flisea.com: Star Alliance award availability lookup tool

flisea.com: Star Alliance award availability lookup tool

Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:15 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by dilvala
Thanks Pseudo Nim.

is there any way you can search only for multisector flights.

I.E UA 888.

Is there a tool that would show days a paticular flight is avaiable? like if i wanted to see if UA 888 had award seat from PEK-LAX via SFO

something like that.
Hmm. Unfortunately, that's a tough one. Basically you're asking to do a search by published routing, I'm assuming - unfortunately, that isn't supported for now. I am *thinking* of writing it (to look for LAX-SYD routing on SQ, for instance) but it's a bit low priority since it's hard, and the site's a hobby that doesn't even make beer money. Maybe sometime.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA,SQ no status on any
Hi Pseudo Nim,
Thanks for sharing your hobby project with FT community^

Right now there seems to be a bug when you manually enter a watchlist item
After clicking save you get a blank screen (in firefox)

And a suggestion for limiting searches by being able to specify departure time range. For non-direct flights, you sometimes get a lot of possibilities. And even for direct flights on dense routes like LHR-JFK.

But a great tool, especially the watchlist feature

Cheers
NJviking
Old Apr 1, 2012, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback Time limiting is an interesting thought - I'll consider it. Could you PM me what you're inputting in the watchlist that you get a blank screen? I've been playing with it lately and it's been ok... could be just me tho.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 8:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
The Community Director has asked that this thread be move to the new Travel Tools forum. Please continue posting there.

Markie - Mod, *A
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:56 am
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Pseudo Nim, any thoughts of adding Skyteam searches? Not sure how complex that would be - just a thought.

BTW - tool is very nice... made it very easy for me to find 4 business seats for a trip next year ^

ZH.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Markie
The Community Director has asked that this thread be move to the new Travel Tools forum. Please continue posting there.

Markie - Mod, *A
Aaaaand another move, here we go Thanks Markie.

Originally Posted by zh
Pseudo Nim, any thoughts of adding Skyteam searches? Not sure how complex that would be - just a thought.

BTW - tool is very nice... made it very easy for me to find 4 business seats for a trip next year ^

ZH.
Hehe, thanks. Skyteam is quite doable, as is CO. The only real limitation is.... well.... I don't really redeem through Skyteam, and nobody pays for the site, so it's pretty much limited by time and effort.

Speaking of - if anyone wants to pay for a premium membership, PM me - you get more watchlist searches, can watch for point differences (like last December's crazy promo), and you help me buy tasty overpriced airport food when I am in Air Canada's MLL lounges (since, well, they HAVE NONE! grrrr)
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:23 am

Star Alliance Awards Search

Great idea, but I was unable to register...and also, at the moment, there's no place to enter a 'return' date of travel
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: All of them...
Thank you
Old Apr 3, 2012, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by taveller
Great idea, but I was unable to register...and also, at the moment, there's no place to enter a 'return' date of travel
PM me what happened when you tried to register. Btw - site doesn't seem to work with IE (any version) - investigating still.

Lack of return date is by design. I used to have one, but then realised - there isn't much point, as I'm not competing with the relative simplicity of one-click solutions offered by Aeroplan.com and others - my goal is to provide segment-by-segment search functionality, and few of the people needing it will even use the return date field - requiring an extra input with little added benefit.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
Sorry. . . maybe this is a stupid question, but what is the green dollar sign next to some of the flight segments signify?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 100countrygoal
Sorry. . . maybe this is a stupid question, but what is the green dollar sign next to some of the flight segments signify?
Ahh - it means segments for which you would have to pay YQ fees. Based on the latest list released by Aeroplan.

Btw, totally off topic, but NICE North Korea pics. How did you get there? Tourism or business/government of some sort?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Ahh - it means segments for which you would have to pay YQ fees. Based on the latest list released by Aeroplan.

Btw, totally off topic, but NICE North Korea pics. How did you get there? Tourism or business/government of some sort?
Thanks. . . and thanks. I went on a tour arranged through Koryo tours from Beijing (much to the surprise of many, it is legal for Americans to go on tours into North Korea. . . Cuba, no. . . but North Korea, yes).
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 100countrygoal
Thanks. . . and thanks. I went on a tour arranged through Koryo tours from Beijing (much to the surprise of many, it is legal for Americans to go on tours into North Korea. . . Cuba, no. . . but North Korea, yes).
Wow, that IS surprising, indeed. Congrats - that's an awesome trip for sure.

I've got to get in on that before the regime changes (but then again...... who knows when that'll be). On my list of things to do in life, the Concorde was retired before I could get on it, so hoping that I don't miss this one
Old Apr 8, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Thanks for your hard work.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Salut Pseudo Nim,

Nice search tool! I'm slowly getting familiar with it.

Would it be possible to select more than four pax? Or is there some limitation (aside from availability!) preventing this?

Cheers,

Whitey

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.