Reload this Page >

Welcome to the Travel Tools forum: find a list of tools here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Note: Listing does not imply FlyerTalk or Internet Brands endorsement, not degree of accuracy, etc.
  • Airixo - tool to find low cost flights in Europe. Includes 20 carriers including Ryanair, Wizzair, and easyJet
  • aerolopa Airline seat maps
  • Airline Route Mapper - provides routes for 600 airlines (Windows based)
  • AllTheRooms - aggregates room prices from traditional booking sites and AirBnB and the like
  • Anxious flyers - free app that includes data on turbulence and weather as well as techniques for calming concerns
  • App in the Air - free and paid service to track flights as well as keep a log of past flights/maps. app only
  • AutoSlash - find the cheapest car rental
  • Award booking services - List of members who offer fee based services for finding award travel
  • AwardHacker - find the best award flights without being an expert in every airline program
  • Award Nexus – find available award space on Star, OneWorld, and SkyTeam
  • Award Wallet – keep track of all your miles and points (except AA) in one location
  • Citymaps - A travel guide that works on and off line and a social mapping community.
  • ClaimAir - free app - know air pax rights and learn flight compensation on the go
  • Cravor - restaurants that give points for dining
  • ExpertFlyer - award space, award and seat alerts, fare rules, also Help Desk
  • FlightAware - tracks flights in US and Australia
  • flightconnections.com - Provides an overview of all flights worldwide
  • Flighty - Plane tracking with alerts, FAA bulletin alerts, built in flight logger, TripIt and calendar sync
  • Flying Fish - mileage calculator tool
  • Frequent Flyer Miles Redemption Comparison - compares miles for redemption across programs
  • GateGuru - identifies airport layouts and vendors (phone ap) - LIKELY DISCONTINUED
  • Great Circle Mapper - route distances and airport info (including charts)
  • GoMiles Tracking service for miles and points
  • Hotel Room Alerts - looks for availability at sold out hotels
  • Hotel Savy - Find Your Hotel Price - searches for a specific hotels nightly rates over a range of dates
  • ITA Software - Identify the lowest fares across all airlines or specific airlines over a one month period.
  • KVS Availability Tool – Global Flight Availability, Award Availability, Fares, Timetables, Seat Maps
  • Lounge Buddy - allows you to quickly determine what lounges you can access worldwide
  • mileBlaster - track miles and points
  • MegaBus Search - easy to read calendar for lowest price
  • Milez.biz - compares points required for various awards
  • oneworld Lounge Access Wizard - See if your itinerary and elite status will qualify you for a layover in a oneworld airport lounge
  • PathhFinder - app for routing, finding your car, etc.
  • Pick2Pay - find best credit card and best shopping portal to maximize miles/points
  • Pitot-io - a mix between flightdiary, flightmemory and openflights
  • PointHub - compares cost for flights in both cash and miles
  • PriceBidCheck - fee for service allows checking PriceLine bids and properties
  • Rome2Rio - Discover how to get anywhere by plane, train, bus, ferry and automobile
  • RouteHappy - find cheapest flight with your preferred "happiness" factor
  • SeatGuru - shows seat maps for a broad range of airlines and comments on the desirability or lack thereof of individual seats
  • Seatmaps
  • seatmaestro
  • SeatExpert - shows seat maps for airlines
  • Star Alliance award finder (development) - find Star Alliance award seats
  • Superfly - compares cost for flights in both cash and miles
  • TripCase - Travel Alerts. Travel itineraries and information are constantly updated from airlines and travel agencies and email confirmations and invoice documents.
  • TripIt - organizes all your trip information into one organized document; also TripIt Pro
  • UMapped - Organizes research and recommendations for upcoming trips. Keeps travel logs with photos, videos, notes and locations.
  • UsingMiles - track your program miles
  • United Easy One Way Award Search - Simplifies and streamlines searching for United award flights via UA's website (resides in United forum)
  • United PQP/PQF + RDM Calculator - Tool for calculating Premier qualifying credits & award miles earning on non-UA (non-016) and UA specialty tickets.
  • Wandering Aramean Travel Tools - Variety of free tools for flight & hotel awards, earning/redemption rates, cash-back rebates and more.
  • Weekend Alert - weekend-based flight search. Search across upcoming weekends to find the best/cheapest time to fly.
  • Where to credit Redeemable mileage accrual for different airlines based of fare booking class,

CLOSED:
  • AwardMapper - shows hotels by major chain and points required for redemption - not maintained
  • AwardAce - Compare Award Redemptions Across Airlines In Seconds. Site dead at April 2019
  • Awardtravelr - Search for *A/ST/OW awards online for free (beta)
  • Hotel Hustle - tool that shows hotels with both rates and points
  • Hotel Rate PRO - Hotel Rate Tracking for booked and un-booked hotels. Also tracks Member-Only rates. We send you RateAlerts.
  • MileWise - compares cost for flights in both cash and miles
  • My Flights App - An app that monitors your Amadeus bookings and alerts you to changes to the reservation - for iPhone, iPad and over the Web
Print Wikipost

