ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
ITA Matrix Search: http://matrix.itasoftware.com

You can sometimes see flights, fares and detailed fare rules that may not be reflected on an airline's website. Please read the thread for some tips and tricks, screen shots, etc.

A related thread, ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK, discusses a user script which is maintained by fellow flyertalk members to enhance the already powerful Matrix of ITA Software by providing new features and booking links.

Additional details and tips on the use of ITA's advanced routing code feature can be found in the following long-standing Mileage Run Discussion threads:

Print Wikipost

ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
I found a response on ITA forums (sorry no link at hand). ITA servers have been busy due to increase in users and they are looking for long term solution. In short term ita folks were allocating more resources to meet demand. This was dated couple of months back when we saw ITA issues dropped suddenly.

Now they are back so I am guessing they have decided the cost of free users is too high or their new solution isn't working too well.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
I found a response on ITA forums (sorry no link at hand). ITA servers have been busy due to increase in users and they are looking for long term solution. In short term ita folks were allocating more resources to meet demand. This was dated couple of months back when we saw ITA issues dropped suddenly.

Now they are back so I am guessing they have decided the cost of free users is too high or their new solution isn't working too well.
Does this mean we have an option of buying a free version of this program or should we look for different program that produces similar flight information?
-
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
Does this mean we have an option of buying a free version of this program or should we look for different program that produces similar flight information?
-
Is there anything even similar to ita on the market? If so, never heard of it before.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by fuyao
Is there anything even similar to ita on the market? If so, never heard of it before.
Isn't this because the ITA site that we use is simply a bit like a massive test site for the underlying software that ITA sells? There are a lot of well known airline and OTA sites which use the underlying software. AIUI, that's one of the reasons why ITA so prominently tells you that you can't buy tickets through the site - it's not in competition with its customers.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Isn't this because the ITA site that we use is simply a bit like a massive test site for the underlying software that ITA sells? There are a lot of well known airline and OTA sites which use the underlying software. AIUI, that's one of the reasons why ITA so prominently tells you that you can't buy tickets through the site - it's not in competition with its customers.
Nope, QPX (the paid product) does not offer as much inputs as ITA does, i.e. you can only enter 1 origin and 1 destination, you cannot enter any advanced routing codes,....

The real reason why google is not so much interested in selling anything directly is cause if you google flights from ... to ... you will get tons of google ads and google won't bite in its own hand since they're making the most money with ads
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:23 pm

I'm getting so many boombox errors, I think the programmers must be out watching Say Anything
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:49 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Always the same "The search failed with Exceeded Boombox request quota" messages
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Chaikel
I'm getting so many boombox errors, I think the programmers must be out watching Say Anything
same here
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by RoundWay
same here
I contacted their sales department in hopes of purchasing "premium" access or something. They said they sell their QPX software, but it is "geared towards high volume sites" with very high licensing fees.

Maybe someone would want to buy the license and resell access as a premium product. I would definitely be a customer.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:55 am

I contacted their sales department in hopes of purchasing "premium" access or something. They said they sell their QPX software, but it is "geared towards high volume sites" with very high licensing fees.

Maybe someone would want to buy the license and resell access as a premium product. I would definitely be a customer.
scroll up and read my comments about QPX
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by fuyao
scroll up and read my comments about QPX
I read them before I posted, however if they're able to make it work for matrix which is just a front end for QPX, I'm sure any semi-competent coder could replicate
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:15 am

I read them before I posted, however if they're able to make it work for matrix which is just a front end for QPX, I'm sure any semi-competent coder could replicate
The key is, QPX does not offer the same functionality as ita. You cannot specify any advanced routing codes whatsoever. See the QPX doc yourself.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by G_G
Always the same "The search failed with Exceeded Boombox request quota" messages
What does that even mean??
ITA seems useless today as can't do any search without that message
Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anandrag
What does that even mean??
Tsk. Kids nowadays don't know any history.

Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:27 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Oddly enough, Boombox is QPX in a sort of twisted way. I found a document online pertaining to the US Department of State and ITA Matrix. Most of it was redacted, but it explained something that the Boombox is indeed something of a layer of QPX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.