Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Searching for Flights by Destination

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Searching for Flights by Destination

Anyone knows a tool/website that let you search for any city, state airport as departure and specific destination as arrival?

Say for example,
Departure city: Everywhere/anywhere
Arrival: Atlanta, GA

So far I only see the other way around such as sky scanner site. Appreciated if you come across this. This helps me determine which city to fly to the destination that's cheaper and then I can manage to get from my city to that city.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: AC/EK
flights.google.com is pretty good.

Choose a place and date and then click the map button. It will put prices on a lot of cities.

It may not give you one way fees exactly, but it's a great starting point!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:29 am

But exactly where you want to go? I was in Poland last year and I recommend you find a local website. e.g. I was in Poland last vacation, I look some way to travel, but the best think that I done is bought organized trip. (if you do everything yourself, is difficult to find the cheapest option, I mean pick up from and to airport, way to hotel, and the other tourist places I used the website: Krakow airport transfers.
I think you can find this same kind of website in the place that you want to fly. There you can look the cheapest option for trip, ...
Good luck in looking
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Baldpacker
flights.google.com is pretty good.

Choose a place and date and then click the map button. It will put prices on a lot of cities.

It may not give you one way fees exactly, but it's a great starting point!
Yeah, it is good to search for everywhere to specific destination.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by flybie
This helps me determine which city to fly to the destination that's cheaper and then I can manage to get from my city to that city.
I actually do a lot of this because I have so many cheap routes to the eastern US and Canada that it really doesn't matter where I fly out of.

I do a bunch of SkyScanner using "United States" or "Canada" as the takeoff location; and then using the airports it gives you first as origin locations in ITA.

So, e.g. let's say I want to go to the UK in November; I just search "United States" to "United Kingdom" in November via SkyScanner, which of course is horribly ambiguous, but it has me choose a destination airport, and I can see that the first five airports (LGW, MAN, EMA, LHR, and GLA) are the cheapest. Selecting each one, I just add any domestic airport I would be willing to fly out of to my origins in ITA: So JFK and EWR to LGW (Megabus $30 RT from Toledo!), + ORD to MAN (5 hour drive), IAD is too expensive to EMA so no IAD, +BOS and LGA to LHR.

If I repeat the above for Canada, I basically find out that YYZ is my only airport out.

So my ITA search becomes:

JFK, EWR, ORD, BOS, YYZ

to

LGW, MAN, EMA, LHR, GLA

for the month of November; which is much, much narrower and reasonable to mess with.

FTR, I booked YYZ to GLA via KEF (6-day stopover!) in November, and I'm freaking excited about it.

You can do the same thing domestically; e.g. fly "United States" to IAD to go to DC (from DTW is basically free).
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:15 am

You can use flightconnections.com.
Simply click your destination airport and you will see all flights to that airport.

Another option is to rightclick on the map, and select from this area.
Rightclick again on your destination area, and find direct flights.
You can also click, the indirect flightbutton, to show indirect flights
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:06 am

Smile Skyscanneer is Pretty Cool

Skyscanner help you find your dream destination for cheap with our ‘Everywhere’ feature. You can find the best possible lowest airfares, best flight bargains and get destination inspiration!
Old Sep 27, 2014, 2:08 am

Programs: VA Silver; BA Silver; IHG Platinum
Jimmy Joy - thanks for the flightconnections.com link, very useful

+1
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: EarlyReturns Summit
Tool for Searching Cheapest Flights by Destination

Hello all,

Is there a tool that will allow you to see the cheapest flight for a given date from any USA airport to say NBO (Kenya).

I've tried SkyScanner but it won't load all USA airport prices individually

I've tried Google Flights but it will only let me choose 5 at a time.

Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Tool for Searching Cheapest Flights by Destination

Try sky scanner from USA to NBO it showed numerous US airports
Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:37 pm

hmm strange. it's worked for me in the past with other destinations but for this specific USA --> NBO search its returning only "get prices" for every single airport listed.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
ITA Matrix?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
ITA Matrix?
I think you need to provide the originating airport.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:56 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

It's a little more manual than what you're probably looking for, but you can put multiple originating airports into the "from" field in ITA matrix, separated by commas.

Example: iad, iah, sfo, dtw, JFK, atl

Then rinse and repeat until you find the lowest price.

I can usually get about 5 or 6 airports in there before it generates an error while searching.

Just remember to uncheck the box that says "allow airport changes."
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by LM225
It's a little more manual than what you're probably looking for, but you can put multiple originating airports into the "from" field in ITA matrix, separated by commas.

Example: iad, iah, sfo, dtw, JFK, atl

Then rinse and repeat until you find the lowest price.

I can usually get about 5 or 6 airports in there before it generates an error while searching.

Just remember to uncheck the box that says "allow airport changes."
this seems to be working the best. thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.