Welcome to the Travel Tools forum: find a list of tools here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2016, 9:49 pm

Can't believe Rome2Rio.com isn't here yet. Invaluable! Please add?
crd3000 and bukzin like this.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 10:21 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by WirelessP
Can't believe Rome2Rio.com isn't here yet. Invaluable! Please add?
There is a thread promoting Rome2Rio.com dating back to 2014.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:22 pm

Hi mod, could you please add awardhacker to this wiki? Thanks!

AwardHacker: a tool we build to tell you how to travel with the least miles
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:47 pm

For amateur and semi-professional group trip leaders I would recommend WeTravel - Itinerary and planning tool for group trips and yoga retreats.
The platform is free of charge to create, manage, and promote group trips. Travelers can then join these trips, using WeTravel’s website to register and pay securely.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:59 pm

Apps I use when i travel!

I like using a few apps for when i finally arrive at my destination. Usually im a repeat traveller (i often go to the same places) but when i go into a new place, i use two apps.

One is called Vacationship - its an app to get you to meet/date locals who can show you the town from their eyes. I had a fun little holiday fling when i was away last. My local match took me to a cool spot to do yoga in the morning and we like each other so we went to a cool bar at night together too. Definitely worth trying because i would never have found them otherwise.

The other is called Sidekix - its an app that shows your how to get to places (like a regular map) with attractions and useful things like ATMs and cool bars along your route. Its also good to show you the most busy and lit up areas so you feel safe.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
I like the look of Sidekix.

Google maps does a pretty good job of walking routes already but I'm often thinking of something like:
I need to get from A to B but on the way I want to get some adaptors/shoelaces/food shopping/SIM card/printing done etc or stop for a beer/ice-cream/coffee/dinner with making a huge detour.

Having said that the voracious Google monster is catching up on that too and will soon make all other apps redundant and implode on itself.

the other thing looks like Tinder/Grindr and therefore Inappropriate for me.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: SPG (S), Marriott
Hi Jackdiver!
I'd like to submit flightSpeak to the list. (www.flightspeak.net)
The app is focused on airports - finding places to eat, shop, as well as tips and other content/conversations from travelers in the same airport.
Hope everyone finds this useful.
Feedback most welcome!
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:08 am

Programs: Hertz and Best Western, a free agent in all other respects
This site satisfied a huge, festering need for me, all the direct flights from any airport in the world. Click on a destination airport and the airlines that fly the route show, with weekly schedules as popups. Shows two, three and four stop connections too, for that matter.

http://www.flightconnections.com/

I found it on FT, this thread has some related sites and discussion. It appears that the bugs have been worked out.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...route-map.html
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:07 pm

Hi friends, I am new here, where is the presentation?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:54 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Laura De Gonzalez
Hi friends, I am new here, where is the presentation?
Welcome to FlyerTalk @Laura De Gonzalez!

The list of Travel Tools is in the wikipost at the top of the page. You may need to click on the icon to expand it.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Platinum
I didn't see Hipmunk or momondo.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
Welcome to FlyerTalk @Laura De Gonzalez!

The list of Travel Tools is in the wikipost at the top of the page. You may need to click on the icon to expand it.
Thanks for that work
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: Eurobonus
Hello!

I think you should add AwardFares.com to this list/wiki. Its not an app (yet?) but a web based service to find availability of award fares on Star Alliance airlines. Basic search is free while a premium sub costs $5 a month and lets you do advanced searches and also set up alerts and search further into the future than with the free plan.

Get going by setting an origin airport, maybe a destination and an 'earliest' and 'latest' departure date. Then sort the result on cabin class, number of stops and so on. You can even sort on equipment. For me its the goto search engine to spend my AMEX vouchers.

I would add a screenshot but as a newbie here I'm not yet allowed, sorry.

Disclaimer: I'm not involved other than as an early beta tester back in early 2018.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:37 am

Please could you add HotelSavy.com It is a new tool which I have developed, it finds the cheapest nightly rates over the coming year. I am constantly updating it and would appreciate any feedback.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:38 pm

One of the agencies that I partner with developed this simple but very useful utility for Amadeus and Sabre GDS users.

- Convert PNR segments to client readable format
- Convert PAX names and DOB from email or WhatsApp to GDS format

It helps avoid errors and saves a lot of time.

Demo:
Download a 10 day trial version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iFk...xERr7I50s9lHp/
There is a offer now for $15/mo until July 15 for more than three users (regular license costs $29/mo).

Last edited by EugeneV; Jun 20, 2019 at 9:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.