Wiki Posts
Search

FlightMemory exporter

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 2013: UA 1K (2013: 4/7 UDU, 2012: from GM to 1K!), Global Entry
FlightMemory exporter

I have created a tool to export your flights from flightmemory.com into the openflights CSV format. This allows you to migrate your flightmemory.com data to openflights.org, or at least keep them in sync.

Please see: http://goo.gl/Jn6uF

The typical way to do this is to go through each page of your flightmemory.com flightdata, save a copy of each page, then manually upload each one to openflights.org (what a pain!). Note that flightdiary.net can import from openflights.org, but not from flightmemory.com, so perhaps this is an easier way to also go from flightmemory.com to flightdiary.net.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:09 am

Thumbs up

Hi, I love your exporter, but some things are unfortunately not working properly:

- "Date": The departure date format is wrong: "-03.03.2013- 23:55" (your format) vs. "2013-03-03 23:55:00" (openflights csv format)
- "Registration": It does not seem to export the Airplane registration.
- "Note": Also the comments are not exported completely but seem to be chopped off by some letters. This is inconsistent, though: Sometimes things are cut, sometimes not...

Can you fix these issues? Your tool right now is the easiest and best way to export flightmemory data to flightdiary.

Last edited by veitb; Apr 1, 2013 at 3:29 am
Old Apr 1, 2013, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Thanks for trying and bookmarked.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 4:24 am

Hi, any news on this?
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
Many thanks to initforthelonghaul! We've exchanged a few PM and using my FM data to debug, the tool now exports registration numbers and no longer truncates the comments field. ^^

I enjoyed using FlightMemory as a premium member, but the lack of data export always bothered me, so I dropped my subscription last year. Thanks to this tool I now have my data in a spreadsheet instead of a PDF file.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by initforthelonghaul
I have created a tool to export your flights from flightmemory.com into the openflights CSV format. This allows you to migrate your flightmemory.com data to openflights.org, or at least keep them in sync.

Please see: http://goo.gl/Jn6uF

The typical way to do this is to go through each page of your flightmemory.com flightdata, save a copy of each page, then manually upload each one to openflights.org (what a pain!). Note that flightdiary.net can import from openflights.org, but not from flightmemory.com, so perhaps this is an easier way to also go from flightmemory.com to flightdiary.net.
Thank you for the effort in creating this but I just tried to use your converter and it doesn't seem to be working.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there a way to show your top 20 airports on FlightMemory instead of just the top 10?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there a simpler way to upload to openflights from FlightMemory? The above link does not work, and I can't seem to find anything via a search. Would love to transfer over the date without having to retype everything.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there a simpler way to upload to openflights from FlightMemory? The above link does not work, and I can't seem to find anything via a search. Would love to transfer over the date without having to retype everything.
I used the method referred to in the OP (printing out each FlightMemory page and importing each page into OpenFlights). Have you given that a try?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikew99
I used the method referred to in the OP (printing out each FlightMemory page and importing each page into OpenFlights). Have you given that a try?
By "manually upload," does that mean type them all in? Not sure how physically printing them will allow me to upload it into openflights. But, I also don't know what a CSV file is either
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
A very helpful tool
Old May 20, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Hello,

The google link is dead. Any alternatives?
Old May 20, 2017, 2:10 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
For what it is worth, the OP's last activity on FlyerTalk was on July 16, 2013.

I Googled and found this link to download the the tool, however, it is more than four years old (April 7, 2013), I have no idea if that link still works or whether it is safe.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
iOS app Boarding Pass Custodian offers FlightMemory import

can't post URL's here, so here's an excerpt from Appstore description: iOS app "Boarding Pass Custodian" offers FlightMemory import (besides scanning boarding passes and manual input of flights) and displays flown routes on a 3D globe
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: LH
It's still available on GitHub
https://github.com/nh13/flightmemory_exporter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.