Go Back   > >

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 25, 16, 2:21 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Award booking services - a list and some reviews
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: b8b
Wiki Link
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post; members with 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update.

Award booking services (alphabetical):

• Award Advocate: Domestic $75 p/p International $100 p/p, no additional charge for last minute. Also 10% discount for families traveling with children
  • Award Booking Service: $125/person
  • AwardButler: Award Search: $79 for up to two passengers. Booking starting at $129 for first two passengers. (Appears to require purchase in advance)
  • Awarding Canada: Specializing in awards for Canadians, but with expertise available for anyone, worldwide. $125CAD (PP) for the first two passengers, $75CAD for every passenger thereafter.
  • Award Planners: One way $99, additional person $49; Round trip $149, additional person $99; Multi City $199 additional person $99.
  • Award Travel Consulting: Award Search: $150/person | Booking ticket: $75/itinerary; changes: new trip
  • Awardmagic $139 per person or $249 per person for RTW trips
  • Awards & Travel: (iqbalt from FT) $100 for the first person; $50 for additional personnel. Explorer and RTW awards will be $200/ per person.
  • Book Your Award (Gary Leff/View From The Wing): Booking: $150 per person; changes: $75 per one-way
  • BoundlessMiles (Dominik Żmuda/Travelling the World): Booking: $50 USD per passenger, $25 change/cancellation fee per passenger
  • First Class and Beyond "Concierge-style" bookings for $250/person (and up). Fee is based on the value of the retail ticket. Phone calls encouraged.
  • Flightfox Consultative flight searching; fees start at $98 (requires credit card authorization up front)
  • iflywithmiles.com (Mike/Melissa): 150 USD first person, 85 for additional person on same itin. Change fees vary.
  • Luxury Travel Consulting (Jasper2009 on Flyertalk): $150 per person per ticket (discounted fee for additional pax and itineraries wholly within NA)
  • Juicy Miles (Adam/Point Me to the Plane): Booking: $125 per person; changes: included within reason
  • MilesConcierge: (callmedtop on FT) "High-touch" award bookings, emphasizing personalized engagement for every customer. $125 for first passenger, $100 for each additional.
  • MilesElite: $99 for award search and $149 for award search and booking.
  • Miles Momma Booking Services Airline Booking: $150 up to 2 passengers. $25 additional passengers. Hotel Booking: $100 for up to 3 hotels.
  • MileValue Award Booking Service (Scott Grimmer): Booking: $125 per person per award; changes: $79 per person
  • PMM Travel Consulting (Miguel R. Quinones/AwardWallet Blog): Booking: $125 per passenger for the first two passengers, $99 for each additional passenger. Also provide credit card advice and travel planning services. All major credit cards accepted.
  • PointsPros (Ben Schlappig/One Mile At A Time): Booking: $200 first passenger, $100 each additional passenger; changes: "a nominal fee"
  • Reward Flyer: Free service as long as you apply for credit cards through their site.
  • Shrewd Travel: (skyvanman on FT) Booking: $250 per person; changes: varies; Available via phone or e-mail or even FT PM.
  • SFO777.com (SFO777 on FT) Booking: $200 first passenger, $100 each additional passenger; change fees vary
  • The Points Jet Setter $150 for the first passenger and $75 per each additional passenger
  • Upgrd Awards (MatthewLAX on FT, Live and Let's Fly blog) $150 first passenger, $100 each additional passenger; changes $75 but can vary
  • zainman, FT member since 2009, offers his consultant services for $ as well

Note: This list is not an endorsement of any particular award booking service; please do your research and read this thread. See the FT Disclaimers for disclaimer of responsibility for use of these services, etc. Please add other services and options you know about to this wiki. Also, please post any personal experiences you may have with any of these services in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 30, 11, 4:18 am   #16

Programs: Hilton Gold-Marriott Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by World-Wide View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by philemer View Post
You really think your friends & family will pay for this service when they know that you will help them if they bug you enough?
What is even more interesting is instead of helping "friends & family" he will rather have them pay. (wow)

And I don't see the point of paying someone for that.
Agree with why wouldn't you help family/friends???
mike2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 11, 5:19 am   #17

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, UA urine (PP), A3 *G, Hyatt Dia, AmEx Plat, *$G (Starbucks Gold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2200 View Post
I would, but OP clearly says "at times its quicker to pay for the help as Im on travel etc"

Award booking is time sensitive
amolkold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 11, 7:54 am   #18

Programs: No preference
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
gleffp - http://bookyouraward.com/

lucky9865 - http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...ed-award-help/

thepointsguy did or does, couldn't find link on his blog - http://thepointsguy.com/about-me/
I believe lucky and thepointsguy are not currently accepting new customers (for award bookings that is). But I may be way off.
jcmitchell21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 11, 9:29 am   #19
2016 Secret Santa

Programs: AA, UA, DL, HH G
http://pointspros.com/

I recently used this service. I wanted to book a round trip to Asia, but one way with OW, and the other with *A. He presented me with a schedule that I hadn't thought of, but that I liked.

