Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*AwardFinder - Free Web-based *A Award Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2012, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Great tool. Thanks to the OP.

A great addition (though very difficult to implement I understand) is to go around ANA limited logic for connecting flights, as the actual possibilities are much grater.
+1. The ability to search across several consecutive days is a nice addition. It really is a shame that the underlying ANA logic for cxns is so feeble. (I was just discussing this in MilesBuzz this morning. Another FTer was looking for award travel LAX-HAN, and ANA only offers LAX-ICN-HAN while ignoring LAX-Tokyo and LAX-SIN options.)
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:28 am

jyflyer, awesome tool with good UI and easy navigation ^. Thanks for investing the time to help fellow FTs.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Oh wow, we've passed 8000 searches. Thanks guys for your feedback. A few things coming up in the next update..

--

- Saved Searches
- Aeroplan and CO Searches

Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

The server is getting hammered with requests, so I will need to upgrade the server, but that will only take moments - approx 30mins. (Rackspace rocks!)

My apologies for any downtime or stopped searches.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Server is now back up! Faster and stronger!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:47 pm

Is there a way the code can be written to perform multiple city searches for the same day and show results for all at the same time? e.g.

Oct 12th (+7 day search)
SIN/CGK/BKK/HKG-FRA

If I wanted LH and SIN-FRAN shows not available, you can see availability from other cities you select as "from" on the same screen for the same dates.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Very soon

Originally Posted by 1K+
Is there a way the code can be written to perform multiple city searches for the same day and show results for all at the same time? e.g.

Oct 12th (+7 day search)
SIN/CGK/BKK/HKG-FRA

If I wanted LH and SIN-FRAN shows not available, you can see availability from other cities you select as "from" on the same screen for the same dates.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by jyflyer
Very soon
You are genius ^
Old Jan 22, 2012, 5:02 pm

This is epic for a new guy like myself. I am in IT guy for a data center. If I have any spare cash around I would gladly make a donation to your project or tell me what to get so I can get some miles
Old Jan 22, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ DM+, CX DM, LH SEN
This is fantastic. Really quick and easy to use. Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
I really love the concept, and I really look forward to using it as it only improves further. There currently seems to be a lot of flights missing however. . . especially mixed carrier options. For example, in searching 11/25/12 from BKK to ORD, there are plenty of options that should be available, but the *AwardFinder only returns UA flights and says they are full.

My apologies if there is something I've missed that readily explains this. Please keep up the great work to perfect this, as this is the type of search engine I could really use!!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 100countrygoal
I really love the concept, and I really look forward to using it as it only improves further. There currently seems to be a lot of flights missing however. . . especially mixed carrier options. For example, in searching 11/25/12 from BKK to ORD, there are plenty of options that should be available, but the *AwardFinder only returns UA flights and says they are full.

My apologies if there is something I've missed that readily explains this. Please keep up the great work to perfect this, as this is the type of search engine I could really use!!
Does selecting "Yes" for connecting flights work?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:30 pm

This looks great and very simple to use. Love it. Thank you!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Thought I'd share some of the top 10 searches made over the past week (Over 8500 searches..)

1. ZRH-BKK
2. FRA-BKK
3. FRA-SIN
4. FRA-NRT
5. ORD-ZRH
6. BKK-ZRH
7. YUL-ZRH
8. SEA-FRA
9. SFO-FRA
10. ORD-FRA
Old Jan 23, 2012, 3:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'm a guilty party for 1 and 6 :-).
When searching AMS-BKK the ZRH-BKK possibilities with LX never show up....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.