FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1597410-what-service-do-you-use-keep-log-all-flights-youve-taken.html)

theultimateflyer Jul 25, 2014 8:22 am

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

Hi all,

I was wondering what, if any, service you use to keep a log of all your flights you've taken. Personally I use FlightDiary.net and I feel it gets the job done quite well. However, if you have any different service you use I'd love to hear about it.

TUF

jozdemir Jul 25, 2014 10:35 am

FlightDiary.net?

I've used FD a lot but there's a new one - pitot.io which is pretty cool and does a few things FD doesn't.

There's a free and paid subscription, free will do the same FD offers now.

Main thing I like is that there's users and beta users groups on Facebook which you can join and chat to the developer about issues or enhancements

Q54701 Jul 25, 2014 11:32 am

FlightDiary.net?

what do people put in a flight diary? most of my flights lately are better forgotten

etch5895 Jul 25, 2014 11:52 am

BA 97 is a fairly good one, although you don't get a nifty map. Flugstatistik is also good.

MSPGabe Jul 26, 2014 9:06 am

Really like the look of FlightDiary. After starting with FlightMemory and moving to OpenFlights and now FlightDiary, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Flinders Jul 26, 2014 10:49 am

I use Flightdiary for the most part these days. I started with flugstatistik and still use it occasionally because I have found FD's database is somewhat limited and they aren't all that great about updating it pursuant to requests (I've had issues with the FD database not having smaller regional airports in the USA and smaller defunct airlines).

Each have their pluses and minuses. FD can get unwieldy once you get a bunch of flights logged.

JY1024 Jul 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Moving this over to the more appropriate Travel Tools forum for further discussion. Thanks! :) /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator

schwarm Aug 18, 2014 5:32 pm

Just flew in to COD (Cody, Wyoming) on United Express and find that this airport is not listed on FlightDiary. I've emailed and no response.

Anyone know if there is a way to get feedback through or an easy solution?

Thanks

Nephroid Sep 4, 2014 8:25 pm

There are apps for this? I've been tracking flights, miles, and tail no's on a giant Excel spreadsheet for the last three years.

I think my life just got A LOT easier.

zolagola Oct 13, 2014 4:41 am

Originally Posted by schwarm (Post 23385255)
Just flew in to COD (Cody, Wyoming) on United Express and find that this airport is not listed on FlightDiary. I've emailed and no response.

Anyone know if there is a way to get feedback through or an easy solution?

Thanks

Same here, I emailed them about missing airlines, airports and aircraft a while ago. Got feedback today that they "at the moment do not have the possibility to update it".

Looking at other discussions (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ained-by-human) where updates were requested in 2013 already and still have not been incorporated, I doubt they will be getting the static data updates completed anytime soon.

Itīs a real pity as Flight Diary stats and look&feel are far superior to Flugstatistik/Flightmemory but without them willing to provide support, itīs fairly useless...

UltraRant Oct 15, 2014 2:34 am

Originally Posted by jozdemir (Post 23255841)
I've used FD a lot but there's a new one - pitot.io which is pretty cool and does a few things FD doesn't.

There's a free and paid subscription, free will do the same FD offers now.

Main thing I like is that there's users and beta users groups on Facebook which you can join and chat to the developer about issues or enhancements

I just tried that one and I really like to forget that one instantly. It has too many flaws (for example: every flight has a stopover by default, which is annoying, WAW is missing, every airplane type shows up at least 3 times without an obvious difference, CAS doesn't exist, neither do many smaller or legacy airlines).

No tool is perfect. I stick with FD, as it has a much better user interface than flightmemory or pitot. It would be ideal if they started updating their databases again. I'm missing Air Lituanica, for example. At least all of them are still much better than the Excel sheet I used in the past. ;)

Jonathan Jacob Oct 16, 2014 7:21 am

I just discovered flight diary. It looks great.

sbm12 Apr 1, 2015 6:12 am

For those who use FlightDiary and want to be able to track aircraft registrations I've built a little browser extension hack which adds that n-number lookup into the flight edit page. The data only works for domestic US travel where the DoT has recorded the information in the BTS logs and it has a delay of ~6-10 weeks (Jan '15 is the most current) but it should be complete and accurate for most domestic US flights.

http://blog.wandr.me/wp-content/uplo...d-1024x640.jpg

http://blog.wandr.me/wp-content/uplo...ample-data.jpg

Read more.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.

PsiFighter37 Apr 2, 2015 1:39 pm

Airline code to use?

Started putting my flights into FD (I like the graphics much more than FM), but was wondering what airline to book flights flown by regional airlines (e.g. for United Express)...is it better form to use UA in this instance, or the IATA for the regional airline company?

mendy7511 Apr 27, 2015 8:05 pm

Anyone know why you can no longer click get info and automatically populate the cities and times? Seems weird that they would remove this feature (it seem to still be in the html but not showing)