Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Secret Flying Fuel Dumping Manuals - Dead Link | Outdated/Unrealistic Information

Secret Flying Fuel Dumping Manuals - Dead Link | Outdated/Unrealistic Information

Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

So Secret Flying published a fuel dump this morning, JFK to Dublin, and my friend spent $99 for their Ebook (only option to pay was with PayPal) which is supposed to instantly reveal the details of how to book the fuel dump. However, the email came with just a link to purewow.com which seems to be an online magazine. Has anyone else purchased an ebook from Secret Flying? She tried emailing them but of course they are not being helpful.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 4:19 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
For those like me, who are not familiar with the term “Fuel Dumping” in this context, here is the explanation from the Secret Flying website:
“Fuel Dumping” is the term generally given to when an aircraft disposes fuel mid-air prior to landing. This often occurs when a plane is forced to make a landing short of its intended destination to lighten the aircraft’s weight.

However, there is another more secretive meaning to the term “Fuel Dumping.” It involves intentionally pairing two separate flights on the same ticket in the hope that the fuel surcharge component of the main, more expensive flight is dumped/eliminated. Have a read of this previous blog post to gain a better understanding of the fuel surcharge component and why it exists.

We will now go through the basics of “Fuel Dumping” which will help you better understand this practice and the steps needed to successfully achieve a “dump”. Please note, this article is strictly for educational purposes only.
---
Old Dec 18, 2023, 6:06 pm
formerly DustyFoot

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold
Geez... I almost bit the bullet on that one, glad I didn't. Did they at least tell you the 1X?
Old Dec 19, 2023, 12:07 pm

Previously, I paid SF for information on the 1x pair needed to unlock a discounted fare from Lisbon to Sao Paulo via a fuel dump. However, upon receiving the PDF, I discovered that the specified 'magical' pair referred to two cities in Southeast Asia. This 'trick' would only have worked by flying from Portugal to Brazil the following day, which was simply impossible. Ultimately, it was an impractical combination. When I requested a refund and highlighted the issue, their response was that they had mentioned the 1X 'could be anywhere in the world.'

While I acknowledge their statement, my concerns remain:
  • Selling a product to a paying customer implies providing valuable information. In this case, the information rendered was practically unusable.
  • When I emphasized the necessity of flying the 1x leg to prevent the cancellation of the main legs, their response was 'sometimes not.' Further inquiries about this applying to those specific flights led to them stating they didn't know.
  • Marketing an offer as 'FUEL DUMP, LISBON TO SAO PAULO, NON-STOP, 235€' without disclosing the requirement of purchasing a return ticket from Europe to Asia seems misleading, if not a scam. Any "conventional" return ticket from Portugal to Brazil was cheaper than this supposedly 'amazing' fuel dump 'offer.'
SecretFlying simply doesn't care since they don't look to be a 100% legit company (no information on their webpage). The guy answering to my mails was absolutely unprofessional and wrote me as if I was his school mate.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 7:34 pm
formerly DustyFoot

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold
Thanks for this info. I definitely won't be paying them for FDs in the future, especially FDs with 1X's
Old Dec 20, 2023, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

They finally sent her the PDF after she consistently harassed them. By the time she got the PDF the business class seats were gone. The 1x was from PDL to FNC a week before the roundtrip from JFK to DUB. Again, completely unrealistic just like Nicolas83 posted above.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 8:12 pm

Just dispute that charge for eBook through PayPal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.