Wiki Posts
Search

accessfares.com deals legit?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2014, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcook052
The debate about this website has been moved from within the Mileage Run Deals "Good Deals in Premium" thread for further debate.

tcook052
Mileage Run Forum Moderator
i will go ahead and remove

note the link still appears in google cache (#5 from top) >
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...08.1Om69P4_IjM

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 7, 2014 at 12:19 pm
Old Jul 5, 2014, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
http://www.accessfares.com/air-contracts.html
MH - $3K and $4K RT for US to asia
NZ - $2700 RT LAX-LHR

AZ >
is BEERT economy fare good for AZ? upgrades to biz > http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...-nov-30-a.html
if not good, from $3044 RT > https://www.alitalia.com/us_en/Speci...Magnifica.html (unsure how good)
I've never seen a site like that before. Is it saying travel agents are getting sometimes up to 30% commission on fares. Are these fares competitive to what is found online?
Old Jul 5, 2014, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by flatseatlover
I've never seen a site like that before. Is it saying travel agents are getting sometimes up to 30% commission on fares. Are these fares competitive to what is found online?
If they are showing the actual contracts on the website, they are in violation of their airline contracts and could be shut down - the actual content in that page that was posted looks strikingly similar so I need to forward it to our internal folks to review.

Do we earn up to 30% on commissions? Rarely. Our usual bonus on true premium fares is in the 18% range, but it could be 8-20% depending on a multitude of factors. On anything under near-full economy, we earn anywhere from 0-3%, which is why a booking fee is needed.

I have a variety of net fares which pay 0 commission, so I need to mark them up to my customers, but even with the markup, they are cheaper than any other agent who does not have our contract (and 99.9% of agents do not have our special contracts).
Old Jul 6, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: HH Silver
The debate about this website has been moved from within the Mileage Run Deals "Good Deals in Premium" thread for further debate.

tcook052
Old Jul 6, 2014, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcook052

tcook052
i will go ahead and remove, sorry
Old Jul 6, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It looks like the site removed the information from their website, but I've reported them nonetheless. The material looks like stolen air contract data from other agencies.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 2:37 am

Programs: SQ-S.PPS, DL-G, NW-G, BD-G, US-G, UA-GS
Does someone have an archive of this page? Thanks. You can PM me if you wish.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by abrelosojos
Does someone have an archive of this page? Thanks. You can PM me if you wish.
I reported this company as they posted stolen data from our organization and action is being taken. I don't know what the fallout will be, but I wouldn't be rushing to do business with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.