ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:57 pm

I'm planning to do a Plat Challenge MR to HKG at the end of Oct as inexpensively as possible with Gold status. I know the chances of getting upgraded to Bus are next to none, but I'm trying to increase my chances by doing things like flying red-eyes, weekend dates, etc. I'd like to check the award availability on EF for the flights I'm considering to see if upgrade fares are even available. Going from Coach or Coach+ to Bus, is it C class that I search for or is it any Bus class? Or am I approaching this incorrectly?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by melrowgo
I'm planning to do a Plat Challenge MR to HKG at the end of Oct as inexpensively as possible with Gold status. I know the chances of getting upgraded to Bus are next to none, but I'm trying to increase my chances by doing things like flying red-eyes, weekend dates, etc. I'd like to check the award availability on EF for the flights I'm considering to see if upgrade fares are even available. Going from Coach or Coach+ to Bus, is it C class that I search for or is it any Bus class? Or am I approaching this incorrectly?
Any advice on this, please?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:08 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

You didn't mention what airline you are flying, but it sounds like AA. The AA upgrade classes for the cabins are listed here: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do Yes it's C for Business and A for First.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
You didn't mention what airline you are flying, but it sounds like AA. The AA upgrade classes for the cabins are listed here: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do Yes it's C for Business and A for First.
Yes, it is AA. Thanks, ExpertFlyer
Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:52 pm

In EduGuide in the "Hidden Fare Buckets" section, there are instructions on how to search for X inventory using the Flight Availability entry screen. I have followed the example and do not see the number of X seats available on the flights listed. I understand that this guide was written a while back. Are there updated instructions somewhere that show how to search for X inventory? Or is it called something else now?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:08 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

In EduGuide in the "Hidden Fare Buckets" section, there are instructions on how to search for X inventory using the Flight Availability entry screen. I have followed the example and do not see the number of X seats available on the flights listed. I understand that this guide was written a while back. Are there updated instructions somewhere that show how to search for X inventory? Or is it called something else now?
X/R are no longer published by AA, as such they are not listed in the Award & Upgrade search tool, or on the listing of supported award/upgrade classes on our Help page here: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do
Old Oct 2, 2016, 1:05 pm

X/R are no longer published by AA, as such they are not listed in the Award & Upgrade search tool, or on the listing of supported award/upgrade classes on our Help page here: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do
Thanks for the reference. I have learned to look for C and A, but I thought X might also be available.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Expert flyer voice, I love expert flyer but recently it's been temperamental in not allowing the seat descriptions to appear when hovering the cursor above the seat. I know this is tied to seat guru and it's not an important function of your website however it gets tedious to type the same information into seat guru. BTW I use firefox and safari.
Please advise,
thanks
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:49 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ermintrude
Expert flyer voice, I love expert flyer but recently it's been temperamental in not allowing the seat descriptions to appear when hovering the cursor above the seat. I know this is tied to seat guru and it's not an important function of your website however it gets tedious to type the same information into seat guru. BTW I use firefox and safari.
Please advise,
thanks
No sure what you mean by "not allowing". The information is only there when we can match a seat map from the airline to a SeatGuru one, which doesn't happen 100% of the time. If you want us to look at a specific example then email it to us.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
OK thanks for your reply,
I was aware that it doesn't match all the time; perhaps I just been unlucky recently as it's been on a number of flights I've looked up, so I thought there may be a technical problem. The example which prompted me to write this post is UA385 EWR-IAH Oct 19th.

Cheers
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:29 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by ermintrude
OK thanks for your reply,
I was aware that it doesn't match all the time; perhaps I just been unlucky recently as it's been on a number of flights I've looked up, so I thought there may be a technical problem. The example which prompted me to write this post is UA385 EWR-IAH Oct 19th.

Cheers
You have to compare the seat map layouts. If you look, you'll see that UA is showing some seats in the first and second to last row of the economy cabin as not existing, even though they exist. As such the seat map UA is publishing to the reservation systems and the one that SeatGuru has doesn't match, so we can't make a positive ID to show the SeatGuru popup info.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Is Expert Flyer down?

Trying to logged in on ExpertFlyer and it doesn't allow me to do so.. It stated that for security reasons I had to complete a Cache. ��
Any idea on what is going on?
Thanks

Last edited by Flyiboy; Oct 4, 2016 at 11:30 am Reason: I just answered my own question
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:12 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
I was seeking to set a seat alert for a UA flight I'm taking. EF found it under Flight Availability Results. I then used the icon to find the Seat Map, but it gave me a notice:

"The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again."

I also tried to do a Seat Alert from the menu, but that gave me the same error code.

I checked the UA website and I could find the seat map there.

What gives?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:42 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by 747FC
I was seeking to set a seat alert for a UA flight I'm taking. EF found it under Flight Availability Results. I then used the icon to find the Seat Map, but it gave me a notice:

"The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again."

I also tried to do a Seat Alert from the menu, but that gave me the same error code.

I checked the UA website and I could find the seat map there.

What gives?
Since you didn't post the flight information we can't help you. Please email the specifics to [email protected]
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Since you didn't post the flight information we can't help you. Please email the specifics to [email protected]
Well, I checked again -- 9 hours later-- and it is showing fine. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.