

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.