FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Award booking services - a list and some reviews (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1296363-award-booking-services-list-some-reviews.html)

b8b Nov 14, 2016 11:50 am

Submitted a request to Miles Concierge last week, still haven't heard back. Booked an award myself instead.

Still in search of a comprehensive, talented and responsive award booking service.

HMPS Nov 14, 2016 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by b8b (Post 27479100)
Submitted a request to Miles Concierge last week, still haven't heard back. Booked an award myself instead.

Still in search of a comprehensive, talented and responsive award booking service.

Let us know when you find one, you will do grat public service !

Kcberg1 Nov 20, 2016 4:13 pm

Award redemption service?

Is there a travel agency or other business/person that specializes in optimizing credit card points for award redemption? It is too time consuming to understand all of the different options and I'm looking for a 3rd party who could do it for me. I'd like to provide 1) the # of points I have, 2) my target flight destinations/dates...and then have the person/business come back with the best use of points. If anyone out there knows of such a service and could pass it along to me it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Mwenenzi Nov 20, 2016 4:20 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...e-reviews.html

philemer Nov 21, 2016 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Kcberg1 (Post 27506585)
Is there a travel agency or other business/person that specializes in optimizing credit card points for award redemption? It is too time consuming to understand all of the different options and I'm looking for a 3rd party who could do it for me. I'd like to provide 1) the # of points I have, 2) my target flight destinations/dates...and then have the person/business come back with the best use of points. If anyone out there knows of such a service and could pass it along to me it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to FT. Hopefully you'll find what you want in the linked thread above. ^

garykung Nov 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Is there a travel agency or other business/person that specializes in optimizing credit card points for award redemption?

Contrary to popular belief, I will say none.

The main issue is credit card redemption will usually involve the issuer's online access. Given how online banking is complicated nowadays (like free FICO, credit line increase, integrated access, etc.), it may be the world's worst idea to share your login and PW to a stranger.

romania2007 Nov 23, 2016 11:57 am

you can provide the number of points you have and destinations and we will try to help you here.

g8trgr8t Nov 24, 2016 10:03 pm

I used juicymiles to get 5 to, around, and back from Oz in business class all together on same flights. Was not an easy task and didn't get the exact dates I wanted but he (Josh) got it done using less miles than I thought it would take.

AtlantaAngel Dec 7, 2016 9:26 am

No reply

I used Milevalue a couple years ago with great results. Last Wednesday I put in a request. I got an automatic email back and later that night got an email from TQ. That was the last I've heard. I've sent follow-up emails to him and one to Scott at Milevalue.com and also sent MileValue a message on Facebook. Nothing. I see another reader here posted the other day that they miraculously got a response as soon as they posted about their lack of response here, so perhaps I will have the same luck.

AtlantaAngel Dec 9, 2016 2:33 pm

I never did hear back from anyone at Milevalue. Wow---sooooooo unprofessional! Thankfully I reached out to JuicyMiles, and James helped me - he responded immediately and got right to work on my booking (business class flight from Atlanta to Cape Town and back). He came up with multiple combinations and answered all my questions. He found exactly what I wanted (I used 160K United miles to book on South African Airways). Thank you James and JuicyMiles. They are true professionals!!

Jasper2009 Dec 10, 2016 4:58 pm

Yes, most of the award booking services listed in the Wiki (including myself) would (hopefully) be able to not only search for award availabiity using a particular points currency, but also provide advise on what the best option is with regards to transferring CC points into a FFP.

There is no need to give anyone access to your credit card account (or the points in that account). Depending on how you wish to make the award booking (once you have transferred the CC points) it may make sense to give them (temporary) access to your frequent flyer account.

nichojo Dec 21, 2016 11:03 pm

I'm not looking to start a full fledged business with this but some side income would be great. With that, I'd like to volunteer (need to build credibility first!) my services if anyone wants any advice or help booking tickets. PM me and we can begin the conversation.

For reference, I'm a Sydney based traveler who just moved down from the US. I've flown all over the world for cheap/nothing and love the puzzle that is the points game.

Notable bookings:
  • SYD-ICN-ATL on KE - First Class
  • CDG-SIN-LOP - Suites/Business
  • ATL-MIA-FCO-NAP Delta/Alitalia Business
  • ATL-NRT-SIN - Delta Business
  • ATL-NRT-BKK - Delta Business
  • SYD-HKG - Cathay PE
  • HAN-BKK-SYD - Thai First/Business

TWA884 Jan 7, 2017 11:31 pm

Moderator's Note:

Reminder:
Award booking services reviews that appear to be solicited based upon content and posting history will be deleted.

TWA884

closetasfan Jan 21, 2017 6:00 pm

People spend $150 to have others book FF trips for them

Fess up, which of you decided to make a business out of this? :)

KathyWdrf Jan 21, 2017 6:30 pm

Not sure how this is an OMNI topic. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, you appear to be ignorant of FlyerTalk's own history. The founder of FlyerTalk, Randy Petersen (who sold FlyerTalk to IB a number of years ago), used to operate just such a service.

And yes, there is at least one FlyerTalker who currently operates one.