Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 2:14 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
They remove the button but the feature is still there. Once you enter your flight number in the dedicated field, press the Enter key and it will populate cities and times.

It often got the cities correct, but the time are always wrong though.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K
FlightDiary.net?

they apparently have no plans to add my home airport
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: AA PLT, BAEC Silver, Ritz GLD, SPG GLD, HH Silver, GlobalEntry
I've been researching and trying all of the well-known ones. I've settled on Flightdiary for now. The only thing I dislike is how the site asks me for a review after every add.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 11:14 pm

I have been using FlightMemory for the last 3-4 years and thought I will move to FlightDiary. But when entering flight data, I realised they don't have time zones right. India is shown as 5 hrs ahead of GMT when in reality, it is 5 1/2 hrs ahead. I wrote to them a week back about it, no response so far.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
FD did look promising but I am having all sorts of issues importing data. All my dates are gone. I add an airline (e.g., Copa), it seems to save but then when I look at my flights, no record has been changed. It's a small sample size here but is this the way the website is run errors and then no responses and/or we can't do that? I was a Flight Memory person but wanted to be able to export efficiently rather than having to import saved webpage after saved webpage into open flights and then export back to a CSV.

@Seth: I'm sure you could put something together in a day that works better than what we have access to now (think about it )

Cheers
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice update to the entry interface on flightdiary.

Not sure when it went into effect, but sometime in the last week.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
Nice update to the entry interface on flightdiary.
Sure is. Too bad this tool doesn't work anymore: http://blog.wandr.me/2015/03/aircraf...mory-included/

Any idea if the developer is a FT member?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Unsub
Sure is. Too bad this tool doesn't work anymore: http://blog.wandr.me/2015/03/aircraf...mory-included/

Any idea if the developer is a FT member?
Sure is: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/sbm12.html
Old Dec 6, 2015, 2:53 pm

Just added a flight to flightdiary and saw what I believe to be a new feature. When adding a flight, on the 'Flight Info' page, there is now a option to auto update flight info:

Flying two segments on Brussles tomorrow, and will give it a whirl and report back.

EDIT: By default, it is toggled off, but I switched it on before taking the screen capture.

Last edited by scottpenderson; Dec 6, 2015 at 3:04 pm
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:24 pm

This is an update to my previous post. As long as you enter the flight number properly, I have had good success with FlightDiary automatically populating the entry with the relevant flight info (airports, scheduled times, aircraft). I am in the habit of listing flight numbers just as a number rather than an airline code plus number (e.g. 1995 vs SN1995). In order to get the option to auto-populate or update post flight, you need to fill out the flight number field with an airline code plus number (e.g. SN1995).

I have had mixed success with FlightDiary updating the necessary information post flight. It did not work for my two segment Brussles flight, but I realized after the fact that I edited my entry and removed the airline code from the flight number, thus turning off the feature.

When correctly entering the flight number, I have also had mixed results. It correctly filled in the flight information for an airberlin segment as well as a United international segment, but it didn't update the flight times to correctly reflect the actual departure and arrival time. I was on a United p.s. flight EWR-SFO and it auto-filled the information, but only reflected that I was on a Boeing 757 rather than a Boeing 757-200. For my other flights, it correctly filled in the plane type. Further, it did not update the entry with a registration number.

It seems like a helpful feature, as it populates the flight info when adding an entry. But, from my experience, I don't think I will rely on it to do registration numbers or update flight times as that seems to be inconsistent.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:58 am

Feature request for the folks at FlightDiary: How about an option to tag a flight as a paid versus award flight? I'd really like to be able to track my flights each way over time.

Looks like in 2015 I flew almost 110K, and I think 70K was award, but I'd really like to see it in the (already very useful) stats.

Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 678flyer
But when entering flight data, I realised they don't have time zones right. India is shown as 5 hrs ahead of GMT when in reality, it is 5 1/2 hrs ahead. I wrote to them a week back about it, no response so far.
Their time zone calculations are all over the place. I've recently been putting data into FlightDiary.net and it has no clue about daylight savings. For long flights, I have to keep calculating elapsed time myself, as it can be out by 1 or 2 hours, depending on which way it gets it wrong.

There are also tons of other little bugs, such as not including some minor airlines and airports. That wouldn't be so bad, except that it won't let you enter an airport it doesn't know about and it will silently discard an airline it doesn't understand. I've used the feedback page, but nobody ever bothers to reply.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I noticed that the input on the website had changed some time ago. I do like the new auto-generated inputs on the page, although it takes whatever is originally blocked in (i.e. I still have to go back and update it for the actual times).

As others have noted, getting a more comprehensive airport list in would also be a good update, but that's not as huge a deal to me (as I haven't yet flown to one that does not pop up). I think it would be useful for the plane stats to be updated as well (certain builds of planes, like 777-222, does not appear to be an option). Again, not really a huge deal to me.

Glad to see that some updates are being made, though - I thought the site was basically dead in the water but still being utilized. Definitely like the interface way more than FlightMemory.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Now that flightdiary.net automatically populates tail numbers, is there a way to make it populate them for all the old entries as well?
Old Feb 23, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Airport reviews cannot add a review

What has happened? I used to be able to add a review of an airport,now I can't,am I doing something wrong,or has Flightdiary removed that option? Any help would be good.Thanks.I have emailed Flightdiary 3 times,but they do not answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.