ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 1:01 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by djibouti
I believe "R" is the class code for coach-business class upgrades on a domestic 3-class flights. That code doesn't appear at all for tonight's flights--for example, AA 18 SFO-JFK, 11/29/12 10:30 PM.

Does that mean that there's no availability for coach to business upgrades, or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks!
X/R classes were hidden by AA back in June: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-5-2012-a.html

C is the Business upgrade class using miles or E-Vip's (which is visible on ExpertFlyer). R is the upgrade class for 500-mile stickers and EXP status.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:04 pm

Question re ExpertFlyer

I was trying to book two business class tickets on Alitalia (Z class). The flight I wanted had Z1 U1 (U being coach award inventory). So I booked one of each with the intent of moving up to Z if/when a space opened up.

But now that availability on that flight is U0 Z0, ExpertFlyer doesn't show the flight at all when I search the route. Is there a way to "force" it to show that flight, so I can set an alert for EF to e-mail me when Z1?

(Mods, wasn't sure where this should go; please move. Thanks.)
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:10 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Include Y as a fare category in your search.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:01 pm

Doesn't seem to work. I'm looking for for the direct flight MXP-JFK. When I just search for Z, I see MXP-FCO-BOS-JFK.

When I search for Z and U, I see MXP-FCO-JFK.

But I still don't see MXP-JFK, the flight on which I currently have tix...
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:52 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by crimson12
Doesn't seem to work. I'm looking for for the direct flight MXP-JFK. When I just search for Z, I see MXP-FCO-BOS-JFK.

When I search for Z and U, I see MXP-FCO-JFK.

But I still don't see MXP-JFK, the flight on which I currently have tix...
As NYBanker noted, you have to add a regular fare class, like Y, to the Other Fare Class box in the Award search then the flight should show. Or just do a normal Flight Availability search and create your alert from there.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:10 pm

Ah, I see -- I thought he meant "Y" as shorthand for economy. I manually added fare class Y to the search and was able to add an alert for Z.

Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
NOOG Question

Background: I am completely new to ExpertFlyer. I am trying to find availability in First or Biz using my decent pile of AA miles for travel on an example route: CLE-HKG around 21 MAR 12. When using the Awards & Upgrades tab, I put this in and the results come up that are confusing (to me). It shows CLE-LGA on AA4614 a CR7 as 4 Z's available -great! However, the next line down shows JFK-HGK (I'm fine with changing airports) on AA (CX) 6091, but nothing is on that line.

Question is: does this mean there is award space in F for all or only part of the itinerary?

I've read the extensive online help and cannot figure this out, please help.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:11 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Surface Interval
Background: I am completely new to ExpertFlyer. I am trying to find availability in First or Biz using my decent pile of AA miles for travel on an example route: CLE-HKG around 21 MAR 12. When using the Awards & Upgrades tab, I put this in and the results come up that are confusing (to me). It shows CLE-LGA on AA4614 a CR7 as 4 Z's available -great! However, the next line down shows JFK-HGK (I'm fine with changing airports) on AA (CX) 6091, but nothing is on that line.

Question is: does this mean there is award space in F for all or only part of the itinerary?

I've read the extensive online help and cannot figure this out, please help.
At the top of the Award search results page it says:

American Award & Upgrade availability is not valid for codeshares.
So since AA 6091 is a CX codeshare, there are no award classes for it. If you click on New Help With This Page at the top you'll also see it says for AA, among other things:

•When searching for award/upgrade inventory to a destination that AA doesn't fly to, it is best to only do the search for segments that AA itself operates, and not include the segments that it doesn't. This will insure the most accurate results.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
At the top of the Award search results page it says:

So since AA 6091 is a CX codeshare, there are no award classes for it. If you click on New Help With This Page at the top you'll also see it says for AA, among other things:
Thanks for the quick reply. It should have been obvious that the dialog box opened up on top - it's just that the rest looked more interesting.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Inbound aircraft

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I wasn't able to find an answer after a few searches.

Is there any way to identify the inbound flight for an upcoming departure? For example, I'm flying LAXYYZ today on AC 796 but would love to check the status of the inbound flight.

Is there a way to do this on expertflyer? Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:50 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by ffsim
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I wasn't able to find an answer after a few searches.

Is there any way to identify the inbound flight for an upcoming departure? For example, I'm flying LAXYYZ today on AC 796 but would love to check the status of the inbound flight.

Is there a way to do this on expertflyer? Thanks!
Unless the airline publishes the inbound flight information in the Comments of the Flight Status, no there is not.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Unless the airline publishes the inbound flight information in the Comments of the Flight Status, no there is not.
Thanks for the info!
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:36 am

Hi, I'm having a problem with award alerts not working.

I setup two alterts for flight SU107 (LAX to SVO) for Dec 8th. One for "At least 1 in Business - Award (O)", and a second alert for "At least 1 in Economy - Award (X)".

I never got any alerts. Today I got nervous and used KVS to check and in fact there was availability for both O and X! I called and booked the award ticket.

Now KVS shows the O availability is gone but X is still available (X7 even). But in expertflyer when I click "Quick Check" for the my "At least 1 in Economy - Award (X)" alert it says "Your alert was successfully checked and did not locate availability."

What is going on? Why didn't my alert work?

thanks
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:13 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by lewinr
Hi, I'm having a problem with award alerts not working.

I setup two alterts for flight SU107 (LAX to SVO) for Dec 8th. One for "At least 1 in Business - Award (O)", and a second alert for "At least 1 in Economy - Award (X)".
ExpertFlyer is showing the Award & Upgrade results correctly:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Awards & Upgrades Search
Departing LAX on 12/08/12 12:00 AM for SVO
Flying SU   on booking class O X       

Frequency                                                    
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     Class Description                      Code  Seats
0 Connections
SU 107        0      LAX                SVO                332       Su,M,W,F,Sa     Business - Award                       O     1
                     12/08/12 3:45 PM   12/09/12 4:05 PM             59% / 36m       Economy - Award                        X     7
Your alerts didn't work because they were for the wrong date. Once we updated the alerts to look at today's date they found the inventory and notified you.

If you have questions about specific alerts in the future, please email us so we can identify you quicker and find your alerts, thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 4:45 pm

thanks, but can you please explain what was incorrect about the date? I checked it carefully and it certainly appeared to be correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.