Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Can I please ask for some help using the Flight Schedule Alerts? I'm not sure whether I'm doing it correctly.

I want to monitor the schedule for BA15 which spans three calendar days in local time between LHR and SYD. For example, BA15 on 1 October departs LHR at 2135, flies via SIN and arrives in SYD at 0610 on 3 October. The bits are as follows:-
  • [*]

If I try to set an alert for BA15 LHR-SYD on 1 October, I get an error message saying that the flight's details can't be verified.

If I try to set an alert for BA15 LHR-SIN on 1 October, that works as expected.

If I try to set an alert for BA15 SIN-SYD on 2 October (the local departure date and time of the second sector), the alert is set but for a departure from SIN on 3 October.

If I try to set an alert for BA15 SIN-SYD on 1 October, the alert is set for the departure that I'm interested on, departing SIN on 2 October. However, I then get notified of a schedule change, telling me that the flight is now departing on 3 October.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:00 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Can I please ask for some help using the Flight Schedule Alerts? I'm not sure whether I'm doing it correctly.

I want to monitor the schedule for BA15 which spans three calendar days in local time between LHR and SYD. For example, BA15 on 1 October departs LHR at 2135, flies via SIN and arrives in SYD at 0610 on 3 October. The bits are as follows:-
  • [*]

If I try to set an alert for BA15 LHR-SYD on 1 October, I get an error message saying that the flight's details can't be verified.

If I try to set an alert for BA15 LHR-SIN on 1 October, that works as expected.

If I try to set an alert for BA15 SIN-SYD on 2 October (the local departure date and time of the second sector), the alert is set but for a departure from SIN on 3 October.

If I try to set an alert for BA15 SIN-SYD on 1 October, the alert is set for the departure that I'm interested on, departing SIN on 2 October. However, I then get notified of a schedule change, telling me that the flight is now departing on 3 October.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
We are taking a look at this, we hadn't seen a flight schedule this complicated before. We have some follow up questions to ask, please email us directly at [email protected]
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought that I should add here what I've also included in that email, in case anyone else has any pointers or suggestions.

As I posted above, if I set an alert for BA15 SIN-SYD on 1 October, the correct flight is initially watched (departing SIN on 2 October). I then get notified of a schedule change, telling me that the flight is now departing on 3 October.

What I have discovered is that if I use the resubmit button as a quick way of reactivating the alert, it is resubmitted with a local departure date for that sector of 3 October (ie the "new" date that I was alerted of). On the next alert cycle, I then get an alert telling me that the flight is now departing on 4 October - and so on, with the alert moving forward one day at a time.

In fact, on the alert that I've set for this flight (ie originally specifying 1 October), it's currently watching for the departure on 6 October.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
is there a way to use ExpertFlyer to see historical data? For instance if I'm hoping to standby for a flight, any way to see how often that flight for that day of the week went with unsold seats, or how many standbys cleared?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:53 pm

@ExpertFlyer Voice

Can you please contact American Airlines customer service and find out why their agents are not able to see Etihad Guest availability?

Expert flyer shows that Guest Seats are available and Etihad also shows that Guest seats are available but the AA agents can not see the availability.

Please check this thread everyone is reporting the same issue http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...hread-211.html
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Etihad plays strange games on their website such that you see different award availability based on whether your search originates in the US or not.

As a specific example, I am looking for JFK-AUH on 12/18 in J. Searching for that one way on etihad.com yields zero Guest Business award seats, whereas searching for AUH-JFK-AUH (with the AUH-JFK leg on any random date preceding 12/18), shows 6+ Guest Business seats for JFK-AUH on 12/18.

My question is, if I sign up for EF, which of these two availabilities will EF display for the JFK-AUH flight?
If you are planning to signup just for Etihad availability it is of no use, it just shows the availability shown in Etihad site, and when you call the agents they will not be able to see the availability.

Last edited by INDFlyer; Sep 21, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:27 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by maracle
is there a way to use ExpertFlyer to see historical data? For instance if I'm hoping to standby for a flight, any way to see how often that flight for that day of the week went with unsold seats, or how many standbys cleared?
I'm sorry no we don't have historical availability data, only historical fare tariff data.

Originally Posted by INDFlyer
@ExpertFlyer Voice

Can you please contact American Airlines customer service and find out why their agents are not able to see Etihad Guest availability?

Expert flyer shows that Guest Seats are available and Etihad also shows that Guest seats are available but the AA agents can not see the availability.

Please check this thread everyone is reporting the same issue http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...hread-211.html
We don't have control or can change how EY and AA communicate award inventory to each other. The best thing to do would be have as many people as possible write/call AA and report it as a technical issue, especially if you can note that other partners of EY see the award inventory, but just not AA.

Last edited by TWA884; Sep 21, 2017 at 5:24 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
We don't have control or can change how EY and AA communicate award inventory to each other. The best thing to do would be have as many people as possible write/call AA and report it as a technical issue, especially if you can note that other partners of EY see the award inventory, but just not AA.
You run a company and you provide a service for a fee, why don't you file a complaint to AA for your paying customers and report it as a technical issue.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You run a company and you provide a service for a fee, why don't you file a complaint to AA for your paying customers and report it as a technical issue.
Possibly because that issue is nothing to do with EF's business or to the service that EF provides to its own customers?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:38 am

Possibly because that issue is nothing to do with EF's business or to the service that EF provides to its own customers?
If that’s the case then they should let the users know that the availability shown on expert flyer website is just a number and does not show the actual availability.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If that’s the case then they should let the users know that the availability shown on expert flyer website is just a number and does not show the actual availability.
I thought you said that the EY availability shown by EF is the same as the availability shown to EY customers?

If EY chooses not to make that inventory available to AA customers, that's nothing to do with EF.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:34 am

I thought you said that the EY availability shown by EF is the same as the availability shown to EY customers?

If EY chooses not to make that inventory available to AA customers, that's nothing to do with EF.
When you sell a service to customers for a fee you should make sure that you make it little clear to customers what they are paying for.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:29 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Folks,

This thread is for help and technical assistance using ExpertFlyer.com.

Discussions of how EY and AA display award inventory for their partner airlines' frequent fliers belong in the EY and AA forums.

Future off topic posts will be deleted without further notice.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
OK, with great hesitation, may I sneak in an EF related question?

I am looking at an itinerary which has 3 connections. What is the best way of checking if a specific fare code is available throughout? (EF Flight Availability form only allows for two connections,)

I can of course break the itinerary into two and check for each. However, I am not sure if those answers will apply when everything is put together.
Calchas likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.