ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:22 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk. I'm going to move this thread to our Travel Tools forum, where you'll find more the most members who are familiar with Expert Flyer.

chgoeditor
co-moderator, Info Desk
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I have a question about searching expert flyer for award space. If I'm looking for, say, MCO-ATL-ICN and want to ticket the DL segment and the KE segment all through KE (b/c want 5x J on KE flight), where do I look for the segment availability? I'm assuming it is possible that I'd find the DL segment available looking at DL and, perhaps, AF availability, but not KE. And KE availability is lacking on DL in general. I guess the basic question is this: where to search when using two airlines that don't 100% share their availability but are in the same alliance?

In reading the FAQ, it says that one should search the carrier operating the flight. In this case, I'd search DL and KE separately. I see availability. I go to DL and try to pull up the award: no dice. I go to KE and try: no dice. They won't pull that availability from the other carrier in both cases.

Okay, well I did see somewhere that KE won't award ticket mixed DL and KE. But even when I find availability on DL for all segments, I still can't book on KE. Maddening.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jul 27, 2017 at 2:21 pm
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:36 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I have a question about searching expert flyer for award space. If I'm looking for, say, MCO-ATL-ICN and want to ticket the DL segment and the KE segment all through KE (b/c want 5x J on KE flight), where do I look for the segment availability? I'm assuming it is possible that I'd find the DL segment available looking at DL and, perhaps, AF availability, but not KE. And KE availability is lacking on DL in general. I guess the basic question is this: where to search when using two airlines that don't 100% share their availability but are in the same alliance?

In reading the FAQ, it says that one should search the carrier operating the flight. In this case, I'd search DL and KE separately. I see availability. I go to DL and try to pull up the award: no dice. I go to KE and try: no dice. They won't pull that availability from the other carrier in both cases.

Okay, well I did see somewhere that KE won't award ticket mixed DL and KE. But even when I find availability on DL for all segments, I still can't book on KE. Maddening.
The award inventory we show for both DL and KE is partner level award space. We can't control if an airline will ticket mixed carrier awards, however the inventory ExpertFlyer shows is available to partners.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum
Is there a way to force multiple airports in the connection box or to force 3 or more connections? Currently restricted to 1 airport each in the 2 connection input fields

Should mention this is for regular priced tickets in the Flight Availability Section

Last edited by topcat_dcx; Jul 27, 2017 at 7:40 pm Reason: clarified its regular priced tickets not award
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:28 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by topcat_dcx
Is there a way to force multiple airports in the connection box or to force 3 or more connections? Currently restricted to 1 airport each in the 2 connection input fields

Should mention this is for regular priced tickets in the Flight Availability Section
The reservation system accepts either 1 (A-B-C) or 2 (A-B-C-D) connection airports. At this time you can't give it a list of different 1 connection airports to try, if that's what you mean.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flight missing from EF "Flight Status"

I wondered if any of you Expert Flyer people could enlighten me on something I have noticed...

I am tracking the BA297 service LHR - ORD to monitor possible cancellation. I went to check on flight status today and the flight is totally missing from the EF status enquiry. It isn't saying scheduled or cancelled but there is no listing for it at all. The flight does have a listing for tomorrow and the day after but not the day after that (EF status only lists 3 days forward anyway).

What do you think is going on there?

Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I'll move this EF query over to the FT Travel Tools forum, where there's additional EF support.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:47 am

Many thx.

I didn't realise there was a Tools forum
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:58 pm

Just heard from EF support... they don't know why this is happening
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:39 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
Just heard from EF support... they don't know why this is happening
To clarify, what we said was that our vendor is not returning information for that flight. As you can see, BA must be having an issue disseminating information for that flight as FlightStats is missing it as well: http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...ate=2017-08-08
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:42 pm

Etihad plays strange games on their website such that you see different award availability based on whether your search originates in the US or not.

As a specific example, I am looking for JFK-AUH on 12/18 in J. Searching for that one way on etihad.com yields zero Guest Business award seats, whereas searching for AUH-JFK-AUH (with the AUH-JFK leg on any random date preceding 12/18), shows 6+ Guest Business seats for JFK-AUH on 12/18.

My question is, if I sign up for EF, which of these two availabilities will EF display for the JFK-AUH flight?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Do fare rules and routing rules no longer exist?

Last edited by CDKing; Aug 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDKing
I have a weird bug where the images for those buttons do not load at work.

The links themselves still work (if you dig into the HTML to get them), but the images do not.

Only affects me at work. (Windows, Chrome.)
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Calchas
I have a weird bug where the images for those buttons do not load at work.

The links themselves still work (if you dig into the HTML to get them), but the images do not.

Only affects me at work. (Windows, Chrome.)
I should have known it was something so simple. Just used IE and no problem. Its been a while since i logged in but i swear I've used chrome no problem in the past.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:33 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

I should have known it was something so simple. Just used IE and no problem. Its been a while since i logged in but i swear I've used chrome no problem in the past.
Are you still having the issue? What happens when you try a Shift-Reload of the page? Please email us directly at [email protected] if that doesn't work, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.