Help with Redeeming Points

Subscribe
Hello,

I am very new to actually REDEEMING points and it seems like there isn't much information on the practice of doing it the best way.

Using a site called Miles.biz which calculates the mileage and links to other airlines automatically (which is very cool), I am playing with the itinerary of LAX to SJD (Cabo San Lucas, Mexico).

The best deal was on British Airways for 15,000 miles. I went to the BA website and it says that BA does not service this route but the trip can be booked over the phone with a partner airline. Total points request, 7,500 AVION points + taxes and fees.

How do you all keep up with all this info????

Are there tricks, spreadsheets, etc.?
I believe that is an Alaska Air route. Means you need to call BA to book it with 15,000 AvioS points. If you have 10,000 American Express MRs you can transfer to BAEC under the current 50% promo bonus (expires 3/31) to get 15,000 AvioS
Quote: I am very new to actually REDEEMING points and it seems like there isn't much information on the practice of doing it the best way.
It will help if you can tell us what miles you current own so folks can give your some ideas for LAX-SJD redemption.

Quote: Using a site called Miles.biz which calculates the mileage and links to other airlines automatically (which is very cool)...,
If you want to learn more about this site, maybe you should give our newest forum, Travel Tools, a try:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/

Welcome to FT!
Quote: The best deal was on British Airways for 15,000 miles. I went to the BA website and it says that BA does not service this route but the trip can be booked over the phone with a partner airline. Total points request, 7,500 AVION points + taxes and fees.
Sometimes this is not clear at first, but airlines that offer one-way awards usually list points required for one-way tickets. So it would be 7,500 Avios each way, or 15,000 total.

As to how to keep up, start reading flyer talk regularly, and maybe some blogs, take good notes, and you'll get the hang of it.
Quote: Using a site called Miles.biz which calculates the mileage and links to other airlines automatically (which is very cool),
This website is invalid.
I'm going to move this on to the Travel Tool website where we discuss a range of tools for keeping track of miles and helping to find award inventory.
Quote: This website is invalid.
Milez.biz

I also like the Pointshub which will show you what your current balance in FF miles can afford you.