Wiki Posts
Search

Working on an app

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Working on an app

Hey!

I'm designing an app to make rewards search & spontaneous travel easier.

Tell me about your experiences, frustration and problems related to online bookings, rewards search and finding travel inspiration.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Isn't there an avios availability finder app now and also this website which does the same thing?

http://www.baredemptionfinder.com
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:06 am
Original Poster

That website is fantastic. Though I find reading through a list of dates and figuring out how long I can travel for a bit tiresome.

Are you fully satisfied with them?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by namco
That website is fantastic. Though I find reading through a list of dates and figuring out how long I can travel for a bit tiresome.

Are you fully satisfied with them?
Are you going to use to use the same cached (potentially out of date) data or do you have a more up-to-date source?

If the former, then I can see how you can add some nice features on top of it (eg, giving it a date range, and a trip duration and it coming back with outbound/return options), but getting more up to date availability would be the one thing that would make it a lot better.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Working on an app

Hey, let's not dampen enthusiasm! Anything better than the BA app would be hugely appreciated. Can't the PP just mine the BA website for availability data, same as KVS?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by namco
Hey!

I'm designing an app to make rewards search & spontaneous travel easier.

Tell me about your experiences, frustration and problems related to online bookings, rewards search and finding travel inspiration.
^. Great idea. When I get off this flight I'll send you some ideas. For a start, have a look at the wiki of the BA app thread.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Please continue this discussion in its new home, the Travel Tools forum.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
Please continue this discussion in its new home, the Travel Tools forum.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Prospero: would you mind moving it back please? The app I'm working on is specific to BA & it's rewards program so Travel Tools isn't the right audience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.