I believe the price was worth it, considering I didn't have to deal with any airline, and everything was done through e-mail.
MrDplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 11, 2:37 pm   #20

Programs: CO, BA, UA, AA, PC, HH, MARRIOT, HYATT, MR, STARWOOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDplus View Post

I recently used this service. I wanted to book a round trip to Asia, but one way with OW, and the other with *A. He presented me with a schedule that I hadn't thought of, but that I liked.

I believe the price was worth it, considering I didn't have to deal with any airline, and everything was done through e-mail.
How much?@
finite7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 11, 2:38 pm   #21
2016 Secret Santa

Programs: AA, UA, DL, HH G
Quote:
Originally Posted by finite7777 View Post
How much?@
$150.
MrDplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 11, 3:06 pm   #22
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
What is even more interesting is instead of helping "friends & family" he will rather have them pay. (wow)

And I don't see the point of paying someone for that.
Obviously you have not ever booked a complicated routing involving very hard to find award seats segments, at the peak seasons or last minutes.

There are times the money paying for the experts to hunt these down for you is money well-spent when you either dont have the knowledge or the tools to look for such, or you simply dont have the time to hunt for such.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 30, 11 at 3:13 pm
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 11, 3:11 pm   #23
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolkold View Post
I would, but OP clearly says "at times its quicker to pay for the help as Im on travel etc"

And it is time consuming.

Above all things, it is the KNOWLEDGE that one is paying for.

Those pros know the alliances route maps like the back of their hands. They can come up with routing that none of the newbies here can think of, or know about.

Of course if your award idea is a r/t to Hawaii, or a r/t to Europe / Asia with the basic routing, you would think paying for such service is crazy... UNTIL, you have a very difficult time finding award seats on the basic routing you know about... such as just to get to Rome in July by business class to meet your cruise ... Then those services may come up with very unusual routing that have seats to get you there... just an example.
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 11, 10:44 pm   #24

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver
I've used travelconcierge before (twice now) and Roland has been very good at finding what I want and from different alliances. I think he is Australian based, but is very knowledgable in finding routings for me that work.

I used up *A miles for my first trip and this time I am using up my *A miles one way and BA/Avios miles on the way back. Being able to fly the A380 on Air France was nice.
ademarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 11, 10:49 pm   #25

Programs: IHG, SPG, Hyatt, AS, AC, BA, AA, VS
I agree on the knowledge thing....and they have a wealth of experience working with awards, thinking outside the box and making things work. They know not just alliance partners but non-alliance partners, etc.

Granted with a bit of work anyone can figure this stuff out...with the right tools. I would certainly consider using a consultant like this though if I had special needs beyond a simple, straight-forward ticket.
glennaa11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 12, 4:01 pm   #26

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Quote:
Originally Posted by philemer View Post
You really think your friends & family will pay for this service when they know that you will help them if they bug you enough?
Fair point

Quote:
Ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2200 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolkold View Post

Ive spent more than 300 hours on phone with US, burning millions of miles. There is no way I can help all friends and family with the time consuming ANA searches and phone calls with various US agents. However most I have done have been for family and friends. I have never charged any fees for helping anyone spend their miles. I even pay for it my self when urgent due to timing, travel etc. Will update with my experiences.
travelkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 12, 8:53 pm   #27

Which award service would you recommend and how much would it cost?

Need to book with U.S. Airways dividend miles for Biz or 1st class from LAX to SGN, PHN to YVR and YVR to LAX for late December 2012 to January 2013, approximately 3 weeks total for trip.
metoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 12, 11:28 pm   #28

My service is in my signature line.
belfordrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 12, 12:42 am   #29

I would also like to recommend Award Travel Consulting and they only charge $100 per booking: http://www.awardtravelconsulting.com/ I am new to the game and ATC helped book two F class award tickets using US Airways DM. They take consulting to a new level because we experienced a bump on one of our segment back home and could not get in touch with US Airways but luckily I was able to get access to a computer before boarding and emailed ATC with the predicament. They gave US Airways a call and had the problem resolved when we arrived for our next connection flight.
somempire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 12, 10:16 am   #30

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by somempire1 View Post
I would also like to recommend Award Travel Consulting and they only charge $100 per booking: http://www.awardtravelconsulting.com/ I am new to the game and ATC helped book two F class award tickets using US Airways DM. They take consulting to a new level because we experienced a bump on one of our segment back home and could not get in touch with US Airways but luckily I was able to get access to a computer before boarding and emailed ATC with the predicament. They gave US Airways a call and had the problem resolved when we arrived for our next connection flight.
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip...hopefully we'll get to see some pictures of you in the BKK Thai Airways First Class lounge soon! To clarify, we charge $100/person to put together an itinerary and $50/itinerary to call in and book. We have a full explanation (along with a picture taken in TK first class suites with wine and canapes ) available--see link below.

Last edited by philemer; Jan 9, 12 at 9:16 am Reason: removed commercial link
johndeere19 is offline   Reply With Quote